juan77

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

I do not believe the dietary commandments are binding, but there are better ways of demonstrating that than with a vision that does not even speak to the issue.

Folks seem to be ignoring this portion of Shiloh's response.

Shalom Eric,

Which part of you referring to, the first part or second?

The full statement. All Shiloh is arguing is that this text cannot be definitively used as proof for the binding nature of the dietary laws. Shiloh does believe on the basis of other texts that they (the dietary laws) are not binding. So the argument is not regarding the binding nature of the dietary laws. The arguement is over which passages demonstrate that they are not binding

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  186
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

It sounds like some folks on this board follow deceiving spirits according to scripture..

Shall I consider this a judgemental statement on your part??

This place is pure entertainment for me. I said according to scripture. It sounds to me like that scripture matches up with you all.

1The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. 2Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron. 3They forbid people to marry and order them to abstain from certain foods, which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and who know the truth

It sounded to me like your ordering folks to abstain from certain foods. Is that correct or not? ACCORDING TO SCRIPTURE people that do this are taught by demons.

As a child of God I will never tell anybody to abstain from certain foods. I'm trying to figure out Why you feel it is necessary to tell folks to abstain from certain foods.

And still nobody has replied to what Peter was to kill and eat....is it gentiles we are suppose to eat?

And you better believe I judge. I judge where I'm going, whom I'm going to be around, what I'm doing, How I'm doing it.

I'm constantly on guard...because I fell for traps and snares all my life..nobody is draggin this boy into bondage...or anything displeasing to God... I hate to see anybody go to hell...or live in a life of bondage...because of their actions, attitudes, or behaviors..

I really don't care what you or anybody eats...I just thank God for food...

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

The full statement. All Shiloh is arguing is that this text cannot be definitively used as proof for the binding nature of the dietary laws. Shiloh does believe on the basis of other texts that they (the dietary laws) are not binding. So the argument is not regarding the binding nature of the dietary laws. The arguement is over which passages demonstrate that they are not binding

Shalom Eric,

This is what I wanted to qualify.

Who are the "some folks" you are referring to?

So the argument is not regarding the binding nature of the dietary laws.

Who are you saying said it was?

Shiloh does believe on the basis of other texts that they (the dietary laws) are not binding.

Who are you saying has said otherwise? BTW, Shiloh agrees me with me. :noidea:

The arguement is over which passages demonstrate that they are not binding

Actually, this thread is proving that Acts (Peter's vision) has nothing to do with dietary laws, and again Shiloh agrees with me.

The actual topic about the laws themselves, which I started, was deleted for some reason.

I'm just curious about your statements and who exactly you are directing them to and why you think someone is saying something other than dietary laws are not "binding'?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  92
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  07/09/1982

So glad Worthy isn't my source for teaching.

ditto. But luckily we are all allowed to express our views and to attempt to help each other understand God's Word better. And that God gave us an open way to communicate with Him and that He is our source of hope, strength, love and life.

This place is pure entertainment for me.

Shalom PF,

Always glad to provide entertainment!! :noidea:

It sounded to me like your ordering folks to abstain from certain foods. Is that correct or not?

Not.

How's about actually reading the posts and not reading into them? I invite you to find one post where a Believer is ordering another to abstain from certain foods.

ACCORDING TO SCRIPTURE people that do this are taught by demons.

Also not true in this thread. The first step is abandoning the faith. The comes teaching false doctrine.

Neither is being done. According to Scripture, there are clean and unclean foods. You need to take that up with G-d if you disagree.

As a child of God I will never tell anybody to abstain from certain foods. I'm trying to figure out Why you feel it is necessary to tell folks to abstain from certain foods.

You are working under a misconception of what is being said, that's why you're confused. It hasn't been said.

And still nobody has replied to what Peter was to kill and eat....is it gentiles we are suppose to eat?

Nothing. Please read the posts in this thread and you will see the vision was not about Peter killing and eating anything, it was about accepting Gentiles.

I really don't care what you or anybody eats.

Then why are you arguing about it and accusing people wrongly?

..I just thank God for food...

Amen!

So glad Worthy isn't my source for teaching.

ditto. But luckily we are all allowed to express our views and to attempt to help each other understand God's Word better. And that God gave us an open way to communicate with Him and that He is our source of hope, strength, love and life.

Shalom Juan,

Amen and amen! Beautifully worded!

And we don't all have to agree!

Well, for me that settles the food issue.

Press Forward quoted Colossians 2:16-26

1 Timothy 4:1-7

And I found in the Amplified reference to Mark 7:19 where Jesus declared all foods clean.

[W. Robertson Nicoll, ed., The Expositor's Greek New Testament]

If it tickles your fancy, you can even eat the insides of a rat! Not that I would, but... never mind. I for instance love shellfish! According to OT laws it was forbidden. Seeing Jesus declared all foods clean, I go on and enjoy my shellfish and PORK CHOP!!! But I won't be mastered by it.

Elsewhere Bible says food is made for the stomach and stomach for food, but God will destroy them both.

I get the idea that God isn't so concerned as to what we eat, drink or wear, but He is more concerned whether our hearts our close to His, our heads on His chest, our ears close to His mouth, and our walk in His footsteps

• Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

The Lord has shown me this:

The vision is indeed symbolic, as it it is telling Peter that God is not a respecter of persons, foremost. "Go and include the Gentiles for My people" is what He is saying.

The vision does speak to the issue of food, as it is stated that Peter was hungering, and God told Peter three times to eat of the animals. It is not a major emphasis, but neither is it NOT there.

Shalom FA,

One thing that is a constant is that G-d will never "show" someone something that is contrary to Scripture. In fact, that is one way that we know we are hearing from G-d, what we believe He is showing us, lines up with Scripture.

In this case, saying the vision has anything to do with making pork clean is simply not in the Scriptures. That is not what the Bible says about the vision and man has inserted something that the Scripture does not say. The truth is, that is adding to Scripture to make it say what we wish it would.

The vision does not speak to the "issue" of food, for there is no issue. G-d's designation of clean and unclean animals was and is clear. Nothing has changed in that regard. The vision does not have a dual meaning, it only has one, the one the Bible says it has.

If someone wishes to read into the Scriptures to justify their position on eating pork, but it is not Scripture - that's the difference.

And, we should be mindful of these Scriptures:

Matthew 5

7"Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill.

18"For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished.

19"Whoever then annuls one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever keeps and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

All I know is what the Lord tells me. You can choose whatever you want. I don't have the luxury of being able to pick and choose what God tells me. I believe HIM and His Word over those people in here who believe their own thing.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

As I said, the problem lies in your insistence on making the vision literal instead of symbolic. The reason you are incorrect in your mode of interpretation is that it goes contrary to how visions are interpreted and handled in EVERY other part of Scripture.

I wonder which part of the following scripture is symbolic.

Colossians 2 NIV

16Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. 17These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ. 18Do not let anyone who delights in false humility and the worship of angels disqualify you for the prize. Such a person goes into great detail about what he has seen, and his unspiritual mind puffs him up with idle notions. 19He has lost connection with the Head, from whom the whole body, supported and held together by its ligaments and sinews, grows as God causes it to grow.

20Since you died with Christ to the basic principles of this world, why, as though you still belonged to it, do you submit to its rules: 21"Do not handle! Do not taste! Do not touch!"? 22These are all destined to perish with use, because they are based on human commands and teachings. 23Such regulations indeed have an appearance of wisdom, with their self-imposed worship, their false humility and their harsh treatment of the body, but they lack any value in restraining sensual indulgence.

1 Timothy 4 NIV

1The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. 2Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron. 3They forbid people to marry and order them to abstain from certain foods, which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and who know the truth. 4For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, 5because it is consecrated by the word of God and prayer.

6If you point these things out to the brothers, you will be a good minister of Christ Jesus, brought up in the truths of the faith and of the good teaching that you have followed. 7Have nothing to do with godless myths and old wives' tales; rather, train yourself to be godly. 8For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.

I'm still confused when they told Peter to get up, kill and eat....what was he suppose to kill....the gentiles? It sounds like some folks on this board follow deceiving spirits according to scripture..

Excellent! :noidea: Thank you for that!

shiloh357

I believe you want to stand right before God in all that you do. God made the things, the law and regulations, the animals, the human being, but none of them will exist without Him. I myself can sometimes get so intangled with the things of God that I sometimes forget the God of all these things. Remember when did the law came? Why wasn't there law before that time? When Kain killed Abel there was no written law, yet Kain knew that murder was wrong. How did he know?

I'm not trying to put you down here, but to build up. After all, that's what God wants from His children. To live in love and unity.

The letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

FloatingAxe.

I just sense a loving simple spirit from you. not simple as in common, but... you know what I mean.

May you also follow in the footsteps of your Rabbi, our only Rabbi - Jesus Christ!

And may you find and keep in that place near God's heart.

May we edify each other in word and spirit that we may boast of each other before God.