IGNORED

946 Billionaires in the World

And children still hunger and live in poverty.

What does that have to do with billionaires?

Alot, I believe.

As a billionaire, it would be a great opportunity to put back money into something worthy, like starvation and helping others (children). Sure many billionaires give to charities - fantastic. Would a few more dollars need to be put forward to help matters? Absolutely.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

With most of the better known charities, very little of the money goes to its cause. If I ever came into a lot of money, I would give it directly to the needy. No overhead.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Alot, I believe.

As a billionaire, it would be a great opportunity to put back money into something worthy, like starvation and helping others (children). Sure many billionaires give to charities - fantastic. Would a few more dollars need to be put forward to help matters? Abs

olutely.

As a percentage of income, the wealthy give more to charities than average folk do. It is a misconception that the wealthy are also tightwads. But why are the wealthy obligated to do more than anyone else?

• Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

Alot, I believe.

As a billionaire, it would be a great opportunity to put back money into something worthy, like starvation and helping others (children). Sure many billionaires give to charities - fantastic. Would a few more dollars need to be put forward to help matters? Abs

olutely.

As a percentage of income, the wealthy give more to charities than average folk do. It is a misconception that the wealthy are also tightwads. But why are the wealthy obligated to do more than anyone else?

:b:

I believe that God has instilled in us as humans, compassion for others, especially when it comes to children and a basic necessity such as food.

After all we all were children once and we all need food, but whether people who are more fortunate financially want to act on this emotion of compassion depends on the individual. Alot of people WANT to help but financially cannot.

• Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

Alot, I believe.

olutely.

To whom much is given, much is expected. :thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

Matthew 6

24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.

or

24 No man is able to be a servant to two masters: for he will have hate for the one and love for the other, or he will keep to one and have no respect for the other. You may not be servants of God and of wealth.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,013
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

Alot, I believe.

olutely.

maybe because they can afford to.

Matthew 6

24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.

or

24 No man is able to be a servant to two masters: for he will have hate for the one and love for the other, or he will keep to one and have no respect for the other. You may not be servants of God and of wealth.

You are assuming that just because one is wealthy, they are serving money. This does not have to be the case, at all. In fact, wealthy people make their money serve them. I have found in my own limited experience that the tighter I held on to money the harder it was to acquire more, but the more I let go of it, mentally and in actuality, the more I would make.

Alot, I believe.

olutely.

To whom much is given, much is expected. :laugh:

That verse, the climax of a parable, is Luke 12:48 and has nothing whatsoever to do with money.