• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  163
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/05/1988

I have such rapidly changing emotions that I have anger one minute then sadness the next. I want a best friend to trust and share concerns with but I have a hard time finding one. My computer is broke and I have to do stuff at school and it just hurts not being able to talk to people. Please help me i appreciate any comments.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Put on the garments of praise for the spirit of heaviness, and let the oil of gladness pour over you...

Isaiah 61:3

and provide for those who grieve in Zion---to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the LORD for the display of his splendor.

Lift your hands toward the Father and dance before Him...

you cannot wait until you feel like doing it...do it anyway!

It helps to hear from other believers and i know i probably worry myself too much but i just want trusting friends who i can rely on.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  07/07/1964

Proverbs 4:18 The path of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn,

shining ever brighter till the full light of day.

19 But the way of the wicked is like deep darkness;

they do not know what makes them stumble.

20 My son, pay attention to what I say;

listen closely to my words.

21 Do not let them out of your sight,

keep them within your heart;

22 for they are life to those who find them

and health to a man's whole body.

23 Above all else, guard your heart,

for it is the wellspring of life.

24 Put away perversity from your mouth;

keep corrupt talk far from your lips.

25 Let your eyes look straight ahead,

fix your gaze directly before you.

26 Make level paths for your feet

and take only ways that are firm.

27 Do not swerve to the right or the left;

keep your foot from evil.

Guard your heart! A broken heart can turn into a bitter heart.

Gal 5:16So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature. 17For the sinful nature desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the sinful nature. They are in conflict with each other, so that you do not do what you want. 18But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under law.

19The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires. 25Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.

The fruit of the Lord living inside you is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Know that this emotional roller coaster you are talking about is not a mental problem.....it's an attack from the enemy. If you are a blood bought christain you can overcome this because the greater one lives in you.

I would suggest to start your overcoming of this problem by going to the throne room of God. You have access because of the blood of Jesus. Confess these things to God with a thankful heart, not a bitter one.

Phil 4:6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

It's your heart that satan is after. He attacks your heart through your mind. But if you will stand on God's word and not let any thought or imagination exalt itself above the knowledge of God, you will overcome.

God is faithful and remember all things are working for your good!!

Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

He's gonna bring you through this time and you will minister to many!! :)

I have had trouble with sin which is probably a reason why I feel lonely too. Please pray.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  57
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  04/12/1988

Lightheart. I think I might know what you're going through, there are times when I feel the exact same way.

I have no verses to give to you, or advice... but I can tell you that you aren't alone and that you aren't the only one who's had to go through this trial.

What helps me at times is this:

When I'm at home and depressed, I listen to music which makes me feel better. This can be anything from light and easy jazz, easy-going songs, to gospel music (Switchfoot has a positive effect on me).

When I'm not at home, I give the world the biggest smile I possibly can and act as possitive as possible, even when I'm hurting inside. Doing this will lead to two things, people will treat you in a positive manner and this can sometimes be enough to keep unwanted emotions at bay. Furthermore, it can rub off on you :-) . By just smiling and acting joyfull, you can become happy just because of the act (very strange but true).

Don't know if this helps... but it helps me at times. Also prayer is good. Meditate on your pleas for God and on scripture.

Edit:

Oh, and we all sin... it's something that's in our nature. But God forgives us every single time if you really are sorry. This is something I struggle with too... Sin makes me feel dirty before God. Asking forgiveness makes me clean again...

Edited by SeekerOfTruth

You seem to understand the situation I am in. I have tried to be nice and help others and that helps me but the real problem is that I haven't found a best friend my own age who can help me with struggles when I need it.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  109
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I have such rapidly changing emotions that I have anger one minute then sadness the next. I want a best friend to trust and share concerns with but I have a hard time finding one. My computer is broke and I have to do stuff at school and it just hurts not being able to talk to people. Please help me i appreciate any comments.

Eze 27:26 Thy rowers have brought thee into great waters: the east wind hath broken thee in the midst of the seas.

Pro 3:6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Psa 69:32 The humble shall see [this, and] be glad: and your heart shall live that seek God.

We all have tough times. Find the sweetness of the Word and let it comfort you; whenever the taste gets sour.

________________________________________________________________________________

Just a Thought

:)

Everlasting

Bible Inspired Author

Moon Over Key Biscayne

:24:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  07/07/1964

You seem to understand the situation I am in. I have tried to be nice and help others and that helps me but the real problem is that I haven't found a best friend my own age who can help me with struggles when I need it.

Let the Lord Jesus be your best friend........he sticks closer than a brother, he is my refuge, my strong tower, my ever present help in the time of trouble, my healer, my redeemer, my life, my fortress, my abba Father and so on!! :)

He will provide for you friends........trust him!!

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  57
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  04/12/1988

Worthy is a great place to meet wonderfull people. Join the chat sometime, it always helps to cheer me up and I've made good friends with many of Worthy's members.

:)