• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  129
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Thanks for the post, Shiloh. It sheds some light on all these

Guest shiloh357
I'm not so leagalistic that I have to worry about spelling god with a capital G.

No, you're just so legalistic that you slam a good article just because it doesn't happen to mention God. Your response is nothing but legalism. If someone doesn't frame their position the way YOU think they should, then they are ignorant, according to you.

Come back some time when you have something worthwhile to say.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.63

Shalom,

I found the OP article very interesting.

I just got back from Israel and our guide, a Palestinian Christian had quite a lot to say about the poor treatment of Arabs by Israelis. I was appalled at the twisting of the truth to put the Israelis in a bad light and place blame on them.

Guest shiloh357
Shalom,

I found the OP article very interesting.

I just got back from Israel and our guide, a Palestinian Christian had quite a lot to say about the poor treatment of Arabs by Israelis. I was appalled at the twisting of the truth to put the Israelis in a bad light and place blame on them.

Amen Vicki,

It is appalling. Israel has done more to help the Palestinians in year, than the entire Arab world has done in the last 60 years.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Arh! Now your talking something I can understand. So basically your saying that a world without god would still be screwed up.

:whistling: A world without God wouldn't be able to exist. (No God = no creation)

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I'm not so leagalistic that I have to worry about spelling god with a capital G. But my piont is this the middle east culture comes from there spiritaul roots so to blame there culture is superfical. for the real and deeper issue is the demonic forces at work behind the senes that creats the culture. the culture is created by the spirit not the other way around. So to leave the spiritaulality out shows a degree of ignorence. equated to (a world without God ). thats what this post comes down to, it's logic is based around human physicology. And as for david harris I can only hope that this post is part of something bigger so as to believe we have taken a little bit and got it out of context.

The context of the article is that there is a world-wide blame on Israel for all of the problems in the Mid-East. For instance, the existence of terrorism is blamed on Israel (that is, if Israel wasn't there, there wouldn't be a need for it.) The article is countering this notion that the existence of Israel is the only reason the Arab nations are in uproar and whatnot.

thats what this post comes down to, it's logic is based around human physicology.

That statement shows a lack of basic logic all by itself

Here is the gist of the article:

The sad truth is that it is precisely political oppression, intellectual suffocation and gender discrimination that explain, more than other factors, the chronic difficulties of the Middle East. To be sure, there exist no overnight or over-the-counter remedies for these maladies that would allow the region to unleash its vast potential, but they are at the heart of the problem.

and this sentence deserves to read alone:

It would be illusory to think otherwise.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  129
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Thanks for the post, Shiloh. It sheds some light on all these