• Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

Yah,

Please post what your pastor says.

I really want to know.

I will...I just can't get a hold of him yet...He also is the co-partner of a business and he is extremely busy right now with tax season....

No problem, take your time.

I'm here a lot. :emot-hug:

yeah..i really like this forum...i like the open discussions

Just dont believe everything you read.

Research it yourself and look in the Bible for answers.

A lot of people like to quote out of context which causes confusion.

BTW,

We like having you here.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  63
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,157
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  07/25/1982

Yah,

Please post what your pastor says.

I really want to know.

I will...I just can't get a hold of him yet...He also is the co-partner of a business and he is extremely busy right now with tax season....

No problem, take your time.

I'm here a lot. :emot-hug:

yeah..i really like this forum...i like the open discussions

Just dont believe everything you read.

Research it yourself and look in the Bible for answers.

A lot of people like to quote out of context which causes confusion.

BTW,

We like having you here.

Definately...I look everything I hear up...and things that I am unsure about, i will take those scriptures to my pastor and ask what he believes and then i will compare with what he said with the Bible...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  179

Why was Adam and Eves marriage acceptable without a license and without a wedding feast and without a preacher considered a marriage then but not now?

• Topic Count:  160
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  01/30/1983

Why was Adam and Eves marriage acceptable without a license and without a wedding feast and without a preacher considered a marriage then but not now?

Simple. Society today is skewed by cultural norms. TECHNICALLY you could become married by committing yourselves to eachother under the will of God, sans 4 course dinner and minister.

However, in the time of Adam and Eve there was no such thing as ministers and the whole concept of a "wedding". Personally I like the whole wedding thing- I don't understand why a couple wouldn't want to publicly, and under God, commit themselves to eachother for life. I think it would be easier to have the whole thing fall apart without the legal documention. But i am entirely speaking of my own opinion.

Simple. Society today is skewed by cultural norms. TECHNICALLY you could become married by committing yourselves to eachother under the will of God, sans 4 course dinner and minister.

However, in the time of Adam and Eve there was no such thing as ministers and the whole concept of a "wedding". Personally I like the whole wedding thing- I don't understand why a couple wouldn't want to publicly, and under God, commit themselves to eachother for life. I think it would be easier to have the whole thing fall apart without the legal documention. But i am entirely speaking of my own opinion.

I agree...and i am also all for the wedding thing but especially the Jewish wedding. The Jewish wedding paints a beautiful picture of our salvation...

• Topic Count:  179

Well said sierra.

Yah,

Thats kind of where I was going with the question as well.

How did we get from adam and eves marriage to the traditional jewish wedding to the weddings we americans now have?

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  545
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  33,390
  • Content Per Day:  5.09
  • Days Won:  248
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

I think it says .."What God has put together let no man put asunder " since God put Adam and Eve together in the garden of Eden then can we assume that the "wedding" was performed by God Himself ?

I think it says .."What God has put together let no man put asunder " since God put Adam and Eve together in the garden of Eden then can we assume that the "wedding" was performed by God Himself ?

I like this answer too

• Topic Count:  160
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  01/30/1983

Well said sierra.

Yah,

How did we get from adam and eves marriage to the traditional jewish wedding to the weddings we americans now have?

Well i would be willing to bet that God did have a hand in it...

But if you think about it- Adam and Eve were the only people around. There was no one around to witness the marriage even if they did do some kind of formal ceremony thing. As they began to procreate I imagine God must have given them some direction in terms of marriage.

It's kind of weird if you think about it though, because siblings were obviously procreating together. i wonder if they were falling in love and all that funstuff? I also wonder whether or not they were monogamous back then. Somehow I think God may have directed them to have as many children as possible, and I doubt he would have laid out rules because his goal would have been to create population, not place restrictions on relationships but again this is just my own thought process...no biblical backing whatsoever! :emot-handshake:

Well said sierra.

Yah,

Well i would be willing to bet that God did have a hand in it...

But if you think about it- Adam and Eve were the only people around. There was no one around to witness the marriage even if they did do some kind of formal ceremony thing. As they began to procreate I imagine God must have given them some direction in terms of marriage.

It's kind of weird if you think about it though, because siblings were obviously procreating together. i wonder if they were falling in love and all that funstuff? I also wonder whether or not they were monogamous back then. Somehow I think God may have directed them to have as many children as possible, and I doubt he would have laid out rules because his goal would have been to create population, not place restrictions on relationships but again this is just my own thought process...no biblical backing whatsoever! :24:

yeah..i also think that he had to stop the inner family marriages (marriages to brothers, sisters, cousins, etc) because as time went on, it had something to do with the DNA that would cause birth defects in their offspring and that is why they stopped marrying inside families once the population got bigger