IGNORED

Why Can't Men Believe what the Scriptures Say?

HAZARD

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

:24: How about lets back up a few verses and address the whole of what Paul was trying to say.

8 I want men everywhere to lift up holy hands in prayer, without anger or disputing.

9 I also want women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or expensive clothes, 10 but with good deeds, appropriate for women who profess to worship God.

11 A woman shouldlearn in quietness and full submission. 12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent.

This is obviously a gathering experince Paul is referring to.

So men according to vs 8 you should be lifting HOLY hands in prayer.. w/o anger or disputing..

Do I hear any AMENS!!

According to vs 9 there is no need to wear expensive clothes or over do the hair...

how many we have here fall in this catagory???

According to vs 11 the learning of the woman should be done in quietness.. Don't overthrow what is being taught. I guess she was unable to shout out her opinion in the middle of service.. :24: ...

Usurping authority. If I come out from my denominations held positions and teach doctrine contrary to what held as fundamental truths, then I am treading on dangerous ground...

Untill then I am accountable(responsible) to teach what I have been taught by men...

I Just would like each to evaluate the whole of the scripture and take into consideration the cultural context of the times.

These people were your un churched folks. I am sure they were a little heathen :24: and without any manners.. (seen any of those lately??) Trying to get them through the BASIC teachings required some strict guidelines. After the LEARNING process has been accomplished then those who are called move into the area of calling... teachers, pastors, evangelists, prophet...etc.

Amen, sister!!

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

:24: How about lets back up a few verses and address the whole of what Paul was trying to say.

8 I want men everywhere to lift up holy hands in prayer, without anger or disputing.

9 I also want women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or expensive clothes, 10 but with good deeds, appropriate for women who profess to worship God.

11 A woman shouldlearn in quietness and full submission. 12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent.

So men according to vs 8 you should be lifting HOLY hands in prayer.. w/o anger or disputing..

Do I hear any AMENS!!

According to vs 9 there is no need to wear expensive clothes or over do the hair...

According to vs 11 the learning of the woman should be done in quietness.. Don't overthrow what is being taught. I guess she was unable to shout out her opinion in the middle of service.. :24: ...

Usurping authority. If I come out from my denominations held positions and teach doctrine contrary to what held as fundamental truths, then I am treading on dangerous ground...

Untill then I am accountable(responsible) to teach what I have been taught by men...

I Just would like each to evaluate the whole of the scripture and take into consideration the cultural context of the times.

These people were your un churched folks. I am sure they were a little heathen :emot-hug: and without any manners.. (seen any of those lately??) Trying to get them through the BASIC teachings required some strict guidelines. After the LEARNING process has been accomplished then those who are called move into the area of calling... teachers, pastors, evangelists, prophet...etc.

So you negate scripture because of culture. :24: Where do you stop then????

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  662
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/01/1960

Do I hear any AMENS!!

These people were your un churched folks. I am sure they were a little heathen :emot-hug: and without any manners.. (seen any of those lately??) Trying to get them through the BASIC teachings required some strict guidelines. After the LEARNING process has been accomplished then those who are called move into the area of calling... teachers, pastors, evangelists, prophet...etc.

Not negating scripture..

• Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Do I hear any AMENS!!

There is no negation of any scripture. You cannot build a doctrine surrounding one or two verses. The whole Word of God just doesn't support it!

• Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

These people were your un churched folks. I am sure they were a little heathen :24: and without any manners.. (seen any of those lately??) Trying to get them through the BASIC teachings required some strict guidelines. After the LEARNING process has been accomplished then those who are called move into the area of calling... teachers, pastors, evangelists, prophet...etc.

That's all conjecture. Where is the Scriptural support for the argument that the intent was to eventually train women to teach?

• Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

That's all conjecture. Where is the Scriptural support for the argument that the intent was to eventually train women to teach?

You can't build sound doctrine around a few scriptures that are against it, but evidently you can build it around none.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  662
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  02/01/1960

Isn't that the whole point of coming into the body of Christ.

GO INTO ALL THE WORLD...??? teaching and making disciples.

Sound familiar?

Do I hear any AMENS!!

There is no negation of any scripture. You cannot build a doctrine surrounding one or two verses. The whole Word of God just doesn't support it!

So then the "one or two verses" should be ignored because of the other "many verses" which seemingly support another man-made doctrine?

Isn't that the whole point of coming into the body of Christ.

GO INTO ALL THE WORLD...??? teaching and making disciples.

Sound familiar?

"Go therefore and disciple all the nations, baptizing them into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit

Teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you all the days until the consummation of the age." (Matt. 28:19-20)

The kind of teaching the Lord is talking about here is with regard to the gospel. It has nothing to do with the teaching of the orthodox doctrines of the Christian faith to a body of believers in a church locality.

Context.

Okay, now I've deleted your post, Karen C.

As long as you continue to post things from other sites without the proper reference, your posts will be deleted. We have a firm policy against plagiarism.