IGNORED

Define Submission

Guest Biblicist
It is not how you say it but what you say and to whom you say it too.

This ties in with my point about "One mind". We, as Believers, know these things already. What non-believers "hear" is the audible sounds our voices make when we speak, with very little concern for the words/context/meanings(hidden or visible, from the one speaking it or not) attached.

So you are saying that no matter what we say to a non-believer they will not hear what we want them to? Maybe you should consider then that all your words, to your husband, and about him, should come from God.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

It is not how you say it but what you say and to whom you say it too.

This ties in with my point about "One mind". We, as Believers, know these things already. What non-believers "hear" is the audible sounds our voices make when we speak, with very little concern for the words/context/meanings(hidden or visible, from the one speaking it or not) attached.

So you are saying that no matter what we say to a non-believer they will not hear what we want them to? Maybe you should consider then that all your words, to your husband, and about him, should come from God.

I can say, with the faith God gave me, I do.

We are, however, all human, after all.

All of us.

Stuck on this planet and just doing our best with what God gave us.

God offers His help. It's up to us to take it. His will is going to come to pass, whether we take His help or not.

The things we do and say define the things He has to say to us one day when we all bow at His feet one day.

I'm doing my best and accepting all the help God is offering me.

All this also ties in with this point.

Edited by None

Guest Biblicist

How does submission to your spouse tie in with Post Traumatic Stress Dissorder? :noidea:

I really don't see how the two are related unless one of you suffers from PTSD. In which case it's again a deeper need than just outward actions.

Which ties in, again, with "details".

I'm sorry and, no, I cannot give these "fine" details.

Guest Biblicist

I would say, then, that this ties in with asking for advise on a PUBLIC discussion board. If you were speaking to a trusted advisor in PRIVATE you would be able to share more details and then you would get better, and more "detailed" advise. As it stands, how can anyone here help you, or offer you advise without the whole picture. God bless you as you search for someone with whom you can speak to personally about the situations in your relationship with God, your husband and your children.

You could try here, I trust these counselors and recommend them to everyone. Nouthetic Councelors

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  146
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,308
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

Your husband gave you permission to do something greatly displeasing to God by dishonoring and slandering him on a public board, so why is that OK, but it is not OK for your husband to give you permission to teach your kids about the tooth fairy etc.? I see a double standard here. Look up slander in the concordance and you will find a wealth of verses that speak against this. Also:

Proverbs 14

1 The wise woman builds her house,

but with her own hands the foolish one tears hers down.

Proverbs 31:11-12

11 Her husband has full confidence in her

and lacks nothing of value.

12 She brings him good, not harm,

all the days of her life.

Titus 2:3-5

3Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. 4Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, 5to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God.

1 Corinthians 13:4-6

4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.

Guest Biblicist
Your husband gave you permission to do something greatly displeasing to God by dishonoring and slander him on a public board, so why is that OK, but it is not OK for your husband to give you permission to teach your kids about the tooth fairy etc.? I see a double standard here. Look up slander in the concordance and you will find a wealth of verses that speak against this. Also:

Proverbs 14

1 The wise woman builds her house,

but with her own hands the foolish one tears hers down.

Proverbs 31:11-12

11 Her husband has full confidence in her

and lacks nothing of value.

12 She brings him good, not harm,

all the days of her life.

Titus 2:3-5

3Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. 4Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, 5to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God.

1 Corinthians 13:4-6

4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.

:24:

• Topic Count:  146
  • Content Count:  2,308
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

Also....

Proverbs 12:4

4 A wife of noble character is her husband's crown,

but a disgraceful wife is like decay in his bones.

and...

Ephesians 4:29-32

29Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. 30And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 31Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. 32Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

You're going to read what you want to read, dispite how many, many times I respond here.

I'm "calling it a day". What needed to be said has been said.

By the way, I do not need a counsiler, I have God. Thank you.

edit:

As you throw your accusations at me, keep in mind this- I never, not once, identified myself or my husband.

Edited by None

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.63

Shalom None,

Consider your words here, where you admitted this was simply you complaining and grumbling. I think this was the only time you actually saw the problem is in you, and your refusal to submit to your husband as G-d commands.

Please consider that as a wife, it is G-d's will that you humble yourself and submit to the authority G-d has set up for you in your home. You do not have Biblical permission to control your husband or your household.

I know that it is hard in such an instant as this. However, the key to it all is that you remain Holy. Don't talk it to him

just live it before him because believe it or not, he's watching you closely and if there is anything that appears to be

contrary to the word of God he will capitalize on it and not take serving the Lord seriously. Yes, you know that the things that he choses to view are not appropriate- he's not spiritually aware yet. Stop trying to change him because you can't. You just live by the word and continually pray that God deliver him as he did you. Right now, believe it or not its not about him not being saved. God is going to deliver him in time, but there are some things he wants in you first. If you are not in submission to your husband, you are sinning only against God because he told us to do so. However, if you are trusting in His Holy Word and your husband is literally abusing his authority then you still have no worries because God truly does take care of his own.

I complain way too much. He's really not that bad and I can deal. I've seen a lot worse spiritual warfare out there and this, compared to some of the oppressions I can see, is petty. I hadn't read the 2 books of Peter lately and, for God's reasons, they excaped my mind on this one. They held the answers I was looking for and your post gave me encouragement. Thank you for that.