a up stairs problem

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

ok right now i live in apartments and the poeple above me are so loud the play there music and there praying group comes ever other night yes it is christian music but still just to loud mostly when they pray what do i do call the cops for some one being godly or just go up stairs and yell at them for haveing a relastin ship with god i dont no what to do or realy why it upsets me so much please help thanks :emot-hug:

Guest LadyC

city ordinances everywhere have a 10 pm noise curfew. since they are christians, speaking to them privately would probably be the best bet... don't yell, just go up and ask them to turn it down.

and then, like iamyourslord said, if you have to call the police, do so without guilt. they are breaking the law.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Moved from the Welcome Forum to the Looking for Advise Forum

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  113
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/28/1952

ok right now i live in apartments and the poeple above me are so loud the play there music and there praying group comes ever other night yes it is christian music but still just to loud mostly when they pray what do i do call the cops for some one being godly or just go up stairs and yell at them for haveing a relastin ship with god i dont no what to do or realy why it upsets me so much please help thanks :emot-handshake:

Oh My Gosh,

Dear, I would have to question someone's "beliefs" if they don't even take a moment to consider that they 1) are inconveniencing others in the first place! That's another reason we have "churches." To bring control to an environment, that we don't inconvenience and are considerate to others. My take on the secular world, no matter how spiritual people think they are, is if you are not considering those around you, I won't hesitate to take measures to another level, after first addressing them personally. If you are able to talk with them personally, you may want to remind them of their "inconsiderate" acts. My guess is, they not the "considerate" type , that they can't even see that they are disburbing others. Do what you have to do to have peace in your own house. Most city ordinances have a "noice level" that they allow combined with a "time" allowance," depending on what time of day and where, or the circumstances before the make allowances. And some cities require permits for these type of gatherings, believe it or not! I was a "landlord" for some time, and I wouldn't hesitate to "quiet" someone or their music if others called on them!

Blessings

Cajunboy

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  469
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  09/21/1967

Hmmm so lets get this right, you are a Christian, these people upstairs are Christians. Satan would like nothing more to see Christians being hostile towards each other or hold grudges against each other as this causes discord within the global body of Christ. These feelings of anger and animosity is from Satan and needs to be stopped.

These people may not even know they are being a nuisance. Go and talk to them and say how great it is that there are Christians like yourself living in the building, then ask them NICELY if they realized how much the sound comes through your ceiling, get them to put the music on and ask them to come down into your place to hear what it sounds like.

You never know you may get on really well with them, maybe even join them for an evening when they can play a bit louder, as long as there are not any other neighbours who will be likely to suffer!

At end of day you shouldn

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  10/18/1982

Yes talking to them seems to be the best way....... u can even join them when u get free! :24:

• Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

I concur...for one they might not even know how well other people can hear their music. First and foremost: pray for them,a nd pray that God would give you an understanding and humble heart with regards to these brothers. Talk to them calmly (yeling at them is NOT a good idea) and in love. If they don't listen after you've tried a couple times, talk to the building manager. If they still don't calm down, THEN call the police (but only if it's going on after, say, midnight or so).

If none of these work...buy them some wicked wireless headphones for Christmas *grin*

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  128
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  06/03/1975

Prayer is always the first step we should take. :whistling:

second

Join them

you might just have the time of your life and decide to join them everytime they get together

then it wouldn't be a nuciance but a really great time. :emot-highfive:

and it would break the ice if you tell them,

If I'm going to have to listen to your music I'm going to have to join you because frankly from down their it's loud enough to be annoying and I much rather have fun than to be annoyed. Thank you very much. ;)

Of course use your own words :o

I understand this is a serious problem for you so if talking and joining doesn't work for your situation the only other I can suggest is having a talk with the apt manager or owner. of course if that doesn't work call the police. :)

Love to all :wub:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  880
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

Unless someone has tolerated the noise of neighbors he just does not know how terribly invading it can be. BY ALL MEANS, go and talk to them and then do what is necessary afterwards if they do not listen.............And of course take your concerns to the LORD and ask him for his help in the matter.

• Topic Count:  1,706
  • Topics Per Day:  0.26
  • Content Count:  3,386
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Birthday:  12/10/1955

"If you can't beat 'em, join 'em"!

Seriously though, the best approach is to have a rational talk with them. It is unlikely that they will be rude about it and insist on continuing making too much noise.