Help?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  146
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,308
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

Emotions can be deceiving, especially when you do not have spiritual maturity yet. Satan likes to whisper lies to us. Recognize the lie and turn away from it. God does not want us to be homosexual because he loves us. It is the same reason I have rules for my kids, I love them. I want them to wear bike helmets when riding their bike, stay on the sidewalk, finish their school work, eat healthy, etc. My kids don't always understand the why for some of the rules, especially the youngest who is 3. He'd like to have cake and ice cream every day for dinner. But we dont let him cause we love him. God is our Heavenly Father, though you may not understand why it is wrong, trust in God's love for you. noone loves you more than the one who created you.

Please read the first three verses in my siggy.

Welcome to Worthy! :laugh:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Well I think I have plenty of spiritual maturity thanks.

I have prayed and all that.

The only problem I'm having is wondering why my family and every other christian I meet tries to convince me I'm doing something wrong.

In fact I prayed again last night and I feel like I'm okay in the whole lesbian relationship thing now. But why is it that people try so hard to convince me it's wrong?

Your pride is standing between you and God. Give up your own ideas, and look to our Heavenly Father. I promise you it is a decision you will not regret, but if you continue in your current choice of homosexuality, you may not regret it now, but you will later. Someday you will have to face our maker. Are you going to tell God his commandments are wrong and you know better than him?

People try to convince you because they are concerned for you. If we were only concerned about being your buddy, we'd lie and tell you there is nothing wrong with homosexuality.

Matthew 7:13-15

The Narrow and Wide Gates

13"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

If someone you love is lost, you'd want to show them the right way right?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

The only problem I'm having is wondering why my family and every other christian I meet tries to convince me I'm doing something wrong.

You are wondering why everyone is telling you it is wrong? Well, it's because it is. Ask God to show you why, and He will...He tells us in His Word for one thing. People are not lying to you. It is an abomination to God to behave in a homosexual manner. You were not created for that. You were created for God!

If you prayed and your feelings are still telling you that you are right--your feelings are lying to you...and I may venture to say it isn't just your feelings---the devil himself is whispering to you that it is okay--just like him to seduce you as he did with Eve. If it is a sin to God and He hates it, how can you think it is ok? You can, if you believe a lie.

Choose life, brokengrrl.

Okay tell me something.

If all you say is correct.

Howcome I've seen gay animals too?

I thought animals were supposed to be the purest of beings.

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  540
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,887
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  229
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

who told you that animals were "pure"? animals act from instinct and often use "sex" as a means of showing dominance over other animals ...that is NOT love it is lust and/or a desire to be a group leader

Okay tell me something.

If all you say is correct.

Howcome I've seen gay animals too?

I thought animals were supposed to be the purest of beings.

:laugh: How can we be compared with the animal kingdom? We are mankind, and we are fashioned after God's attributes! Look up, not down for your comparisons! We are man, called to a high purpose as co-rulers with Christ. You can mix apples with oranges.

Animals don't even have lust...they don't sin.

I wasn't saying anything about lust in animals.

Why is every homosexual reference I make assumed to be lust?

Animals are God's creatures too

I came here to get comfort, guess I was wrong.

Maybe I wanted to see if there's such a thing as an open minded christian, other than myself.

Guess I was wrong.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10

9Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders 10nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

-----------------------------------------------------

Ephesians 5:1-3

1Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children 2and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.

3But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God's holy people.

-------------------------------------------------------

Galatians 6:1

Doing Good to All

1Brothers, if someone is caught in a sin, you who are spiritual should restore him gently. But watch yourself, or you also may be tempted.

-----------------------------------------------------

Psalm 25:6-8

6 Remember, O LORD, your great mercy and love,

for they are from of old.

7 Remember not the sins of my youth

and my rebellious ways;

according to your love remember me,

for you are good, O LORD.

8 Good and upright is the LORD;

therefore he instructs sinners in his ways.

-------------------------------------------

Romans 5:6-11

6You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. 7Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die. 8But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

9Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God's wrath through him! 10For if, when we were God's enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life! 11Not only is this so, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation.

---------------------------------------

1 Timothy 2:3-5

3This is good, and pleases God our Savior, 4who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 5For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,

I wasn't saying anything about lust in animals.

Why is every homosexual reference I make assumed to be lust?

Animals are God's creatures too

I came here to get comfort, guess I was wrong.

Maybe I wanted to see if there's such a thing as an open minded christian, other than myself.

Guess I was wrong.

Open minded..you mean open enough to accept sin? No, we are not to be that open-minded...that is a secular view, not God's way. NO COMPROMISE!