• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  145
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/23/1973

I am certain you'll be ok. Just ask for some Nitrous Oxide(Laughing Gas) before they put an IV in. It'll make you feel really relaxed and kind of drunk. You won't even notice that anything is going on. Chances you'll drift off to sleep like you're floating on a cloud. Then just do what the Dentist tells you to do in terms of rinsing and food intake. You'll be on Yogurt for a time. Than you'll be fine.

If you have to go to a hospital for the extraction.....just don't look as the Nurse puts the IV in. And the drugs will make you a bit goofy.

THe bark if this particular dog is much worse than the bite. You'll be fine and GOD will look after you.

I am PM'ing you something too.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  233
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  10/04/1990

Thanks everyone your words are really encouraging....I'm still terrified so I hope they put me under for it, they may not be able to get near my mouth unless. Thursday is getting closer and I'm becoming more nervous about it, but I have lacrosse practice afterschool tomorrow so whipping the ball down the football feild should help with some of my jitters.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

Thanks everyone your words are really encouraging....I'm still terrified so I hope they put me under for it, they may not be able to get near my mouth unless. Thursday is getting closer and I'm becoming more nervous about it, but I have lacrosse practice afterschool tomorrow so whipping the ball down the football feild should help with some of my jitters.

Tell your dentist about your fears. He might end up referring you to an Oral Surgeon to get it done, but either way talk to him about sedation dentistry, so they'll put you to sleep while they do it. The dentist will be able to explain the whole process very well to you and help put you at ease.

Remember that it's a very common procedure--they do dozens every day--so you'll be in very good, experienced hands. You're also not likely to see too much blood (if any) and they'll freeze you up good (make sure you tell them if the freezing isn't working, so you don't go through what Ghostdog did) so there won't be much pain (if any).

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  145
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  07/23/1973

Thursday has come. I am praying for you. Let us know how everything went, ok?

Thursday has come. I am praying for you. Let us know how everything went, ok?

I will let you know what's happening once I get back from the dentist. My appointment is at 3:40pm today so eeeeeee I'm getting really nervous but I know that today they won't be doing anything to them today so it makes it a little less scarey to go today. I'm just worried about what they will say. I'm probably just over-reacting :21: .

-Morgan

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

I will let you know what's happening once I get back from the dentist. My appointment is at 3:40pm today so eeeeeee I'm getting really nervous but I know that today they won't be doing anything to them today so it makes it a little less scarey to go today. I'm just worried about what they will say. I'm probably just over-reacting :21: .

-Morgan

Ask your dentist, too. I'm sure he can ease your fears.

Okay well I can breathe a sigh of relif for now at least, the dentist appt. is over and nothing went horribly wrong. :24: Apparently I grind my teeth when I sleep so that in combination with my 3 (yes 3 not 4 like my first dentist said I had) wisdom teeth coming in is causing me the large amount of pain. So I have to wait until April 18, when my consult with the oral surgeon is set - not looking forward to waiting that long :emot-highfive: but at least it is an appointment......I'm not worried about it right now but closer to the date I will probably start freaking out again. Oh and because I grind my teeth at night I'm going to have to wear a nightguard so I don't wreak my teeth....uhhh anyways here's to pain and worry.

-Morgan (not all the impressed right now :24: )

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

I grind my teeth at night too. You'll get used to the nightguard eventually, though for the first couple of nights it might feel weird. You might be doing it because of stress, so try to de-stress somehow at the end of the day...have a bath, do devotions, that kind of thing. It really helps.

• Topic Count:  77
  • Content Count:  248
  • Birthday:  01/05/1946

Sometimes you can be put to sleep and have them pulled that way.

Liz

• Topic Count:  77
  • Content Count:  248
  • Birthday:  01/05/1946

Sometimes you can be put to sleep and have them pulled that way.

Liz