• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  160
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/30/1983

what do u guys think about someone preaching in a spiritual retreat about deliverance and inner healing and just last week he had unmarital sex ..i dont know if he repented or not .....i know because the girl he did it with is my sister and friend in Christ????????????????????

I think that Inviting us to discuss a situation that we have no facts or background information to involving a third person who hasn

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

what do u guys think about someone preaching in a spiritual retreat about deliverance and inner healing and just last week he had unmarital sex ..i dont know if he repented or not .....i know because the girl he did it with is my sister and friend in Christ????????????????????

You need to call him on it. He cannot be allowed to preach. The devil will have a major foothold. Do it biblically, prayed up beforehand. Go to him first, now and confront him, and tell him to excuse himself from teaching and go to his overseers and repent to them as well as God. If he refuses, take 2 people with you and confront immediately. If he doesn't repent and retreat himself, call him on it publically. He needs to be excused from all ministry for a time to become repentant, if he isn't, and to be restored, if he is repentant.

If repentance doesn't come, then he needs to be set loose.

Same thing goes for your friend and sister in Christ.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  95
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  03/20/1980

I think that Inviting us to discuss a situation that we have no facts or background information to involving a third person who hasn

Hello Judy........I believe this deserves immediate attention. You and your sister should pray first then go to this man.........if he's not married. If he's married this situation needs to go before his wife. What about this?...............is your sister and him already involved with each other? If so......oops...it happens.........him and her need to take it before God and repent or get married.

Look......there needs to be more info for anyone on here to give you a right answer....so here are a few questions.

Is the man married?

Is your sister married?

Are they already involved with each other?

Is he the Pastor or a noobie to ministry?

Was it a one night stand?

For any of us to make a quick judgement would be wrong. :emot-crying:

to your questions

no they both not married

they are not invovled

he not a pastor

not a noobie

yes it was ONS

The Church has ALWAYS recognized that sexual sin is especially damaging to people. When people in Christian leadership positions fall into it, they bring serious spiritual damage to the lay people they have sex with, and HARM the whole Body of Christ. It is NOT as simple as 'he sinned, and she sinned too.' The Minister is ESPECIALLY culpable, as he is supposed to be an example and leader for the Body of Christ.

A 'quick and easy' "repentance" (wink wink) IS NOT ENOUGH! "Oh well, sorry Lord--man that girl was HOT! And hey, now that everything is ok between us, bless that special 'Spiritual Growth' seminar I'm preaching tomorrow...."

Another Traveler stated above that such an attitude is to have one's head 'in the sand.' I think that is a most charitable appraisal of where such a head is located!

You and this girl need to go to this man personally. If he will not take some time off Ministry for some VERY SERIOUS counsel, deliverance, and repentance, then go to the Elders of the Church. If he will not hear them, then they should 'let him be as a heathen man and a publican.

Well there are two head pastors and one of them is the guys mother and she knows and she is allowing her son to preach ......

Why is it people consider sexual sins to be "worse" than anything else anyway?

If a pastor slipped and and twisted his ankle and let out a curse, you would not say that he could not preach.

Are you serious?

Sexual sins are serious sins to God. They demonstrate betrayal of the worst kind. Spiritual leaders are not immune from temptation, but as leaders, they are held to a high standard as shepherds of the flock. God will deal with them severely if they cause anyone to stumble.

Sexual sin is indicative of a serious "heart" condition. Emergency help is indicated. Call for the spiritual medics STAT.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

The Church has ALWAYS recognized that sexual sin is especially damaging to people. When people in Christian leadership positions fall into it, they bring serious spiritual damage to the lay people they have sex with, and HARM the whole Body of Christ. It is NOT as simple as 'he sinned, and she sinned too.' The Minister is ESPECIALLY culpable, as he is supposed to be an example and leader for the Body of Christ.

A 'quick and easy' "repentance" (wink wink) IS NOT ENOUGH! "Oh well, sorry Lord--man that girl was HOT! And hey, now that everything is ok between us, bless that special 'Spiritual Growth' seminar I'm preaching tomorrow...."

Another Traveler stated above that such an attitude is to have one's head 'in the sand.' I think that is a most charitable appraisal of where such a head is located!

You and this girl need to go to this man personally. If he will not take some time off Ministry for some VERY SERIOUS counsel, deliverance, and repentance, then go to the Elders of the Church. If he will not hear them, then they should 'let him be as a heathen man and a publican.

Well there are two head pastors and one of them is the guys mother and she knows and she is allowing her son to preach ......

It's a 'Mother-Son' church? Confront her too. And by the way, GET OUT OF THERE!

Yes, get out of there! I don;t always advocate people leaving achurch for many reasons, but when a pastor has crossed the line into such a deep sin, revealing a serious spiritual lack, you need to get out and find a place where you wuill be fed by leaders who have scruples.

This church is a sinking ship, a corpse in the making, sick from the top and it will spread down to the people. Stand up for God's word and integrity and do the right thing, and then remove yourself from them.

As we are having a type of retreat for our church this weekend, and I am on the intercessory team there, I will be praying for yours as well.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Content Count:  469
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  09/21/1967

Blimey this is going the way I thought it would, talk about judging and sentencing without the facts. Anyone reading the end of this would think he has committed genocide and is involved in the occult. I also point out again that this is a serious allegation and could become libellous if more facts are made known about this persons identity.

Yes This man has committed a sin, sex outside of marriage, as adultery isn

The guy has committed a grievous sin, and he needs to step down from his role of authority. Simple, whether or not we know any further facts.