IGNORED

So why am I married anyway?

I'm not going to get into the destructive infidelity that occured,

I don't need to know the details, but who did what to who?

Who cheated on who?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you love your husband?

Yes.

mathy

Do you harbor any ill will toward him?

That would be affirmative.

Why?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  962
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/16/1975

I'm not going to get into the destructive infidelity that occured,

I don't need to know the details, but who did what to who?

Who cheated on who?

He had an actual real affair, and then I got caught up emotionally online with someone in response to what he had done. BUT had I known right away what he had done, I would have filed for divorce and this would not even be a topic of discussion. But it was all rumors, and I could not believe anyone would say that about him. I found out the truth two months later, after a lot of bonding had taken place between us. He of course did not consider divorce after what I did because NOTHING I COULD EVER DO COULD COME EVEN CLOSE TO WHAT HE DID TO ME.

And by the way, because I know those of you reading this are wondering or are going to ask, yes, we have received marriage counseling. And it worked really well. Then it didn't end up staying that way, things don't ever really change. And I cannot live out my whole marriage in a therapist's office.

Do you love your husband?

Yes.

mathy

Do you harbor any ill will toward him?

That would be affirmative.

Why?

What are your reasons for staying married?

You don't want to be there....why are you there?

That's a tough question with several answers: God hates divorce (although I have the biblical right to do so), we've been married almost 9 years, it's easier to stay married than to divorce, I worry about him on his own financially (he would not be in the same boat as me), and I think that last one is the main reason. Love is not a reason to stay married, in my opinion, so I'll just leave that one out. Oh and I do love his parents very much. I'm sure none of those are actual reasons in many people's minds, but that's where I'm at, good or bad.

And by the way, because I know those of you reading this are wondering or are going to ask, yes, we have received marriage counseling. And it worked really well. Then it didn't end up staying that way, things don't ever really change. And I cannot live out my whole marriage in a therapist's office.

Hi Mathy,

I wish I had words for you today, but I don't - because I don't even have words for my own situation. But I do want to let you know that I know EXACTLY! what you are going through. As I started to read your post, my life story started to play in front of me, and brought tears to my eyes, because nobody has answers for us, except Jesus Christ!

As hard as it is for me on a day-to-day basis, I realise more and more that Jesus loves me just as I am, and that goes for you too. Make Him your husband and Lover of your soul. Dry off the tears and find rest and peace in Him. And trust with all your heart that God will come through for you and that He sees the bigger picture. During all this trials and tests, let Him refine you and make you pure to be His perfect bride.

All my love and support go out to you.

Esther

:emot-hug:

Thanks Esther for those wonderful words. ;)

Very encouraging and helpful in directing my thoughts to Jesus.

Deep down inside....do you want your marriage to last?

And what are your ill feelings you have toward your husband?

Deep down inside....do you want your marriage to last?

And what are your ill feelings you have toward your husband?

Yes, of course I want my marriage to last. No one wants to get divorced (at least I think not, anyway). The ill feelings I have are that he has brought utter destruction to my life, and he is a constant financial drain (I admit that is a slight exaggeration, but only slightly.). I know how horrible that must sound, but finances are a tough topic in any marriage, and I have absolutely no doubt, in fact I know, as I stated earlier, that my financial situation would be so improved without him.