systemstrike_7

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  0

Oh well, I am not saying that people who choose to follow the Law are looking for righteousness in every case. I am just saying that the Word says it is a pointless endeavour. Jesus has won us our freedom from it.

How can quotes from the Word of God constitute a strawman?

Shalom FA,

When the quotes are supporting the false position that those that observe the law are seeking righteousness, it is a Straw Man argument.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Oh well, I am not saying that people who choose to follow the Law are looking for righteousness in every case. I am just saying that the Word says it is a pointless endeavour. Jesus has won us our freedom from it.

How can quotes from the Word of God constitute a strawman?

Shalom FA,

When the quotes are supporting the false position that those that observe the law are seeking righteousness, it is a Straw Man argument.

I am not taking any false position, vickilynn. It is an underlying reason for some people. They deserve to hear the truth... wouldn't you agree?

I am not taking any false position, vickilynn. It is an underlying reason for some people. They deserve to hear the truth... wouldn't you agree?

Shalom FA,

No, I do not agree that you are in a position to judge someone's heart intent.

And every time someone says something positive about observing the law, you jump in with this false position of someone is not made righteous by observing the law.

We need to get this over with once and for all.

We understand and agree and do not contend that NO ONE is made righteous or saved by observing the Law.

Now that needs to be laid to rest because it IS a false position since it has never been contended.

And thus it IS a Straw Man argument, designed to support a fallacy statement.

Shalom FA,

No, I do not agree that you are in a position to judge someone's heart intent.

And every time someone says something positive about observing the law, you jump in with this false position of someone is not made righteous by observing the law.

We need to get this over with once and for all.

We understand and agree and do not contend that NO ONE is made righteous or saved by observing the Law.

Now that needs to be laid to rest because it IS a false position since it has never been contended.

And thus it IS a Straw Man argument, designed to support a fallacy statement.

I don't jump in EVERY time! :emot-highfive:

I will always continue to contend for the faith.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  08/07/1987

I think there may be a misunderstanding here. I believe everyone here is saying that you CAN observe the law if you wish. If it keeps you close to God, and with some people it very well may do that, then there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. Now, we know that observing the Law isn't getting you anywhere as to rewards, but I wouldn't think rewards are as important as the actual relationship.

Some people might pray while doing a handstand. Why? Because they feel closer to God for some odd reason. Does this benefit them in any way? No, other than the fact they became closer to their Father!

So, it is merely a choice. I choose not too, my friend's family chooses too. I am very happy and know my Father quite well. They are very happy and I bet they know their Father quite well too.

Shalom FA,

You are not "contending for the faith", you are falsely judging people's heart and this is a sin according to the Word.

People observe the Law as unto the L-rd and you, as a Christian, must not judge their motives.

Shalom FA,

You are not "contending for the faith", you are falsely judging people's heart and this is a sin according to the Word.

People observe the Law as unto the L-rd and you, as a Christian, must not judge their motives.

Ahhh, you misjudge me!

I am supposed to judge for righteousness and truth, as a King's Kid.

I am supposed to judge for righteousness and truth, as a King's Kid.

Shalom FA,

Wrong. That is not what the Scriptures say. In fact, they say the opposite.

You are not able nor called to judge another's heart motive for observing days ir what foods they eat. This is sin.

You are not able to determine someone's motive for observing the Law and to do so violates Scripture. A "King's Kid" would not want to do this.

Romans 14

4Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

5One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. 6He who regards one day as special, does so to the Lord. He who eats meat, eats to the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who abstains, does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God. 7For none of us lives to himself alone and none of us dies to himself alone. 8If we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord.

9For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living. 10You, then, why do you judge your brother? Or why do you look down on your brother? For we will all stand before God's judgment seat. 11It is written:

" 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord,

'every knee will bow before me;

every tongue will confess to God.' "[a] 12So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God.

13Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in your brother's way.

I don't judge people's hearts. That is Jesus' job. You can do it for me, it seems.

I don't judge people's hearts. That is Jesus' job. You can do it for me, it seems.

Shalom FA,

Heed your own advice and don't "personalize" your replies.

And don't be so nasty. You are the one telling people what their motives are and that they are wrong, not me.

You sure can dish it out. You should in fact, look at your own heart, not others.