IGNORED

Support Our Troops???

Guest idolsmasher

Guest idolsmasher
Would you want a child seeing that?

I wouldn't want a child to see alot of what goes on on this board, bickering, division, name calling and accusations, etc. Personally, I am of the opinion that this board is not really for children anyway. You're right though, it is a horrible clip. What kind of ammunition are they using anyway, it seems to explode litle little bombs. The most disturbing thing about the clip is that the Americans don't appear to be under attack at all from these people and they just waste them, and then, like the other clip, it's a "no prisoners" approach and the wounded are targetted and killed. It's pretty revealing about how these helicopter gunships operate. You know, some of the sites hosting this clip are fanatically pro-American. I don't spend much time at all searching for these things. The first one I happened onto while reading on a Christian site and the other was sent to me by a friend. I did check some of the sites hosting this clip and was horrified by the bloodlust of one site in particular, the very pro-American one I mentioned. They were absolutely gloating over the death of Iraqi's and other Muslims, they were proud of this clip.

I thought you only hated the jews...I didn't know you hated America too???

I will not be intimidated Yod so you can dispense with the inflammatory rheteoric, if that's possible. :t2:

Y'all ease up on ol' 'Smash.

Love you Ted, thanks!

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the most disturbing thing about the clip to me is that there is no context. there is no indication that the gunmen are americans... it could be the people on the ground who are americans. for that matter, there may be no americans at all in the clip! yet it is being used as an excuse to bash the american military?

that is truly disturbing.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,587
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

Why did Harry Truman drop two nuclear bombs on Japan?  The history I read says that he had a choice between an invasion of Japan (who by the way was the aggressor) with a one million man invasion force and casulaties estimated as high as 20% or he could simply drop these two new weapons of untested magnitude on the infrastructure and major industrial centers of Japan. 

I guess we prefered a 100% casualty rate, eh? Or do we only count US casualties? :t2:

Regarding Central America, our intentions were completely honorable.  How do I know?  I was there, born in Panama and building airstrips in Honduras with the 43rd Engineer BN (CH).

Why did Prez Clinton make a formal apology (March 11, 1999) for America's role in the massacre of 200,000 Mayan Indians in Guatemala in the 1980's?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

I did check some of the sites hosting this clip and was horrified by the bloodlust of one site in particular, the very pro-American one I mentioned. They were absolutely gloating over the death of Iraqi's and other Muslims, they were proud of this clip.

I somewhat agree with 'Smash on this one.

There are many clips, pictures and stories going around that in a real sense are meant to boast over the killing of others, innocent or not. I am not a liberal...I am not a dove...I believe that war can be just. Regardless, I have been shocked at the stuff that is being passed around showing the destruction of the enemy. More so, my first reaction is something I am not always proud of. I have to remind myself that these clips are of real human beings...many of whom have been sent into eternity apart from the Father. I have pity for them even of they are the enemy...not sympathy but pity.

Where 'Smash and I differ is that I believe it is mostly justified and necessary...war is ugly. Where we agree, though, is that it is sick and sad that so many get enjoyment out of watching these clips, viewing these pictures or hearing these stories. A warrior may like war but a Christian warrior gets no enjoyment out of it, just satisfaction that he is doing his job.

'Smash, I am an American and an ex-Army officer. We aren't all bad brother. Regardless, every war needs it critics or else they would become too easy to wage as in past history.

Blessings,

Wayne

I guess we prefered a 100% casualty rate, eh?

that is what we get either way....our only choice is whether it's them or us.

Or do we only count US casualties? 

the counting started before the war did on American "casualties" (Why isn't it portrayed as cold blooded murder when it's them killing us?)

Indeed, it is the purpose for that one and the current war on terrorism.

I guess we prefered a 100% casualty rate, eh?  Or do we only count US casualties?  :t2:

Why did Prez Clinton make a formal apology (March 11, 1999) for America's role in the massacre of 200,000 Mayan Indians in Guatemala in the 1980's?

Good questions OneAccord and I will answer based on my limited understanding. Before I do, know that I am biased based on my experiences and time in the service (1959 to 1977 w/ my Dad and 1977 to 1984 my own).

I believe that every man and country under the sun has done evil at one time or another.

I believe in "just wars".

I believe the face of war has changed with the advent of WMD and terrorism.

I believe that the United States by its very nature...a democracy... has a good track record overall. Not perfect but good by comparison.

I believe that wars, just or otherwise, will only end for good when Perfection comes.

Regarding your first question, President Truman had a tough choice either way you look at it. He chose to save American lives and ordered two atomic bombs dropped on Hiroshima (100,000 dead) and Nagasaki (60,000 dead). Warnings were sent to the Japanese government but went unheeded. Many historians believe that the civilian casualty rate would have actually been higher IF we had invaded.

Truman wrote in his diary,

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Would you want a child seeing that?

I wouldn't want a child to see alot of what goes on on this board, bickering, division, name calling and accusations, etc. Personally, I am of the opinion that this board is not really for children anyway. You're right though, it is a horrible clip. What kind of ammunition are they using anyway, it seems to explode litle little bombs. The most disturbing thing about the clip is that the Americans don't appear to be under attack at all from these people and they just waste them, and then, like the other clip, it's a "no prisoners" approach and the wounded are targetted and killed. It's pretty revealing about how these helicopter gunships operate.

My argument against the clip is the lack of context. Who is being fired on? Why is the raid taking place? What happened before the firing started? There is absolutely no context to the clip whatsoever!

My opposition to the posting of the clip is that you gave no warning that it showed people getting killed. Even on TV, there is a warning about violence that may not be suited for small children.

I'm sorry, but I am really going to have to ask the moderators about this. If I I am wrong about this, then I extend my sincerest appologies.

I did check some of the sites hosting this clip and was horrified by the bloodlust of one site in particular, the very pro-American one I mentioned.  They were absolutely gloating over the death of Iraqi's and other Muslims, they were proud of this clip.

Who are "they", BTW?

I don't hate you Neb, and I don't hate you LadyC, but I do hate much of the way your government operates in foreign policy.

I know you don't hate us personally, but in extending hatred towards our government, we feel the effects of it. I don't know if you read the thread I posted called "An Alternative Perspective" or something like that, or not. But the author is describing how difficult it is for him as an American to travel to certain countries because of the American hatred going around. He, personally, was getting hit with hatred for no other reason than his nationality.

You don't like the war, fine. So do lots of Americans. Don't like our governments foreign policy? Same. Don't like our government period? Hey, when I saw the trailer for the movie Independence Day and it showed the clip of the White House and the Capitol building being blown up, my dad, my brother, and I were cheering! But I know if this happened in real life, I'd be feeling scared. And I'd be praying everyone escaped, including the politicians whom I can't stand.

If you have a passion for the justice of nations, great! But are you fighting flesh and blood, or the principalities and powers and forces of darkness in the heavenly realms?

And if you think it unfair of me to take your criticisms of the US gov't or our troops personally - face it, I'm female. Sue me! :noidea:

And if you think it unfair of me to take your criticisms of the US gov't or our troops personally - face it, I'm female. Sue me! :noidea:

Ok 'Smash...she's got you on that one brother. You win in my book Neb. I'm scared of women. Maybe they should be handling all foreign policy, huh?

And if you think it unfair of me to take your criticisms of the US gov't or our troops personally - face it, I'm female.  Sue me! :noidea:

Ok 'Smash...she's got you on that one brother. You win in my book Neb. I'm scared of women. Maybe they should be handling all foreign policy, huh?

yeah... put a bunch of us women in charge, all of us pms'ing at different times, and i guarantee war wouldn't be necessary... no nation would DARE threaten ours! :laugh:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

yeah... put a bunch of us women in charge, all of us pms'ing at different times, and i guarantee war wouldn't be necessary... no nation would DARE threaten ours! :noidea:

She who has the most chocolate wins!!!

kisswink.gif