• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

I agree...it looks like a war crime to me as well. But please do not judge all in the military by this one instance.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,587
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

Imagine that same video as if it was the Iraqis doing that to American soldiers.........would we give them the benefit of the doubt too?

This is not an isolated incident, there is also many reports of abuse at the prison camps, like this example:

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/7636914.htm

Face it, war is ugly, grotesque, appalling, shocking, and evil. Is this how we rid the world of the evildoers?

that clip doesn't give any context. Was there a reason for singling out this person?

The story says that they were less than honorably discharged. Doesn't sound like an endorsement by our military for what was always commonplace in other armies and eras.

Imagine that same video as if it was the Iraqis doing that to American soldiers.........would we give them the benefit of the doubt too?

Do you not know they would do the same thing or worse? How about a 12 volt battery hooked up to your genitals while laying on a metal mattress while your interogator holds a bucket of water over you?

Have you not heard about the atrocities going on there since the mid-sixties?

Face it, war is ugly, grotesque, appalling, shocking, and evil. Is this how we rid the world of the evildoers?

Yes!

This is how it has been done since time began. Even the angels are at war.

If you have a better solution please run for President. We'd all love to talk sweetly to bad men and have them play nice. Until then...all that can be done to kill them before they kill more innocent people or (gulp) even us!

Welcome to ugly reality.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,587
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

that clip doesn't give any context. Was there a reason for singling out this person?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

This is how it has been done since time began. Even the angels are at war.

If you have a better solution please run for President.

They wouldn't like me very much. I'd have to tell them in good conscience to love their enemies and to bless those who curse them and to give to all those who ask.

I wouldn't make a very good president.

OK, you may go to Afganistan and give a peace flower to the members of the Taliban.

And how would you like your funeral prepared?

Sorry OA,

But I do not agree that love equals "let them kill us all they want and we won't raise a finger to protect ourselves because that will be evil,"

and I felt like being a little sarcastic.

But that's a side debate.

Anyway . . . .

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

River?

Is that really you?

Wow! I've never heard a Democrat talk like that before!

I . . . I . . . I'm speachless! :D

:bg:

Guest idolsmasher

Maybe I'm missing something but under the Geneva convention don't these troops have an obligation to care for the wounded of the enemy instead of using them to get their kicks using them for target practice. How are these troops showing any more respect for life than Al Queda, the Taliban, or the Iraqui defenders of their homeland? No wonder America wants it's people protected from any prosecution in an international court for war crimes, they would lose a whole bunch of people. Only one incident, yes, but that's what scares me, it's only one incident. How many of these kind of things go unreported. How many Christians are willing to support such savegry with religious ferver and misuse of scripture.

The story says that they were less than honorably discharged. Doesn't sound like an endorsement by our military for what was always commonplace in other armies and eras.

To me it does. They should have been prosecuted for a war crime but instead got off easy. I hope their conscience will not stop dogging them about it until they repent of their cold, hard hearted, unfeeling, insanity.

Do you not know they would do the same thing or worse?

But this isn't about "them." It's about American troops and Christian endorsement of them.

all that can be done to kill them before they kill more innocent people or (gulp) even us!

So, that man lying wounded and writhing around on the pavement you consider to still be a threat and danger that needed to be snuffed out? You actually believe they did the right thing? It looks to me like he was already defeated and helpless and should have been taken prisoner and cared for under the rules of war but instead some dark spirit took hold of these men and turned them into cold hearted killers, killing just for the joy of it. This seems close to a demonic act to me. icon8.gif

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

Ok, look out, here it comes.........

I agree with Idolsmasher!!!!!!!! :blink:

These are the things that kill our "testimony" as far as doing what we should. Sick individuals should be locked up no matter what side they are on. We have a responsibility to act within the Laws of war and should be held accountable for our actions.

Yod, River, Neb, your'e right on time though.

t.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  222
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa!!

Maybe before you judge these soldiers you might want to find out the whole story?? Was the man carrying grenades? Has there been instances where US soldiers go out to help the wounded, only to be ambushed or blown up by a suicidial wounded enemy?

Do we know the whole story? :blink: Easy to point fingers in our nice warm safe livingrooms, but sometimes pictures do not tell the whole story??

Either way I think it's important to know all the facts before making a judgement!?

Only Christ Saves