IGNORED

Self Defense

MK202002

Yes self defense is indeed revenge. Using the rationalization of man to annul the teachings of Christ won't do you any good in what is coming up. Those who stand behind the armaments of man will find themselves fighting against the Power of God real soon.

You know what if you want to be slaughtered by some maniac you go right ahead and see where it gets ya. Sure doesn't win any brownie points with God. He doesn't give extra rewards for laying down and dying with no purpose.

God has always allowed for battle with a oppressor, and has commanded people to utterly destroy their tormentors. So why would he all of a sudden say ok lay down and die if joe blow wants to bust a cap in your head. I believe he would look at you and say you big dummy, i gave ya the means to defend yourself and its your fault you didn't use it.

Christ never said that we had to die needlessly. That mentality is the same mentality that Islam teaches when they go strap bombs on themselves to blow up as many people as they can.

You have no idea what he was saying when he made that statement, do you.

Christ commanded us to love our neighbor as ourselves and because some of us choose to follow that commandment, you compare us to suicide bombers.

Your knowledge of the scriptures is very limited and skewed. And please don't think that I am questioning your faith. It is not your faith that comes into question, but your understanding. You have very little. Your comments above say as much.

All of us will stand before God someday and give an account of what we did in this life. Nothing will be hidden. Our deepest darkest secrets will unfold before Him. No excuses will be accepted.

Your words are your witness...use them sparingly.

Nowhere does Christ tell us it's ok to take another life.

Think about it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

Yes self defense is indeed revenge. Using the rationalization of man to annul the teachings of Christ won't do you any good in what is coming up. Those who stand behind the armaments of man will find themselves fighting against the Power of God real soon.

You know what if you want to be slaughtered by some maniac you go right ahead and see where it gets ya. Sure doesn't win any brownie points with God. He doesn't give extra rewards for laying down and dying with no purpose.

God has always allowed for battle with a oppressor, and has commanded people to utterly destroy their tormentors. So why would he all of a sudden say ok lay down and die if joe blow wants to bust a cap in your head. I believe he would look at you and say you big dummy, i gave ya the means to defend yourself and its your fault you didn't use it.

Christ never said that we had to die needlessly. That mentality is the same mentality that Islam teaches when they go strap bombs on themselves to blow up as many people as they can.

Christ commanded us to love our neighbor as ourselves and because some of us choose to follow that commandment, you compare us to suicide bombers.

Christ also gave us a clear description of who our neighbour is and who isn't in the Good Samaritan story.

" "Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?"

The expert in the law replied, "The one who had mercy on him."

Jesus told him, "Go and do likewise." " Luke 10:36-37

Nowhere does he say the robbers were the man's neighbours.

Christ also gave us a clear description of who our neighbour is and who isn't in the Good Samaritan story.

" "Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?"

The expert in the law replied, "The one who had mercy on him."

Jesus told him, "Go and do likewise." " Luke 10:36-37

Nowhere does he say the robbers were the man's neighbours.

Good point...Thank you.

But He doesn't say we're suppose to kill them either. If I am wrong here please forgive my ignorance.

From what I understand we are to pray for our enemies. Feed them, be good to them.

Please don't get me wrong. I'm not against defending myself. I have eight years in the military. I've pulled a trigger or 2 in my time.

But what does Christ say about taking another mans life? Does He even address it?

If the situation dictates that I am more then likely to be killed by an attacker, then I would use whatever I had at my disposal to put that person down. Up too and including a gun. I'm just not going to strap one to my side and pretend that I'm marshal Dillon.

Anyway....Thanks again.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

there is not one single passage in scripture which indicates we are not to defend our own lives against a thief, a psychopath, etc. the only thing even close is that those who die for CHRIST are blessed. since in our country at least, psychos don't go around asking you if you believe in Jesus before blowing your brains out.

Jesus told his desciples to carry a sword, and if they didn't have one, to sell their coat and buy one, because there would be difficult and dangerous times ahead in which they would need one.

that's good enough for me.

This is not true. Christ plainly stated not to resist an evil person. He also plainly stated that those who take up the sword will die by the sword. And He who tries to save His life will lose it. And if some one strikes you on the cheek turn the other to him also.

Matthew 5

39 But I tell you not to resist an evil person. But whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.

Matthew 26

52 But Jesus said to him, "Put your sword in its place, for all who take the sword will perish by the sword.

Matthew 16

25 For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it.

There is no such thing as self defense in Christ Jesus.

Taking these verses out of context i see.....

Mat 5:38

Guest LadyC

you seem to miss an important distinction.

Christ came to earth for the purpose of being slaughtered by maniacs so that we could have eternal life.

the disciples who died at the hands of maniacs died for their faith.

we aren't called to die just because some evil idiot wants to pump lead into us, or slit our throats, or whatever, just for the fun of seeing someone die, or in the process of stealing us blind, or any of that.

there is only one instance where we are called to lay down our lives willingly... and that is for the sake of standing up for Jesus.

Christ came to earth for the purpose of being slaughtered by maniacs so that we could have eternal life.

we aren't called to die just because some evil idiot wants to pump lead into us, or slit our throats, or whatever, just for the fun of seeing someone die, or in the process of stealing us blind, or any of that.

there is only one instance where we are called to lay down our lives willingly... and that is for the sake of standing up for Jesus.

And if you lift your hand to strike down that evil idiot, How are you standing up for Jesus?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  02/17/1961

And if you lift your hand to strike down that evil idiot, How are you standing up for Jesus?

By living another day to carry out the word to the world.

Guest LadyC

exactly. thank you eli.

i'll add a few ways to what you said, although i doubt it will get through to godsloft.

you stand up for Jesus by being a good steward of your life.

you stand up for Jesus by staying alive to provide for your family.

you stand up for Jesus by preventing the evil maniac from slaughtering other people besides yourself.

again, Jesus did not tell us to lay down our lives for anyone who wants to kill for the sake of killing. Jesus said to lay down our live for our friends, not for our enemies. the only time we are commanded to lay down our lives before an enemy is if we are being killed for our faith.

for example.... the girl at columbine who was shot after being asked if she was a Christian. she laid down her life for God. most of the students killed that day, however, were gunned down for no reason. they didn't have to die, and if they'd been able to strike back and kill their murderers, God would have been well pleased with them, because they would have been saving the lives of others and ridding the world of two evil oppressors. want scriptures? read them. the entire Bible is chock-full of scriptures that support what i just said.

those who are opposed to self defense can justify all you want using scripture out of context that Jesus never intended for his disciples to use their swords, but the fact of the matter is, He is the one who instructed them to purchase one. His admonishments to them was when they used it inappropriately.

Wrong word. Wrong Spirit.

praise God that the gospel was written in the Spirit of Christ.

Praise God that those who belong to Christ have His Spirit.

Praise God that those of "Faith in God" Will replace those on earth who only know what they can hear, feel, see, taste and touch.

Matthew 16

25 For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it.

Romans 8

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be.

8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.

Matthew 13

41 The Son of Man will send out His messengers, and they will gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and those who practice lawlessness,

42 and will cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

43 Then the righteous will shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears to hear, let him hear!

Guest LadyC

it sounds very dangerously close to you pointing fingers at anyone who believes self-defense is justifiable and labeling them heretics or unbelievers. pretty lofty notion, godsloft.