• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

Why do we have "Faith vs. Science?"

Why are we so intent on keeping the two apart?

Mainly because from what I've seen there is no middle ground, this question was brought up by be, and various members of worthy a while back, but the end result was, from an evolutionist perspective "science and God can't mix" from a creationist perspective, science is the study of Gods work" so the isn't too much of a middle ground, it's evolution, or creation.

I disagree, Josh. It is possible for evolution (which applies to everything except man) and creationism (which applies only to man) to coexist. Science is fact and does not conflict with the word of God. After all, He is the creator; does it not follow that He created science as well? I fail to see why so many have trouble reconciling the two. :whistling:

Have you read some of the modern scientists work? like Dawkins for example, basicly he's in an all out war with faith. There is a science that is not science, that is when theorys are made without evidence and taken in as fact.

Dawkins is one man, not a group of modern scientists.

If you're going to say he's against faith, you had better be specific, and GIVE A SOURCE. If you have nothing to back up what you say, it's heresy.

A theory is NOT A THEORY if nothing backs it up. I believe I've said this before. A hypothesis is a suggestion that could be a solution to a problem; a theory is a hypothesis with some degree of support. DON'T MESS THEM UP. That's one of the major reasons that many atheists disregard Christianity as unthinking and closed-minded, and it does no good to live up to stereotypes.

"Faith is the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. Faith is belief in spite of, even perhaps because of, the lack of evidence."

Richard Dawkins

Science offers us an explanation of how complexity (the difficult) arose out of simplicity (the easy). The hypothesis of God offers no worthwhile explanation for anything, for it simply postulates what we are trying to explain."

Richard Dawkins

theres two quotes from him, Someone posted a video from him a while back stating that Religion is the root of all evil.

as far as theory, and hypothesis, I am only stating that many hypothesis' are taken in as fact, which the evidence supporting it can be taken both ways, like carbon dating, and it's accuracy, because it can only go back 50,000 years yet it's claimed to go back further, another thing Radiometric Dating, yes it can date the minerals in the rock, based on the assumption that the radioactive decay is accurate with their dates, how ever, if a flood did occure, it would higher the rate of radioactive decay and increace the number of minerals in a fossil.

http://www.serve.com/~herrmann/pp7b.htm

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  107
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

as far as theory, and hypothesis, I am only stating that many hypothesis' are taken in as fact, which the evidence supporting it can be taken both ways, like carbon dating, and it's accuracy, because it can only go back 50,000 years yet it's claimed to go back further, another thing Radiometric Dating, yes it can date the minerals in the rock, based on the assumption that the radioactive decay is accurate with their dates, how ever, if a flood did occure, it would higher the rate of radioactive decay and increace the number of minerals in a fossil.

Radiocarbon dating and other radiometric dating methods are extremely useful and based on perfectly sound scientific principles. The treatment of radiometric dating data is filtered through a rigorous process of peer review within the scientific community.

Also, I must again stress that theories can be and indeed often are facts.

A theory is NOT A THEORY if nothing backs it up. I believe I've said this before. A hypothesis is a suggestion that could be a solution to a problem; a theory is a hypothesis with some degree of support. DON'T MESS THEM UP. That's one of the major reasons that many atheists disregard Christianity as unthinking and closed-minded, and it does no good to live up to stereotypes.

:whistling::24::24:

Wrong!

"And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;" (Romans 1:28)

See.....

"But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death." (Proverbs 8:36)

And.....

Psalms 14

"The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good."

"The LORD looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God."

"They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one."

"Have all the workers of iniquity no knowledge? who eat up my people as they eat bread, and call not upon the LORD."

"There were they in great fear: for God is in the generation of the righteous."

"Ye have shamed the counsel of the poor, because the LORD is his refuge."

"Oh that the salvation of Israel were come out of Zion! when the LORD bringeth back the captivity of his people, Jacob shall rejoice, and Israel shall be glad."

Therefore.....

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." (Matthew 6:33)

And.....

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16)

Wow!

"And he saith unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Hereafter ye shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of man." John 1:51)

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Let me get this straight...

You just answered me informing you of a scientific rule...

with verses that have nothing to do with it?

And you laughed about it? Are you ok?

I mean, come on! Are you even TRYING to make sense?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  146
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,308
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

You just answered me informing you of a scientific rule...

with verses that have nothing to do with it?

And you laughed about it? Are you ok?

I mean, come on! Are you even TRYING to make sense?

The scripture Fresno quoted has everything to do with your reply. Which brings to mind...

1 Corinthians 2:14

The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

You're trying to tell me that...

"And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;" (Romans 1:28)

See.....

"But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death." (Proverbs 8:36)

And.....

Psalms 14

"The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good."

"The LORD looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God."

"They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one."

"Have all the workers of iniquity no knowledge? who eat up my people as they eat bread, and call not upon the LORD."

"There were they in great fear: for God is in the generation of the righteous."

"Ye have shamed the counsel of the poor, because the LORD is his refuge."

"Oh that the salvation of Israel were come out of Zion! when the LORD bringeth back the captivity of his people, Jacob shall rejoice, and Israel shall be glad."

Therefore.....

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." (Matthew 6:33)

...has to do with evolution?

And now you're telling me I'm not a Christian with the verse you're quoting, when I have EXCEPTIONALLY stressed that I am?

I AM speaking English, right?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

Radiocarbon dating and other radiometric dating methods are extremely useful and based on perfectly sound scientific principles. The treatment of radiometric dating data is filtered through a rigorous process of peer review within the scientific community.

Also, I must again stress that theories can be and indeed often are facts.

Theorys can be fact yes, but if you look into various hypothesis' they are concidered fact without evidence, like abio genises, the big bang, also the age of our universe, they are concidered valid theorys, and stressed that they are fact, yet the evidence doesn't say they are direct fact, evidence is what we can observe, and repeatedly test, evolution has it's gaps and holes, creation as a scientific theory has just as many gaps based on what we know, but the evidence at hand can be interprited into both. I can see how evidence can line up for evolution, but I can also see how evidence lines up for creation. So therefor which side is taken ins cience is based off the majority. I have not seen any valid evidence against Christianity, except the opinions of man. one thing I find interesting that God created man and woman, evolution cannot explain how male and female came to be. there are various things that are overlooked in the realm of science based off the opinion that evolution is true.

I'm not a Christian with the verse you're quoting, when I have EXCEPTIONALLY stressed that I am?

I AM speaking English, right?

:th_praying:

"We give thanks to God and the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you, Since we heard of your faith in Christ Jesus, and of the love which ye have to all the saints," (Colossians 1:3-4)

Guest lovinghim4ever
Why do we have "Faith vs. Science?"

Why are we so intent on keeping the two apart?

God created them both, so how can we keep them apart?

However, we must remember that . . .

Faith can do many things that Science can never explain,

But, there is nothing Science can do that Faith cannot account for.

:whistling::thumbsup::whistling:

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  107
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Theorys can be fact yes, but if you look into various hypothesis' they are concidered fact without evidence, like abio genises, the big bang, also the age of our universe, they are concidered valid theorys, and stressed that they are fact, yet the evidence doesn't say they are direct fact, evidence is what we can observe, and repeatedly test, evolution has it's gaps and holes, creation as a scientific theory has just as many gaps based on what we know, but the evidence at hand can be interprited into both. I can see how evidence can line up for evolution, but I can also see how evidence lines up for creation. So therefor which side is taken ins cience is based off the majority. I have not seen any valid evidence against Christianity, except the opinions of man. one thing I find interesting that God created man and woman, evolution cannot explain how male and female came to be. there are various things that are overlooked in the realm of science based off the opinion that evolution is true.

Abiogenesis is a mere hypothesis, yes. The age of the universe is part of the Big Bang theory, which is supported by considerably more evidence, though it has yet to be wholly accepted. While it is true that the media and other laypersons often confuse scientific principles, I am not aware of any qualified researcher who considers any of these three issues to be "fact." Regardless, the community certainly does not.

As for evolution, the "holes" you see are just gaps in history, not flaws in the theory. The logic used to find and identify these "holes" might be akin to saying that there were no casualties at Hastings because we can't find any dead bodies.