• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

That is a false assumption and an insult to anyone who has ever gotten sick in church. For example, our organist, a wonderful man of God, who had a stroke while playing the organ during service many years ago.

Or how about an elderly man/woman who has a heart attack and dies? Maybe it was a blessing for them to die during worship.

That is NOT what I was referring to!

It seems like a deliberate misunderstanding on your part Fiosh. You must see the difference in someone who just happens to stroke out during a church service and someone who would come to harm because of worship!

It is one thing to become sick and another to pronounce an adverse response by talking negative about church worship...THAT IS CALLED CURSING. Speaking negatively can bring it about---fear speaks loudly. The devil hears it and he considers that an invitation.

No, it is not a "deliberate misunderstanding". You said:

"The Holy Spirit would make sure they would be alright, and safe in the Lord's House"

and

"When we are believers we have the Lord's protection on us"

and

"With the anointing will come no harm!"

None of that is Biblical.

To disagree with your understanding of "anointing" and the protection you believe it affords a believer is not "cursing".

To disagree with you, fa, is not an invitation to the devil........it is simply disagreeing with you.

Peace,

Fiosh

:wub:

It is all biblical. Read it.

Whatever happened to the good confession of faith? Did it fall by the wayside in this thread topic? Read Paul's first letter to Timothy, chapter 6.

Once again you misread me. I couldn't care less if you disagree with me. It's the truth of God's Word and His evidences in one's life that you deny in this instance.

Nope. I quoted you directly and I disagree with YOU. God is right.

You are misinterpreting Scripture.

I hardly ever misinterpret the Word.

Apparently you do.

No I do not. Please stop being personal, Fiosh.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

We have taken this thread way off topic. But since we are already here....

To clarify---I understand you to say that a believer can come to no harm while worshiping in the house of God.

Is that what you are saying, fa? If not, please explain those statements I quoted.

To clarify---I understand you to say that a believer can come to no harm while worshiping in the house of God.

Is that what you are saying, fa? If not, please explain those statements I quoted.

I do believe that if one believes they will come to harm because someone spoke negatively and cursed the use of lights or sound volumes, saying that they could have a seizure or something wild like that, they certainly could come to harm. But as Spirit-filled believers, we speak positively, out of the abundance of the heart good confessions of faith because we are full of Christ! We should not come to any harm for worshiping!

The words on this thread calling down harm on those who would embrace technical tools used in the worship of God Almighty were curses, not unlike the curse of Michal upon David's exuberant worship. If God blesses the worship of such a one, it is in spite of that attitude and probably due to the careful preparation of others' hearts.

1 Timothy 6:3-5...

If anyone teaches otherwise and does not consent to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which accords with godliness, he is proud, knowing nothing, but is obsessed with disputes and arguments over words, from which come envy, strife, reviling, evil suspicions, useless wranglings of men of corrupt minds and destitute of the truth, who suppose that godliness is a means of gain. From such withdraw yourself.

I do believe that if one believes they will come to harm because someone spoke negatively and cursed the use of lights or sound volumes, saying that they could have a seizure or something wild like that, they certainly could come to harm.

So, if I tell you that my friend has epilepsy and could have a seizure as a result of strobe lights, I'm "calling down a curse" on your worship and causing my friend to have a seizure if you use strobe lights?

I do believe that if one believes they will come to harm because someone spoke negatively and cursed the use of lights or sound volumes, saying that they could have a seizure or something wild like that, they certainly could come to harm.

So, if I tell you that my friend has epilepsy and could have a seizure as a result of strobe lights, I'm "calling down a curse" on your worship and causing my friend to have a seizure if you use strobe lights?

It doesn't curse our worship, but it certainly leaves your friend wide open to an attack. Why not speak a good confession of faith to her? It's like saying, "I was just working with someone with a cold..I just know I am going to get it!"--That is cursing yourself, and you leave yourself wide open to whatever you have just confessed.

It doesn't curse our worship, but it certainly leaves your friend wide open to an attack. Why not speak a good confession of faith to her? It's like saying, "I was just working with someone with a cold..I just know I am going to get it!"--That is cursing yourself, and you leave yourself wide open to whatever you have just confessed.

And that is exactly what I contend is anti-Biblical. It is superstition, commonly called "magical thinking".

To posit that making a statement of what you think may happen will actuallly cause it to happen, is , well----silly.

You give the devil waaaaaaaaaaaay too much credit, fa.

Nite, nite.

F

And that is exactly what I contend is anti-Biblical. It is superstition, commonly called "magical thinking".

To posit that making a statement of what you think may happen will actuallly cause it to happen, is , well----silly.

You give the devil waaaaaaaaaaaay too much credit, fa.

Nite, nite.

F

Hardly. Not silly, but true. In fact, it is against superstition.

I know the enemy of God and I know his tactics---subtle...as described above.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  160
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  01/30/1983

With the anointing will come no harm! How rare it would be for someone to ever be adversely affected by the use of lights in worship!

Actually I don't think its "rare" at all FA. In my church we have three ladies who are autistic. If our church employed the use of strobe lights these ladies would not be able to attend due to the adverse effects they would experience due to sensory overload. From what I understand, you go to a large church. If this is true how can you even begin to assume who is or is not adversely affected by the use of lights and extremely loud music?

Have you tried it? The Holy Spirit would make sure they would be alright, and safe in the Lord's House---ask Him to keep them safe...He will, just watch!

We have never had any problems. We don't use the lights often, except on special occasions, but mostly it happens in the youth service on Saturday nights.

Oh goodness this is ridiculous! It's like saying "go jump in front of a bus- the Lord will keep you safe". Sometimes I really don't get you FA...

Too bad you don't "get" me. When we are believers we have the Lord's protection on us, and to cause fear and doubt by saying, "Oh, we can't have any fancy lighting because it may make someone ill!" is just buying into the lie that the devil would speak.

This verse speaks of that protection of the Holy Spirit:

Mark 16:18

They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Speaking of danger like that is a form of cursing and doubt.

Ok fa, take a drink of lysol and tell me if God keeps you safe.

And yes, that was sarcasm, but relevant nonetheless.

With the anointing will come no harm! How rare it would be for someone to ever be adversely affected by the use of lights in worship!

Actually I don't think its "rare" at all FA. In my church we have three ladies who are autistic. If our church employed the use of strobe lights these ladies would not be able to attend due to the adverse effects they would experience due to sensory overload. From what I understand, you go to a large church. If this is true how can you even begin to assume who is or is not adversely affected by the use of lights and extremely loud music?

Have you tried it? The Holy Spirit would make sure they would be alright, and safe in the Lord's House---ask Him to keep them safe...He will, just watch!

We have never had any problems. We don't use the lights often, except on special occasions, but mostly it happens in the youth service on Saturday nights.

Oh goodness this is ridiculous! It's like saying "go jump in front of a bus- the Lord will keep you safe". Sometimes I really don't get you FA...

Too bad you don't "get" me. When we are believers we have the Lord's protection on us, and to cause fear and doubt by saying, "Oh, we can't have any fancy lighting because it may make someone ill!" is just buying into the lie that the devil would speak.

This verse speaks of that protection of the Holy Spirit:

Mark 16:18

They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Speaking of danger like that is a form of cursing and doubt.

Ok fa, take a drink of lysol and tell me if God keeps you safe.

And yes, that was sarcasm, but relevant nonetheless.

And was that edifying? Who would do such a thing? We are not to tempt the Lord our God.

Should I thank you, sister in the Lord?

:wub:

LOVE

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;

Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

Love, Your Brother Joe