• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1964

It depends on which laws you are talking about, NT laws or OT laws. There is a difference.

I was just wondering the other day, why don't women wear head coverings in church anymore. I knew a girl who wore hats to church every Sunday. She looked like an older lady but it was her trademark. I don't know if she still wears them. But that also goes along with a woman cutting their hair. The Bible says, in more than one place that a woman's hair is her crown and glory.

1 Corinthians 11:5-7 5 And every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.63

Yeah, why is this ignored?

Perhaps someone can enlighten me.

Shalom,

Because most Christians dismiss it by saying it was only a "cultural" thing, not a Biblical command.

There are some denominations and sects that mandate that their women have long hair and wear a head covering all the time.

Edited by Vickilynn

• Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

I realize that you are new here,vickilynn, but shortening peoples logon names has never been used as an insult here.

But you automatically saw it that way and went on the defense.

Instead of addressing the subject of the thread, you chose to address my ommission of part of your name.

Well, it saves time if I dont have to go back and check the spelling and capitalizations of everyones names.

Your first post was rude but I let it pass.

You could have let the name thing pass too, but you made an issue out of it.

I try to be courteous at all times but it is hard to know what will offend some and not others.

Those who know me here on the boards, know that I do not intentionally offend anyone.

If you dont want to discuss anything with me, that is your decision.

See ya.

For example;

tithing

drinking alcohol

sabbath worship

tattoos

dietary laws

circumcise

cutting hair

trimming beards

make up

jewelry

women wearing pants

forgiving debts after 7 years

the list of laws go on and on....

Shalom,

Let's see the list and go over each one and examine it's context as was suggested before.

Some of these are not actual "laws."

It depends on which laws you are talking about, NT laws or OT laws. There is a difference.

I was just wondering the other day, why don't women wear head coverings in church anymore. I knew a girl who wore hats to church every Sunday. She looked like an older lady but it was her trademark. I don't know if she still wears them. But that also goes along with a woman cutting their hair. The Bible says, in more than one place that a woman's hair is her crown and glory.

1 Corinthians 11:5-7 5 And every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head

Guest shiloh357
Gal 3:1You foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? Before your very eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed as crucified. 2I would like to learn just one thing from you: Did you receive the Spirit by observing the law, or by believing what you heard? 3Are you so foolish? After beginning with the Spirit, are you now trying to attain your goal by human effort? 4Have you suffered so much for nothing

I realize that you are new here,vickilynn, but shortening peoples logon names has never been used as an insult here.

Instead of addressing the subject of the thread, you chose to address my ommission of part of your name.

Well, it saves time if I dont have to go back and check the spelling and capitalizations of everyones names.

I try to be courteous at all times but it is hard to know what will offend some and not others.

Those who know me here on the boards, know that I do not intentionally offend anyone.

See ya.

Shalom,

Yup see ya is right.

Let me set some things straight though, because you have it all wrong.

#1. I never said I was insulted, offended, nor did I go on the defensive. These are false assumptions. You assumed wrongly about what I said and everything else. I offered to clarify.

#2. It is common courtesy on ANY board to address someone by their name. And simply indicating that my name is not "Vic" did not state I was insulted or defensive. And anyone who had a shred of common courtesy would simply address me as Vickilynn and not make an issue out of it. I try to do the same to everyone because I've been asked before not to shorten people's names. You could have simply responded graciously if that is your norm, instead of using a whole post to make personal attacks and false assumptions.

#3. I already apologized for my post that I was told was rude. I'm sorry that wasn't good enough, but it's the best I can do.

#4. I have addressed the topic of the thread, several times with valid responses. You are the one who's made it a personal issue.

Addios.

Edited by Vickilynn

Ok,

tithing.

OT law-but current day Christians only follow PART of that law.

They give 10% to the church.

Where is the festival tithe?

Where is the poor tithe?

Where is the tithe for the levites ?

So when your dog has puppies do you give one of the ten puppies to the church?

Where is the tithe of your flocks and fields?

1 Cor 11:13Judge in yourselves: is it comely that a woman pray unto God uncovered?

14Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?

15But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.

16But if any man seem to be contentious, we have no such custom, neither the churches of God.

Let's get that right!!!!!!!!!

But it's still a shame for a man to have long hair. There may be no such custom but the fact still remains that it is a shame.

The same thing goes for women with short hair.

If it was not important, Paul never would have mentioned it.

Men who have long hair and women who have short hair dishonor their head.

The head of woman is man, the head of man is Christ, and the head of Christ is the Father.

I used to have long hair....I don't anymore.

Is there anyone else that you can think of that didn't have long hair?

See ya.

Shalom,

Yup see ya is right.

Let me set some things straight though, because you have it all wrong.

#1. I never said I was insulted, nor did I go on the defensive. These are false assumptions. You assumed wrongly about what I said and everything else. I offered to clarify.

#2. It is common courtesy on ANY board to address someone by their name. And simply indicating that my name is not "Vic" did not state I was insulted or defensive. And anyone who had a shred of common courtesy would simply address me as Vickilynn and not make an issue out of it. I try to do the same to everyone because I've been asked before not to shorted people's names.

#2. I already apologized for my post that I was told was rude. I'm sorry that wasn't good enough, but it's the best I can do.

#3. I have addressed the topic of the thread.

Addios.

I wasnt being rude, I was being direct.