• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  857
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/04/1981

Just curious...

How many people on Worthy Boards would call themselves a full force modern christian, and how many would say that they are beginning the transition into post-modernity?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

What are these labels? Why do we need any? :emot-questioned:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  113
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/28/1952

Just curious...

How many people on Worthy Boards would call themselves a full force modern christian, and how many would say that they are beginning the transition into post-modernity?

Sounds like you're asking, "Are we more like the times of the Old Testament or more like and applicable to the New Testament?" Or am I that Old that I totally missed your quest? lol :)

In the case that you are asking what I reassembled.....Good question :emot-questioned: ......Because I've wondered the same thing! If you're not and I'm way off base, my appologies! But a great quest anyway , so I'll respond....I know I'm more "New Testament" bound . I do read and appreciate the both of them, but I like the "now" stories. Even when I'm in church , I find people and myself get a little bored when we here toooooo much of the "old stuff" for very long! I find it easier to connect with and related to the "New Testament," but a professional speaker knows how to "Blend " and "mix" the two sections to make it more enjoyeable and interesting. Let's face it.....unless you're crazy about "History," Genesis gets a little monotonotous after you've read it 5 times! lol

Love

New Testament "Thumper"

Cajunboy

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Content Count:  469
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  09/21/1967

Do you really understand what post modernist means? modern and post modern are of the world and are damaging to a Christians soul and connection with God. We are living in Post modern time, basically a politically correct time where everyone is equal and everyone is right, no one has all the answers and anyone who does have all the answers, ie Christians are seen as dangerous and deluded.

You can see how many individual churches and clergy have split away as they allow post modernist thinking to cloud their judgment, such as saying there is nothing wrong with homosexuality , denying supernatural events like virgin birth and resurrection took place and even pouring doubt on if there is a hell.

The only label we should be concerned with is wearing that of

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

Whether or not you know it, Andrew, you're putting forth a Modern philosophy. Really, though, the OP's question is not about being Christian or not Christian at all. Moderns tend to see things are more black and white than Postmoderns...but that's REALLY simplified, and there are varying degrees of postmodern and modern thought.

I'd say I'm somewhere in between. I see many more truths than extreme postmoderninsts do as being universal, but individual experience and perspective matters more to me than it does for extreme modernists.

Just curious...

Sounds like you're asking, "Are we more like the times of the Old Testament or more like and applicable to the New Testament?" Or am I that Old that I totally missed your quest? lol :noidea:

In the case that you are asking what I reassembled.....Good question :noidea: ......Because I've wondered the same thing! If you're not and I'm way off base, my appologies! But a great quest anyway , so I'll respond....I know I'm more "New Testament" bound . I do read and appreciate the both of them, but I like the "now" stories. Even when I'm in church , I find people and myself get a little bored when we here toooooo much of the "old stuff" for very long! I find it easier to connect with and related to the "New Testament," but a professional speaker knows how to "Blend " and "mix" the two sections to make it more enjoyeable and interesting. Let's face it.....unless you're crazy about "History," Genesis gets a little monotonotous after you've read it 5 times! lol

Love

New Testament "Thumper"

Cajunboy

It's not about OT or NT, no. I'm not very good at explaining Modern vs. Postmodern thought except in oversimplified terms, unless you want a whole essay on it (which I frankly don't have the patience to write right now)...see my last post to get an idea of it, but the OP might do a better job of explaining it.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

"Modern" & "Post-Modern"? Who left the door open? How about OLD-FASHIONED and BIBLE-BASED? I'm an ANCIENT, Old and New Testament, evangelical Christian thrilled with settled Holy Writ "delivered once FOR ALL TIME to the saints" (Greek, Jude 1). Zowie, RIGHT ON! Nuff said.

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

I'll say it again...the question isn't about whether or not you're a Christian, or whether or not you believe the Bible is the authoritative Word of God. There are moderns and postmoderns both who believe or don't believe any number of those things.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Content Count:  469
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  09/21/1967

Whether or not you know it, Andrew, you're putting forth a Modern philosophy. Really, though, the OP's question is not about being Christian or not Christian at all. Moderns tend to see things are more black and white than Postmoderns...but that's REALLY simplified, and there are varying degrees of postmodern and modern thought.

I'd say I'm somewhere in between. I see many more truths than extreme postmoderninsts do as being universal, but individual experience and perspective matters more to me than it does for extreme modernists.

I never mentioned anything about being a Christian or not, what I am saying is that Christians who go down the Post Modernist way of thinking are playing a dangerous game. Trying to make the Bible fit into today

I never mentioned anything about being a Christian or not, what I am saying is that Christians who go down the Post Modernist way of thinking are playing a dangerous game. Trying to make the Bible fit into today