MK202002

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  286
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Still pondering this myself. What do you guys think?

And remember SELF defense. I'm not talking about defending anyone else.

Based on the answer, I would have to change my mind on a lot of things. It's a serios thing, don't you think?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  02/18/1978

Based on the answer, I would have to change my mind on a lot of things. It's a serios thing, don't you think?

This is something I've thought a lot about. There was a group of missionaries (I think it was the group that "End of the SPear" was based on) who brought rifles for the sake of hunting, but not for defense. As one told his wife, he was prepared for death and eternity, while those to whom he was going to speak were not.

I believe this same attitude ought to be taken when it comes to self defense. My soul is prepared, and death is not a threat to me... but my killing of another to save my own life -will- condemn him, if he isn't saved (and I think it's safe to assume, if you are in a position where "self defense" is an option, he probably isn't). And let's not forget the words of Jesus: "whoever would save his life will lose it..."

Having said that, I do draw distinction between this and home and family defense, as well as national defense. I think every American citizen ought to own a gun, and be willing to fight to defend his family and his neigbors.

Guest LadyC

there is not one single passage in scripture which indicates we are not to defend our own lives against a thief, a psychopath, etc. the only thing even close is that those who die for CHRIST are blessed. since in our country at least, psychos don't go around asking you if you believe in Jesus before blowing your brains out.

Jesus told his desciples to carry a sword, and if they didn't have one, to sell their coat and buy one, because there would be difficult and dangerous times ahead in which they would need one.

that's good enough for me.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

God's most precious gift to you is YOUR OWN LIFE! You should not disrespect that gift by refusing to value and defend it.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

Shalom,

We believe in defending what G-d has given us, unless He tells us otherwise.

• Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

I think it would have to depend on the circumstances.

How about a scenario?

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

I agree...a scenario to think about would make answering a little easier. For now, though, I'll say this:

Physically, I will protect my life as much as I can without endangering my soul (ie. if I was given the choice "deny Christ or die" I like to think I'd choose to die), because we're only given one life to live before Eternity, and I think I can be of better service to the Kingdom alive.

Verbally, it depends. If I can defend myself RATIONALLY, without getting into emotional attacks, then I will. If it gets catty or otherwise emotionally driven, I'd rather just walk away. Let 'em think what they want to think.

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

God's most precious gift to you is YOUR OWN LIFE! You should not disrespect that gift by refusing to value and defend it.

:21:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  02/17/1961

This is something I've thought a lot about. There was a group of missionaries (I think it was the group that "End of the SPear" was based on) who brought rifles for the sake of hunting, but not for defense. As one told his wife, he was prepared for death and eternity, while those to whom he was going to speak were not.

I believe this same attitude ought to be taken when it comes to self defense. My soul is prepared, and death is not a threat to me... but my killing of another to save my own life -will- condemn him, if he isn't saved (and I think it's safe to assume, if you are in a position where "self defense" is an option, he probably isn't). And let's not forget the words of Jesus: "whoever would save his life will lose it..."

Having said that, I do draw distinction between this and home and family defense, as well as national defense. I think every American citizen ought to own a gun, and be willing to fight to defend his family and his neigbors.

WhaT??? Are you nuts! If someone wants to attack me and try to kill me, he's going to be taking the great celestial dirt nap before he realizes it. IF he isn't prepared to meet God then thats his problem. I have family that depends on me being alive and i am not going to be the one whos dying for a lowlife scumbag