• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  139
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/12/1945

The issue is not about religious ceremony, such as church attendance. the Pharisees and so on of 2000 years ago all went to "church" more than the average person, and many of them even worked in the "church", whether it was the temple or a synagogue.

A lot of people quit going to church for the same reason I rarely attend church any more: the simple fact that there is so much corruption and abuse in the average denomination or local church that it no longer serves its purpose. Church isn't really about Jesus any more. Jesus is just used as some sort of tool to control people so that some false prophets can make their living off honest people.

There are still some good churches out there for those interested enough to look.

Edited by kenod

• 2 years later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

if I sound arrogant it's only because I'm so darn frustrated. We have heard for decades upon decades that according to certain prophesies the end time is coming..... but this has been preached since and proven wrong since Jesus rose from the grave. I wanna tackle some of the claims told by what I'm positive are false profits.

1] Morality continues to drop at an unspeakable rate

A] not true.... we've always had this morel problem. It has not increased one bit.... ask your parents and they will tell you what THEY did as kids. It's not pretty.... every person goes through phases and according to Proverbs teenagers are usually very trouble prone.... it's not a new problem, not at all.

2] chaos is increasing on the earth

A] WWI, WWII, The Great Depression, Adolf Hitler.... need I say more? We are actually in a very peaceful time in history compared to what has happened before. In about 20 years people will define this generation as peaceful yet spoiled.

3] natural disasters are on the rise

A] My mother tells me stories about snow that covers houses during the winter and tornadoes that touch down every summer at an unbelievable rate... I've never seen snow cover my car and we have had bad storms but I've never felt the need to use a storm cellar.... again weather conditions are much more peaceful as well... the only thing "on the rise" is the political agenda and the deceptive nature of the world.

4] these events are getting worse and worse

A]no.... according to what I have pointed out these events are calming down and the world is in a very peaceful time in history..... 85% of history so far is bloody battle.... read the OT to get a picture of this or read about the battle of Vietnam.... we are living in a very peaceful time in history... but yet a very spoiled and ungrateful time as well.

5] finally my personal favorite "we are the only generation who has not believed in the 2nd coming when it is preached... thus proving it

A] I'm not sure where people even get this stance.... I believe in the 2nd coming and in fact it's one of my greatest hopes.... i just don't believe Jesus would say "you will not know the time or date" and THAN place hidden messages in the bible as if to solve a jig-saw puzzle. It's foolish.... plus if you take a good look in history, you will see that Gnostic people throughout history have abused the scriptures like this ever since the resurrection of Christ... these people will be assigned a place with the false profits... this is an old problem that will not go away.

and that's my rant for the night.

[2 Peter 3:1-5]--THIS SECOND espistle, beloved, I now write unto you; in both which I stir up your pure minds by way of remembrance: vs 2) That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour: vs 3) Knowing this first, that there shall come in these last days "SCOFFERS," walking after their own lusts, vs 4) And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. vs 5) For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

The panic scene as you call it has been going on since the resurrection of Jesus, and it is the end-time prophesies that has been fore-told and preached since Christ resurrection which has been causing panic from the end of the resurrection up until this present time.

oc

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

Repent, for the end is near