• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

I hate to sound like a broken record, but she still apparently needs time to figure this out. You will never be able to force her to understand. God is SO powerful, though, He can do anything. He can make her see. Keep praying.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  192
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  05/16/1992

so basically, it hasn't gotten better. in fact, it's all gotten worse. for starter they HAVE had sex (which i'd already know about) but like, she had said she really regretted it and would do it again, but now i've found out that they've done it A LOT in the last couple months. and she goes to class crying EVERY DAY. and he's convinced her that she deserves to be treated the way he treats her and that it's ok.

my friend kimmie and i were talking about it last night i just started bawling. so my sisters came in to talk to me and we've come up with a plan.

you see, my sister jessie's best friend, lyndsey, wen through a relaitonship exactly like kelly's a year or 2 ago. only she let it go further and she knows that it gets way worse. so she takes it really seriously and tries to help whoever she can in these situations. so we called her and she's gonna have a talk with kelly. we're thinkng that talking to someone who's actually been through it will be more helpful than talking to friends that have had nothing but good relationships. but, if it does no good, or kelly refuses to tlak to her, i'm calling kelly's mom and telling her.

how does that sound???

• Topic Count:  95
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

have you told your mom? or some older person that you are close to?

have you told your mom? or some older person that you are close to?

my mom knows some of the situation but not all of it, but if i tell my mom, she'll tell kelly's mom which i wanna avoid until i see what comes of lyndsey's talk with her.

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  539
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,790
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  223
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

excellent plan ;) will be praying for you all :emot-hug:

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  211
  • Birthday:  09/14/2006

so basically, it hasn't gotten better. in fact, it's all gotten worse. for starter they HAVE had sex (which i'd already know about) but like, she had said she really regretted it and would do it again, but now i've found out that they've done it A LOT in the last couple months. and she goes to class crying EVERY DAY. and he's convinced her that she deserves to be treated the way he treats her and that it's ok.

my friend kimmie and i were talking about it last night i just started bawling. so my sisters came in to talk to me and we've come up with a plan.

you see, my sister jessie's best friend, lyndsey, wen through a relaitonship exactly like kelly's a year or 2 ago. only she let it go further and she knows that it gets way worse. so she takes it really seriously and tries to help whoever she can in these situations. so we called her and she's gonna have a talk with kelly. we're thinkng that talking to someone who's actually been through it will be more helpful than talking to friends that have had nothing but good relationships. but, if it does no good, or kelly refuses to tlak to her, i'm calling kelly's mom and telling her.

how does that sound???

Good plan!! I'll be praying.

how does that sound???

Good plan!! I'll be praying.

lyndsey backed out. she says that since she's been through it she knows how annoying it is for people to butt in. and then travis did something else and i messaged him about it. and now kelly's mad at me. i'm like totally crying right now. she's mad at me for sticking up for her. sure, i said some rude things to him, but he said rude things back, and she's mad at just me. she's not mad at him for being rude to her best friend. seriously i don't get it. if i were dating a guy and he was mena to kelly, i'd dump him on the spot. this is all just horrible and i don't know how much more i can take. and i pray about this EVERY NIGHT and it's just getting worse and worse. and i don't know what to do! :P

• Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Honey, there isn't a whole lot you can do in this situation except wait for the inevitable crash and be there to catch her. She is not going to listen to you or anybody else. All of this trying to help is only driving her further into his clutches. Nothing makes anything more appealing than being told you can't have it, or it isn't good for you, for some people. If you still plan on trying to be her friend, refuse to let her tell you what "he" has done, don't listen and if she does slide something through refuse to comment on it. She wants you to take up for her when she's angry or upset with him, and when she's not she blames you for holding a grudge against him for the things she's told you, so refuse to participate.

Explain SHE is your friend and you'll be her friend in any way that doesn't involve him. And stick to it. That way when things really do implode, you are no longer "kinda" the enemy waiting with and "I told you so", and it will make it easier for her to turn to you for help.

:P

Honey, there isn't a whole lot you can do in this situation except wait for the inevitable crash and be there to catch her. She is not going to listen to you or anybody else. All of this trying to help is only driving her further into his clutches. Nothing makes anything more appealing than being told you can't have it, or it isn't good for you, for some people. If you still plan on trying to be her friend, refuse to let her tell you what "he" has done, don't listen and if she does slide something through refuse to comment on it. She wants you to take up for her when she's angry or upset with him, and when she's not she blames you for holding a grudge against him for the things she's told you, so refuse to participate.

Explain SHE is your friend and you'll be her friend in any way that doesn't involve him. And stick to it. That way when things really do implode, you are no longer "kinda" the enemy waiting with and "I told you so", and it will make it easier for her to turn to you for help.

:24:

so i found out that the reason she gets mad at me for sticking up for her is because when i do he takes it out on her. like, since i'm HER friend it must be HER fault. and apparently she says she'll break up with him by summer vacation because she's tired of dealing with all this, but i'm just like, why drag it out? why say she'll break up with him by a certain time instead of doing it now? and i don't really beleive it anyways because i've lost count of how many times she's said she'd dump him but hasn't. ughhhhh this is annoying. i'm trying what you say.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  211
  • Birthday:  09/14/2006

:21:

so i found out that the reason she gets mad at me for sticking up for her is because when i do he takes it out on her. like, since i'm HER friend it must be HER fault. and apparently she says she'll break up with him by summer vacation because she's tired of dealing with all this, but i'm just like, why drag it out? why say she'll break up with him by a certain time instead of doing it now? and i don't really beleive it anyways because i've lost count of how many times she's said she'd dump him but hasn't. ughhhhh this is annoying. i'm trying what you say.

:b::):emot-hug: