WarMonkeyMan

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

If you were able to go back in time 50 years or so and ask any scientist if the Universe was created or eternal

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I commit fully to conventional science and adjust my interpretation of the Bible accordingly.

You can look down your nose at me from the literal Bible and I can look down my nose at you from the standpoint of conventional science.

So let's spare each other the nose-looking.

We've put our trust in different places. So what?

Of course, this isn't to say we are both right. :emot-hug:

Oh my!

You?

Me?

What about God?

Does God get a say in what is true and what is false?

Who is man that you would mock The Bible and follow his folly?

"Cease ye from man, whose breath is in his nostrils: for wherein is he to be accounted of ?" (Isaiah 2:22)

Who is man that you should change The Word of The LORD and sit in the seat of the scornful?

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night." (Psalms 1:1-2)

Happiness!

"Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the LORD." (Psalms 119:1)

Love, Joe

Guest lovinghim4ever

God created Faith and Science, so how can we keep them apart?

Faith comes first, so any Science after that is only because of Faith.

Faith can do everything that Science can never explain.

But, there is nothing Science can do that Faith cannot account for.

:emot-hug::):21:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

If you were able to go back in time 50 years or so and ask any scientist if the Universe was created or eternal

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  107
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

The point is very valid

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

The point is very valid

Guest eternalparadox

Hi,

My name is Daniel Pelak and I am currently a clinical psychology student at Eastern Illinois University and a former graduate from Southeastern College of the Assemblies of God. I am currently working on my thesis and I am wondering if you would be willing to participate? I am attempting to study the conviction of the spirit as referenced in John 16:7-11 and religious commitment. This study represents a great opportunity to quantify religious experience in the scientific community. In order for the results to be significant I need a minimum of 200 participants; this is where you come in, if you are will, the study will take about 20-35 minutes and can be easily accessed from internet. You can click on this link <a href="http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=239233302776">Click here to take survey</a> or type in the URL address http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=239233302776. Also, if you would be willing to forward email on to anyone who might be willing to participate I would be extremely grateful.

Thank you for all of your time and effort,

Daniel Pelak

P.S. Please help me graduate by filling out the study!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Content Count:  387
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  10/11/1977

Why do we have "Faith vs. Science?"

Why are we so intent on keeping the two apart?

I read through some of these replies and see some peoblems....I won't mention names.

First of all....Science and creation go hand in hand. It is Macro-Evolution which is contrary to creation.

Science (true science) is the study of Gods creation.

I think that the problem comes in when people try to say that evolution is science, when in fact it is NOT!

Well wait a minute...let me back up....there are two types of evolution, by definition, which come in to play here.

Macro-Evolution, as I mentioned earlier, is the theory that we all were evolved from some primortial soup after the big bang.

(This kind of evolution is not science at all. It takes faith to believe in it because there is absolutely no proof, and it is therfore just another religon)

Micro-Evolution is science based and observable. It is small variations within a species. It is not the changing from one kind to another. There are many variations of dogs, but they are all dogs.

A good example of Micro-evolution (or adaptation) is a certain moth(I forget the name) lived in a big city where there was much smog. This type of moth had either white ones or black ones, of the same kind. Eventually the white ones were eaten by preditors and now only the black ones remain because of their camoflaged dark color in the smog. Yes, they were of the same kind and could produce white ones, but eventually the white trait became extinct and wasn't passed on anymore.

True Science (not Macro-Evolution) goes hand in hand with Creation and demonstrates Gods awsome Creation.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  183
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,892
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  09/07/1985

I read through some of these replies and see some peoblems....I won't mention names.

First of all....Science and creation go hand in hand. It is Macro-Evolution which is contrary to creation.

Science (true science) is the study of Gods creation.

I am not a scientist but I did get an education in it (a bachelors in biology) and I am well aware it doesn't exactly jive with literal creation. It doesn't jive at all, really. ;)

True Science (not Macro-Evolution) goes hand in hand with Creation and demonstrates Gods awsome Creation.

Are you are scientist, Tom? If not, how can you possibly tell us what "true science" is? ;)

Note: I believe in God. I already have faith, I don't need creationist pseudoscience to support my belief. Creationist pseudoscience is a poor substitute for real science, and an even poorer substitute for faith.

Edited by Angry Dragons

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Content Count:  107
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

And how do you really feel about Darwinian pseudoscience, i.e., his