• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

Here we go again. :emot-hug:

I think that I will go open topics on Harry Potter, Narnia, prophetic dreams, Santa clause, Easter bunny,tattoos,abortion,tithing,JW's and the rapture.

:taped:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  400
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Here we go again. :emot-puke:

I think that I will go open topics on Harry Potter, Narnia, prophetic dreams, Santa clause, Easter bunny,tattoos,abortion,tithing,JW's and the rapture.

:emot-puke:

But wait, Giaour! (*scratches head*) Didn't we already beat every single one of those to death already?

Oh...THAT'S why you said that... :emot-puke:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

WOW!

You mean my studies in Hebrew, Greek, Latin, Spanish and Italian were really the gift of speaking in tongues???

Where can I get a course on those Tongues of Angels Paul speaks of?

Nay, Brethren. I think you misunderstand. Where our King James Version has the Prophet Isaiah saying "The Word is given line upon line, line upon line; precept upon precept, precept upon precept........., the Hebrew text reads sav l'sav, sav l'sav; kav l'kav, kav l'kav, WHICH HAS NO MEANING IN HEBREW. It is indecipherable 'baby gibberish.' Yet the Lord tells us: "This is the Refreshing."

AMEN

Guest Biblicist
WOW!

You mean my studies in Hebrew, Greek, Latin, Spanish and Italian were really the gift of speaking in tongues???

Nay, Brethren. I think you misunderstand. Where our King James Version has the Prophet Isaiah saying "The Word is given line upon line, line upon line; precept upon precept, precept upon precept........., the Hebrew text reads sav l'sav, sav l'sav; kav l'kav, kav l'kav, WHICH HAS NO MEANING IN HEBREW. It is indecipherable 'baby gibberish.' Yet the Lord tells us: "This is the Refreshing."

I am unfamilure with this text, Leonard. Could you offer, book, chapter and verse for me so that I can learn for myself? Thanks a bunch!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

Isiah 28 vs 10

10. For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:

Guest Biblicist
Isiah 28 vs 10

10. For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:

Oh, thankyoueversomuch, Gia. I really apprecite that.

Not really sure how this fits in with the tongues topic but I'll get back to you. :emot-puke:

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

I believe there is the Gift of tongues from the Holy Spirit and the Tongues of angels also.

..Here is also a thought for those who do not blieve in this Holy Gift.

' if there is knowledge, it will be done away'. ... Is knowledge done away with, too?

For those who know the Gift to be from the Holy Spirit and according to Holy Scripture, and have known the Holy Spirit and His working in them this way also, there is certainly no guessing about it. However, it is certainly Holy and I cannot argue this Holy Gift. We can ask the Father what ever is of Him we want and whatever it Not of HIm we do not want. Seeking Him in the Beautiful face in Christ Jesus. Being that I have studied Scripture and have the Holy Spirit I do know this to be a true Gift.

I usually draw away from this particular subject discussion; because it will become disrespectful to the Holy Sririt,which I can not have any part in.

But, just thought that Leonards posts were relavent and wanted to say this too.

elkie

I am of the believers who don't believe that this gift is given any more. We do not speak in tongues, but I know believers who have. I think it is a rare thing and not given to all as a gift. Many of these gifts were characteristic of the early church, necessary then but not now. A true believer has the Bible as a full text and is complete, tongues imply that there is revelation that has not been given. Same with prophecy.

1 Corinthians 13:

8Love never fails; but if there are gifts of (S)prophecy, they will be done away; if there are (T)tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away.

9For we (U)know in part and we prophesy in part;

10but when the perfect comes, the partial will be done away.

I can say more on this later, but I don't have my research on this handy.

Guest Biblicist
WOW!

OK if it has NO meaning in Hebrew, how did they translate it into English?

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,673
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

Isiah 28 vs 10

Oh, thankyoueversomuch, Gia. I really apprecite that.

Not really sure how this fits in with the tongues topic but I'll get back to you. :emot-puke:

actually that is the prophecy of tongues in Pentecost. That Isaiah scripture shuts down

what many people today think what tongues is. It ruins a great "tongue" gathering ... 3xR0c|<stAr

Edited by exrockstar

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

Ah, so the word "Trinity" is not in the Holy Bible. However, as I constantly remind my Jehovah's False Witness friends, its declared truth appears in no uncertain fashion. Neither does the word, "rapture, Greek harpizo, but its declaration & description does indeed. Re the Blessed Holy Spirit, though, the strategic distinction is that the Spirit of Truth does not KILL or "SLAY" Christians: He ministers the precise OPPOSITE, ie, LIFE - and "that more abundantly" - plus phileo & agape love, truth, indescribable joy, heartfelt peace and strength for today with a blessed hope for tomorrow. The Bottom Line which many Christians fail to come to grips with: Usage alone does not make a self-concocted four-word term SCRIPTURAL or something to be passed off as New testament practice for the Church of Jesus Christ today.

If as glossolaliasts say, "languages are UNintelligible and "heavenly sounds & mutterings" - but it's indubitably clear from the classic New Testament passage of Acts 2:6b,8-11 (which glossolaliasts seldom spend much time with) that such is not so - how can those UNintelligible and "heavenly sounds & mutterings" of non-language manifest ANYTHING? Would not the gift of necessary INTERPRETATION ultimately render UNintelligible languages totally unnecessary, if not meaningless? Is God therefore placed in a position by glossolaliasts of offering an INTELLIGENT gift to explain an UNintelligent gift, which would constitute the height of all confusion? But "God is not the Author of confusion." True, He created millions of dialektos - Hebrew, Greek, Aramaic, Mandarin, Cantonese, Russian, French, Spanish, et al, but alas, to the detriment of some kind folk today, NON-language "heavenly sounds and mutterings" are not one of them. How about a human reaction psychologically induced?

http://arthurdutnan.freeyellow.com