WarMonkeyMan

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Now, what I don't get is that when I state that I'm here to ask the hard questions that takes thinking to answer, when I state that I'm a Christian, when I state what I believe...

I still get told I'm "warring against the saints." I still get told that "[i'm] a wolf in sheep's clothing."

Am I really so sensitive, or is this the amount of ignorance that I'm seeing it as?

Please explain this statement. Do you or do you not see design in nature? If God is the Designer of nature wouldn

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

I'm not the bad guy here.

I really, REALLY don't want to be treated like the bad guy.

I've had about 2 days here now, and I've already gotten people somehow convinced that I'm not a Christian, I hate the Bible, and that I must think that evolution explains all. This is after I've said that I am a Christian, do not hate the Bible, and really don't give much of a flip about evolution.

I'm sure that that's either supposed to be funny or sad, but at the moment, it's hard to tell.

I AM A CHRISTIAN. I don't appreciate the attacks I've gotten for asking the hard questions. The facts are, there are people out there who WON'T take evolution as false just because the Bible says it didn't happen that way. And, facts are, there's support for Creationism out there if you'll go look for it instead of quoting a few irrelevant verses at people.

In closing: Christianity isn't about your comfort zone.

I'm on your side warmonkey, I have nothing against you, and I do respect your posts. I don't take evolution as false just because the bible though, I take it as false because evidence against evolution, I am a creationist, but I try to look into the facts, and there is alot of support for creationism.

Well, that makes sense to me.

If that's so, why is everyone so scared to post this information when it's asked for? All I've gotten are Bible verses and a serious finger wag.

And everyone else,

I don't really mind what people think of me, but I'd rather not have people spreading bull malarkey about me around.

Not sure, best thing to do is look past it. :24:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Ok, some athiests are good at what they do. So what? They can be as good as they want, they are still wrong. The nature of the answers you give them, whether simplistic, or complicated and flow-charted to the nth degree would be meaningless, they are still going to tell you they don't buy it, that there is no God. In most cases, their hearts are hardened, so your method of explanation is meaningless. They are sure that they are right, and unfortunately, for most of them, when they finally realize they were wrong, it will be too late. It's heartbreaking, but not much can be done about it beyond prayer.

:24: This is the wrong way round. Faith is the unchanging one, Science changes constantly. No matter how much evidence I give you, no matter what I show you, no matter what you observe for yourself, I am sure that someone with your level of conviction would never cease belief in god. However, show a GOOD scientist evidence that contradicts his beliefs and, after analysing it for himself with a balance of skepticism and openmindedness, he will accept that he was wrong. No atheist can be 100% sure (if you can find me one that is I would like to have a stern word with them :24: ). There are an infinity of levels of belief between agnostic and atheist, but science is never certain, just very very very sure. Faith, however, 'knows'. Which one did you say was not open to logic, reason and debate?

If you can show me enough evidence to outweigh what I have observed and read etc, I will convert. But my guess is that other than biblical quotes, attacks against evolution, and 'common sense', I don't think you have much.

When you "know" the supreme commander, nothing can convince you He is wrong---least of all someone who believes in science as his god, which changes like the wind! Why does it change? Because mankind is constantly finding out that his assumptions are either limited or FALSE. Why is that? Because man is feeble-minded compared to the one who set all things in motion, and left many clues and evidences of Himself. God is laughing! I am, too.

How might scientists observe these obvious fingerprints that point to

WarMonkeyMan

Well, yeah, if you're biasing your data you're BSing the common folk. That ought to lose you your credentials as is. But, as a generalization, most scientists start neutrally, and present the data as is. Sometimes media helps to make that data into pointing in different directions.

You haven