Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1

You are right. In God's eyes...a couple become married or one flesh when they sleep together...However, for our marriage to be recognized legally we should just follow the traditions.... besides it is so much fun to do all the planning. (if you like planning that is.) Also, the woman never used to change her name...that was started too by men...however, I proudly took my husband's name...just some of my thoughts

hello Yahwehsdaughte,

your statement is incorrect. When people sleep together they are not married. Scripture NEVER teaches that. If that were the case there would never be such a thing a fornication or adultry.

marriage is a union (agreement between two people to live as man and wife under the bonds of God's guidelines. (forever) The type of ceremony is not spelled out in scripture so it is left to culture. At the time of Adam and Eve there was only God and them. This does not mean that we are free to simply move in together and calll it a marriage. The wooman at the well was told by jesus that the man she was with was not her husband, but that she had five before this one. So God does not simply accept so called common law marriages. That might be fine if two people are in some disereted place whhere there is no way too hold a common ceremony and they vow before God to be married before coming together in a sexual union,but other then that it would be fornication and sin.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  1,157
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/25/1982

You are right. In God's eyes...a couple become married or one flesh when they sleep together...However, for our marriage to be recognized legally we should just follow the traditions.... besides it is so much fun to do all the planning. (if you like planning that is.) Also, the woman never used to change her name...that was started too by men...however, I proudly took my husband's name...just some of my thoughts

hello Yahwehsdaughte,

your statement is incorrect. When people sleep together they are not married. Scripture NEVER teaches that. If that were the case there would never be such a thing a fornication or adultry.

marriage is a union (agreement between two people to live as man and wife under the bonds of God's guidelines. (forever) The type of ceremony is not spelled out in scripture so it is left to culture. At the time of Adam and Eve there was only God and them. This does not mean that we are free to simply move in together and calll it a marriage. The wooman at the well was told by jesus that the man she was with was not her husband, but that she had five before this one. So God does not simply accept so called common law marriages. That might be fine if two people are in some disereted place whhere there is no way too hold a common ceremony and they vow before God to be married before coming together in a sexual union,but other then that it would be fornication and sin.

And i can tell that you totally misinterpreted what i was saying. Of course...it is sin...yet the way it ORIGINALLY was...like it was said first, is that there were no weddings...why do you think that the Bible says that when two people sleep together they become one flesh...why do you think sex outside of marriage literally ruins lives??? Don't you think i know that...I do..I lived it so let me clear it up right now..i was just stating that the whole "wedding thing" is a tradition...yes, we still have to get married because it needs to be recognized by the law....but if you look back in the old testament...adam and eve didn't have a wedding...cain didn't have a wedding...the wedding started several years later....I lived a life of promiscuity before being a Christian..i live EVERY day with consequenses of that lifestyle...If i could i would go back and change it all..so i am done with this topic...I am all for two people being married LEGALLY before sleeping together because i don't want people to know the pain i have to live with every day of my life for the rest of my life...I may not even be able to have kids now which has always been my greatest dream....sorry to come off a little strong...but there are times where i cry because i still regret the things i have done...if you want to hear my testimony...just ask..then maybe you can have an idea...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

hello Yahwehsdaughte,

Adultry is sleeping with someone other than your spouse.

Culture does not define Gods guidelines.

Scripture please.

I didnt say just move in together.

I said make vows to eachother before God. and Vow to God to be faithful.

Jesus told the woman at the well that she wasnt divorced from her past husbands which meant she was committing adultry.

"That might be fine if two people are in some disereted place whhere there is no way too hold a common ceremony and they vow before God to be married before coming together in a sexual union,but other then that it would be fornication and sin."

Scripture please.

Why does the government have to recognize a union before it is a union?

A marriage is between a man and a woman and God.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Content Count:  469
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  09/21/1967

The bible makes it perfectly clear, sex between two single individuals is immoral. Yes when you have intercourse with someone you are spiritually joined, but this still doesn

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  1,157
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  07/25/1982

Because it is law...we are to obey the laws of our land...

Because it is law...we are to obey the laws of our land...

There is no law that states a man and a woman have to have a piece of paper to be married in the eyes of GOD.

Only to be married in the eyes of government.

The bible makes it perfectly clear, sex between two single individuals is immoral. Yes when you have intercourse with someone you are spiritually joined, but this still doesn

It says what GOD has joined together, not what the government has joined together.