Pls Advice, need help

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  970
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

My husband came from Church of Christ. They strongly believe "repent and be baptized". I am surprised that they have not already baptized him. They also believe in full immersion. If your friend was baptized earlier with just a sprinkling, they would recommend full immersion for salvation, not for membership.

Even though we no longer go to the Church of Christ that my husband had attended for the last 10 years, he still is holding on to some of the beliefs of Church of Christ.

When I met my in-laws who have been Church of Christ for longer than my parents have been around, they seemed very pleasant and loveable people. I had wondered if they really came from Church of Christ. The only information of Church of Christ that I have is from my husband's church. His church, the people that attend have many issues and is having a very hard time staying a congregation. One of my co workers attends this same congregation. He has stated that the Church of Christ is the only true church. He believes that since I do not attend their church, I am going straight to hell. I don't agree, and we don't argue about it at work. I have read and studied in particular 1st Corinthians. This particular congregation makes me feel that they are the same church as in Corinth in which Paul's letter written to them. This congregation has all the disputes and arguments that the church in Corinth was having.

My husband has reassured me that the matters of this congregation are for the most part just in this congregation. He stated his parents church is nothing like this one. He also stated that we ought to try another congregation in another town that is growing instead of nit-picking each other to death.

Max Lucado also comes from the Church of Christ. However my husband and his parents feel that Mr. Lucado is rather liberal and will not follow his teachings.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

The Church of Christ is an odd organization with cultic leanings. They believe they are the ONLY true Church, so all baptisms outside their organization are invalid.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  10/18/1982

I like all the advices and replies, my fren said he like the prayer meetings they have, how do i talk abt this topic (the church )with him

I suppose you could ask him what he knows about their beliefs. I dont know if he is interested in attending a service with you at your church or not. But you can try to invite him to a service at the church you attend.

One of the very discouraging things about my husband's church I found was the belittling of women. Women are not allowed to speak in the sancturary, nor teach Bible class. One comment I want to make is that my husband has said over and over that this particular congregation is unique compared to other Church of Christ congregations around the country. I have not been in any other Church of Christ congregation to have a comparison.

I have few frens in this church as well, i like being a visitor however being a member is a different matter ( from what they said ), the fren i talked about (Fred) is in a different city. He is being bought up in an Evangelical church and his mom passed away recently , now he is much closer with our Lord in his journey, but a bit apprehensive how he would take it. I'll talk to him today, pls remember him in ur prayers to make the right decision. After all what will matter to him is what he think is right

:thumbsup: For you and your friend.

thanks everyone .... Praise God, Fred finally decided not to go ahead with the baptism in Church of Christ. With God's help and all ur prayers... God has help him made the decision. Thanks go much