• Group:  Seeker *
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  99
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/15/1981

Today i was reading something in the bible again and again questions came into my mind.

Like... why did Jesus appear to the disciple, but not to everyone else? So there would be more witnesses?

Than it would be even more believeble he rose from the dead right?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  400
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Today i was reading something in the bible again and again questions came into my mind.

Like... why did Jesus appear to the disciple, but not to everyone else? So there would be more witnesses?

He showed himself to all of them later on...and Thomas doubted the reality.

• Group:  Seeker *
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  99
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  07/15/1981

He showed himself to all of them later on...and Thomas doubted the reality.

To all of them? or only the ones who believed in Him? i mean... He didn;t show Himself to lots of people...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

According to Luke (I think), He appeared to hundreds.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

Indeed He appeared to more than 500 at one time. He either did appear OR 500 people all had hallucinations....and all had them at the SAME time! Then He also "last of all" to Saul of Tarsus, His avowed enemy, on the Damascus Road. Something must have happened to His disciples because they all went on whirlwind, 'devil-may-care' evangelistic tours throughout the entire known world announcing a RISEN Jesus Christ. They started their outreach RIGHT IN THE HOT-BED city of Golden Jerusalem where all His most antagonistic foes gathered! All His foes had to do to quell New Testament Christianity BEFORE IT GOT STARTED was to produce Jesus' "stolen" Body - and Whammo! NO Christianity would ever exist! But they didn't because they couldn't. Wanna know why?..............................................

............................................................Because they didn't have His Body! Jesus actually DID conquer death & the grave - for all of us! Shout HALLELUJAH!

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

Indeed He appeared to more than 500 at one time.

...and that was just the men, not counting the women and children who were not counted since they were not considered reliable witnesses at the time.

1 Corinthians 15:3-8... the earliest creed of the followers of the Way.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

The resurrected Jesus remained with us for 40 days before He ascended to the Father. He appeared to many and the many were witnesses of His resurrected body. How is that not believable? Read ALL the Gospel accounts, the 1st and 22nd chapters of the Book of Acts, Pauls 1st letter to the church of Corinth (chapter 15) for a start.

The most reliable eye witness record is found in 1 Corinthians 15:3-8 where Paul puts in writing the creed (statement of beliefs) that had been circulating throughout the emerging church for the 20 year span between the death, burial and ressurection of Jesus and the time he wrote the letter (about AD 50 to 55).

Paul wrote to the brethren:

For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, and that he appeared to Peter, and then to the Twelve. After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep. Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles, and last of all he appeared to me also, as to one abnormally born.