• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  448
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/10/1981

The issue being discussed in this thread is a state rights issue. It was taken away from the states by liberal judges on the Supreme Court. That is they type of judge that Democrats support. They don't believe they are to simply interpret the Constitution, but think it is just fine to allow them the flexibility to make up laws. That is in reality a dictatorship by unelected men and women in black robes.

While I disagree with the ruling in Roe v. Wade I also disagree with the right's attack on liberal judges by saying they "legislate from the bench."

Democrats never held to a transparent government while in charge.

They do a better job than Republicans are doing today.

In addition, they only want checks and balances when they are not in charge.

Again, they do a better job than Republican do today.

Getting money and lobbying out of government? You mean like Daschelle's wife and Feinstein's husband? When it comes to such things, the Democrats are total hypocrites.

Pointing out bad Democrats does not address the issue as a whole. What party is more likely to take measures to get cut down on the amount of money and lobbying in government? I would put more trust in the Democrats.

The so-called ban on torture is a joke. Nobody was being tortured. If you call water-boarding to get information torture, I am all for torture.

I'm thinking of Bush's protestations to a mere bill banning torture.

Democrats are going beyond caring for the environment. They do everything in excess. Nobody on either side wants dirty air and water. That is just a smoke-screen issue.

You must be oblivious to the right's perpetual attack on the environment. The Bush admin has even tried to weaken the protections of things like the Clean Air Act. Republican legislation seems to largely not care about the environment at all.

Healthcare? My area is full of doctors. I don't see that as a problem. If you mean a government take-over of health care, I oppose it.

40-50 million people without health care is an issue (not sure on the exact numbers). Republicans will do nothing to address the issue while Democrats will at least try. A prefer someone who tries to do something good over someone who doesn't care at all.

You mentioned just war theory, whatever that is? We had no business getting involved in Bosnia, yet Clinton put our soldiers at risk sending them to a place where we have no national interest.

"National interest" has nothing to do with just war theory. I'll leave it for you to look up the subject but it originated with Augustine and has been important to Christianity and Western civilization. Even if we assume for the sake of argument that Clinton engaged in an unjust war he wasn't as bad as Bush is now.

I have no idea what you mean by the promotion of science. If you mean using tax dollars to give to scientists, I am opposed to that.

I mean like the Bush admin editing or ignoring the work of scientists to agree with their politics instead of molding their politics to agree with science. Or like Republican views on evolution, global warming, and embryonic stem cells. They oppose the scientific consensus largely out of ignorance and on ideological, not scientific, grounds.

You mean like the confiscation of private property to give to developers? :rolleyes: That ruling was made by the liberal wing of the court, including both of Clinton's appointees, Ginsburg and Breyer.

I may not like that ruling much but problem with eminent domain is deeper than the Supreme Court seeing as it's in the Constitution. I'm think more on the lines of civil rights/equality, the environment, free speech, and the separation of church and state. Other than abortion issues I what else is there to like about conservative justices on the Supreme Court?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,763
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  11/23/1990

Well, I would certainly prefer a government who didn't allow killing babies. Although I'm Canadian and I'm sure we don't have any laws whatsoever banning anything on abortion. We had a liberal government for a long time and the new conservative government seems to be afraid of changing things as they have a very fragile minority.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

40-50 million people without health care is an issue (not sure on the exact numbers). Republicans will do nothing to address the issue while Democrats will at least try. A prefer someone who tries to do something good over someone who doesn't care at all.

With what? Solutions like Hillarycare??!! Shudder shudder!!!

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

A nation of over 300 million and only 50 million without health care?? Not bad odds, if you ask me. Since when did health care become a right in America?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

A nation of over 300 million and only 50 million without health care?? Not bad odds, if you ask me. Since when did health care become a right in America?

And how many of that 300 million don't even belong here?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  192
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  05/16/1992

partial birth abortion is when the baby is allowed to come partly out of the moms womb and then murdered before it draws its first breath by sticking a sharp instrument into its brain.

Its grusome, inhumane, immoral and anyone performing one or allowing one to be performed on herself will have some tough questions to answer before God on Judgement day.

thank you. oh yeah i've heard of that. it's even more horrible than the regular abortion.

• Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,763
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  11/23/1990

partial birth abortion is when the baby is allowed to come partly out of the moms womb and then murdered before it draws its first breath by sticking a sharp instrument into its brain.

Its grusome, inhumane, immoral and anyone performing one or allowing one to be performed on herself will have some tough questions to answer before God on Judgement day.

thank you. oh yeah i've heard of that. it's even more horrible than the regular abortion.

My question is how anyone can possibly believe it's not murder. I have heard some descriptions of the process, apparently when the sharp instrument is stuck into it's brain, the arms (which are already out of the womb) twitch forward in shock. How can anyone possibly tell themselves it's not alive? It certainly feels pain.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

Hon,

:) That's nice... :wub:

... and we are commanded to forgive our brother correct?

IF he repents, yes. Repentance precedes forgiveness in God's will.

Luke 17:3 Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him.

Luke 17:4 And if he trespass against thee seven times in a day, and seven times in a day turn again to thee, saying, I repent; thou shalt forgive him.

Those who continue to murder innocent babies are not repenting. :24:

Abortion is no better than the pagans (and children of Israel) sacrificing their first born child to Baal in ancient times. They did so to ensure fertile crops in order to sustain their standard of life. God didn't command love but rather they suffered HIS wrath.

God is all about LOVE in the context of JUSTICE. :)

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  448
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  04/10/1981

A nation of over 300 million and only 50 million without health care?? Not bad odds, if you ask me.

It is pretty bad when you compare it to every other industrial country in the world.

Since when did health care become a right in America?

It is not a right but you'd think the richest country in world history would be able to care for the health of its citizens.

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  02/18/1978

A nation of over 300 million and only 50 million without health care?? Not bad odds, if you ask me.

It is pretty bad when you compare it to every other industrial country in the world.

Since when did health care become a right in America?

It is not a right but you'd think the richest country in world history would be able to care for the health of its citizens.

And yet, there is a constitutional right to life. I'm sorry, but theories on governance by people who can't understand this basic principal (i.e. liberals), are completely meaningless to me.