• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

The only one he needs to repent to is God through Jesus. How does anyone know he didn't confess to God already? And he's a man. "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God" who are any of us to judge him? What's done is done, now he wants to correct the situation the way he was taught from scriptures, by marrying the woman and not defiling his current wife, causing her to commit adultery as well. It looks to me like he is doing the scriptural thing.

WHAT???????????

We, the Church have the right to judge....and discipline....and restore.

Marrying this woman would further his adultery and the woman's adultery! He is not trying to correct anything. He is not doing ANYTHING scripturally. You seriously misunderstand church discipline.

"Church discipline"

This people judging other people in the name of God is exactly why I don't attend a church.

What if he stood up at the pulpit and read off a list of all of the sins every single person in his church came to him about and said, "it's everyone's business"? People who came to him with their sins trying to find answers from God's helper.

What if he stood up in front of everyone and told ALL.

How many people would walk out as opposed to how many did walk out hearing what he'd done?

Only those on the list, I'm willing to bet.

What hypocrites!

Well, Biblically, if these people who's sins were read off had not repented after being approached in private and by two or three brothers, then yes...their sins should be confronted in public.

A public of what? "Christians"? or people who go to church to fullfill their need to socialize and, killing two birds with one stone, look like good church-going people while there.

I believe what Jesus said over anything any other book writer says, "I am the Way the Truth and the Light, no man comes to the Father but by me." Jesus is the only One, the only Priest, we need to confess our sins to. The whole idea of the "body of Christ" being called a "church" is not to make a giant building and gather everyone into it. Why? A bigger target for satan to creep into with all the sheep inside following a man they deem as perfect as God? There is only One perfect One and no pastor I've ever met fit anywhere near the bill.

All these people here want to do is verbally crucify this man fullfilling their daily juicy gossip fix, it's pretty evident.

You know, the people carrying the biggest torches with the biggest flames running towards the guy tied to the stake often have the biggest skeletons hiding in their back pockets. I'm surprized they're even able to run that fast with such heavy loads weighing them down like that.

Hypocrisy.

Edited by None

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Yes he needs to step down. He's still in an adultress relationship even if he divorces his wife. Forgive him yes attend his church I would be gone.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

The only one he needs to repent to is God through Jesus. How does anyone know he didn't confess to God already? And he's a man. "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God" who are any of us to judge him? What's done is done, now he wants to correct the situation the way he was taught from scriptures, by marrying the woman and not defiling his current wife, causing her to commit adultery as well. It looks to me like he is doing the scriptural thing.

WHAT???????????

Marrying this woman would further his adultery and the woman's adultery! He is not trying to correct anything. He is not doing ANYTHING scripturally. You seriously misunderstand church discipline.

"Church discipline"

This people judging other people in the name of God is exactly why I don't attend a church.

What if he stood up at the pulpit and read off a list of all of the sins every single person in his church came to him about and said, "it's everyone's business"? People who came to him with their sins trying to find answers from God's helper.

How many people would walk out as opposed to how many did walk out hearing what he'd done?

What hypocrites!

Well, Biblically, if these people who's sins were read off had not repented after being approached in private and by two or three brothers, then yes...their sins should be confronted in public.

A public of what? "Christians"? or people who go to church to fullfill their need to socialize and, killing two birds with one stone, look like good church-going people while there.

I believe what Jesus said over anything any other book writer says, "I am the Way the Truth and the Light, no man comes to the Father but by me." Jesus is the only One, the only Priest, we need to confess our sins to. The whole idea of the "body of Christ" being called a "church" is not to make a giant building and gather everyone into it. Why? A bigger target for satan to creep into with all the sheep inside following a man they deem as perfect as God? There is only One perfect One and no pastor I've ever met fit anywhere near the bill.

All these people here want to do is verbally crucify this man fullfilling their daily juicy gossip fix, it's pretty evident.

You know, the people carrying the biggest torches with the biggest flames running towards the guy tied to the stake often have the biggest skeletons hiding in their back pockets. I'm surprized they're even able to run that fast with such heavy loads weighing them down like that.

Hypocrisy.

If you are a believer and want to be an obedient son to God, you read His Word and discover how He provides the Church for your instruction and your protection and as a family for you. Disobedience in this area renders one useless to Him in His kingdom.

As you are unchurched, you become more and more wayward. Your opinion in this matter doesn't hold any water, as there are firm instructions in the Word as to how to handle such a thing successfully.

The hypocrisy is in one who refuses to obey God telling others who are obeying Him that they are somehow hypocrites. How sad.

WHAT???????????

"Church discipline"

What hypocrites!

Hypocrisy.

If you are a believer and want to be an obedient son to God, you read His Word and discover how He provides the Church for your instruction and your protection and as a family for you. Disobedience in this area renders one useless to Him in His kingdom.

As you are unchurched, you become more and more wayward. Your opinion in this matter doesn't hold any water, as there are firm instructions in the Word as to how to handle such a thing successfully.

The hypocrisy is in one who refuses to obey God telling others who are obeying Him that they are somehow hypocrites. How sad.

Find a passage in the Bible where Jesus said for His men to build a building and put people in it and call this My Church.

He said "fellowship", He never told them to build a building. "Go ye into all the world and preach the Gospel..."

Don't tell me I'm not being obedient to God because I haven't yet commited myself to a building.

My loyalties are with God, not men, that's being obedient. It's not sad at all.

WHAT???????????

"Church discipline"

What hypocrites!

Hypocrisy.

Find a passage in the Bible where Jesus said for His men to build a building and put people in it and call this My Church.

He said "fellowship", He never told them to build a building. "Go ye into all the world and preach the Gospel..."

Don't tell me I'm not being obedient to God because I haven't yet commited myself to a building.

Whether or not you believe it, it is not obedience. The first churches met in homes. Christians do need to meet together. That is a command.

WHAT???????????

"Church discipline"

What hypocrites!

Hypocrisy.

Whether or not you believe it, it is not obedience. The first churches met in homes. Christians do need to meet together. That is a command.

That's "fellowshipping". No problem. I already do this with my family when I teach my children about God and Bible stories.

;)

It is not simply fellowship. It is prayer together, worship together--numbers are important. Putting your hearts together talking to God gets His attention, for sure! He loves it.

Then there is instruction.Then there is encouragement of one another--you GIVE as well as GET. You also instruct! Then there are the offerings that you must make. There is a duty upon us that we must care for those over us in the Lord, provisionally, and we must care for the poor among us.

We need to meet together! Otherwise we get a bit weird, as our pastor says, and he is right.

There is no place in the Kingdom of God for lone ranger Christians. They get overlooked when the gifting is handed out, because they can't be trusted to obey, because they aren't coming under God's authority...just their very own.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  92
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  07/09/1982

Forgiveness for the Sinner

2Corinthians 2:

If anyone has caused grief, he has not so much grieved me as he has grieved all of you, to some extent

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  92
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  07/09/1982

Yes, I also feel he should step down, and be forgiven.

Yes, he should repent and turn away from his sin.

And yes, you should pray for him and show God's love towards him.

Remember how many times we have hurt God, yet He is faithful to forgive.

God is kind, yet firm and you as ambassadors of Christ should respond in the same manner.

It is not simply fellowship. It is prayer together, worship together--numbers are important. Putting your hearts together talking to God gets His attention, for sure! He loves it.

Then there is instruction.Then there is encouragement of one another--you GIVE as well as GET. You also instruct! Then there are the offerings that you must make. There is a duty upon us that we must care for those over us in the Lord, provisionally, and we must care for the poor among us.

We need to meet together! Otherwise we get a bit weird, as our pastor says, and he is right.

There is no place in the Kingdom of God for lone ranger Christians. They get overlooked when the gifting is handed out, because they can't be trusted to obey, because they aren't coming under God's authority...just their very own.

This post so is wrong on so many levels, I'm even not going to bother breaking it down. This place seems to be your playground and you have very many supporters here.

No wonder you feel the great need for women leaders in churches.