• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

I got to thinking about marriage and how it relates to the bible. You know the garden of eden is the first picture of Marriage, nakid and unashamed is more than just a physical thing, but an emotional thing as well. Intimacy is both too you get the picture right?

Yes that is true. One should be open before your spouse, emotionally too. The best relationships are ones that foster a sense of communication between husband and wife. Where love seems to die is when one or both partners shut themselves off from the other one.

Ok then I got to thinking about how in scripture everything is about marriage. The two witnesses (as I see them) are Moses and Elijah, which is a marriage between the Law and grace or a picture of salvation. Intresting huh?

Well, I took it one step farther and I wanted to ask you all what you think about this. You know how men are commanded to be the Leaders of the home, spiritual leaders, etc. Is that not like the Law? How about women, they are to respect their husbands (the law) but are to be the nurturers or something like Grace. Its like even normal marriage is a picture of salvation. Its all a picture of the gospel. Women are praise and worship, men are the Law.

Hmm. I will have to think on that. Its an interesting view.

So what do you all think? Am I on to something or should I just go back to watching Sprout. Hey I like that TV channel, they teach the little ones some good stuff.

Oh to be a little one again and have no worries.

It was just a bunch of things that I have been thinking about. I am not 100% certain its correct but it was pretty intresting to think about.

I agree with it. As far as my children are conserned, I am the law and of course my wife excels in grace.

It wasn't that long ago that men spoke and women nurtered. :(

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  180
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/04/1970

I got to thinking about marriage and how it relates to the bible. You know the garden of eden is the first picture of Marriage, nakid and unashamed is more than just a physical thing, but an emotional thing as well. Intimacy is both too you get the picture right?

Ok then I got to thinking about how in scripture everything is about marriage. The two witnesses (as I see them) are Moses and Elijah, which is a marriage between the Law and grace or a picture of salvation. Intresting huh?

Well, I took it one step farther and I wanted to ask you all what you think about this. You know how men are commanded to be the Leaders of the home, spiritual leaders, etc. Is that not like the Law? How about women, they are to respect their husbands (the law) but are to be the nurturers or something like Grace. Its like even normal marriage is a picture of salvation. Its all a picture of the gospel. Women are praise and worship, men are the Law.

So what do you all think? Am I on to something or should I just go back to watching Sprout. Hey I like that TV channel, they teach the little ones some good stuff.

RoseLady

I don't think anybody meant to be mean you problaly took it the wrong way...:)

You asked me if I am married and "yes" I am ,I am married for 34 years with the same husband, we do have 4 beautiful daughters and 2 grandchildren.

And "yes" men are to be the leader in the house but man and woman are equal in Gods eyes but He gave the men the job to look after us and the man is responsible for our emotiol being he has to treat us right and that would not be difficult if we are doing our job, we don't need to be a doormat and have man walk all over us.

Its called a relationship and I would never go back and thank God for my husband children and grandchildren.

PTL, Angels

Rofl now I get it. OK when I say praise and worship I mean like in a Church setting. Like a pastor and a pastors wife type role. I dont know about you but my husband could not do praise and worship music or things of that nature. He is more like the Law and intrested in things like that, he likes deep theology, I do too but it takes me longer to learn it. Me, I like music, dancing, fun stuff. Him, dancing to music.... Well, I dont see it ever happening.. Me? Heck I will dance to just about anything lol.

Thats kind of what I meant. No not the demeaning stuff where they rule over us with an iron fist. My husband rule me? ROFL! :huh: He wouldnt dare. ;) My husband in heaven (Jesus) would kick his backside.

Guess I need to get better at explaining myself before I get lynched heheehehe Sorry bout that.