• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  400
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Wow! How far off the mark.

So the blood of Jesus is incapable of cleansing us from all sin? Believing that lie will get you into a lot of trouble one Day.

Here is the problem. You do not respond to a single point I made. You just say, "You're wrong, I'm right."

I have quoted the Bible. The Bible is quite clear that no one is assured of salvation. What is so harmful about purgatory?

It doesn't matter about your single points. what matters is all of what your saying says the blood of christ is not enough. that in itself is enough to show your off the mark. WAY off the mark.

Christs blood atoned for all sin. So no one has to pay any price for sin unless they die unsaved.

Ok...where do you get that from? The Bible is VERY clear that no one is assured. We will still be judged according to our deeds. I can sit there and believe in Christ Jesus, shouting, "Lord, Lord!" But that does not assure me of salvation.

By the way, Jesus said that.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,673
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

CaritateDei,

just off curiosity before you get bombarded.

if people placed some scripture clarifying some of those verses that you have; are you

willing to break out of that purgotory belief or is it embedded so deep in you that you will not budge? ... 3xR0c|<stAr

I am very open to hearing responses and clarification.

well, I can start by asking you this:

Revelation 21:27 - Nothing unclean shall enter [heaven]

1. where do you believe this is located? ... 3xR0c|<stAr

CaritateDei,

if people placed some scripture clarifying some of those verses that you have; are you

willing to break out of that purgotory belief or is it embedded so deep in you that you will not budge? ... 3xR0c|<stAr

Heaven is outside of space and time, pal.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Hebrews 10:26-27

If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, 27but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God.

If one continues to sin after coming to Jesus, then of course, they have to face harsh judgment. Not purgatory. There is no other additional cleansing but the blood of Jesus, the Lamb of God.

If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, 27but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God.

If one continues to sin after coming to Jesus, then of course, they have to face harsh judgment. Not purgatory. There is no other additional cleansing but the blood of Jesus, the Lamb of God.

So you're without sin?

CaritateDei,

this is on earth. this is the new Jerusalem that will be rebuilt.

Reread Rev 21. I will post some verses:

2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

12 And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:

13 On the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates.

14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

18 And the building of the wall of it was of jasper: and the city was pure gold, like unto clear glass.

21 And the twelve gates were twelve pearls: every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass.

etc. etc.

Actually I have my bible at home but there is more of this discription in Isaiah and another book but I can't remember.

We are into the 1000 year reign at this point but this "heaven" is "the New Jerusalem" will be here on earth.

You said you were interested enough to read what others had to say but this is not a place that is out of "time and space."

you can maybe start sketching this out on a piece of paper to get a visual about it. ... 3xR0c|<stAr

edited to say: reread Rev 21:2 Notice how John said it is a city "out of heaven." How can heaven come out of heaven?

Edited by exrockstar

CaritateDei,

this is on earth. this is the new Jerusalem that will be rebuilt.

Reread Rev 21. I will post some verses:

2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

12 And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:

13 On the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates.

14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

18 And the building of the wall of it was of jasper: and the city was pure gold, like unto clear glass.

21 And the twelve gates were twelve pearls: every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass.

etc. etc.

Actually I have my bible at home but there is more of this discription in Isaiah and another book but I can't remember.

We are into the 1000 year reign at this point but this "heaven" is "the New Jerusalem" will be here on earth.

You said you were interested enough to read what others had to say but this is not a place that is out of "time and space."

you can maybe start sketching this out on a piece of paper to get a visual about it. ... 3xR0c|<stAr

edited to say: reread Rev 21:2 Notice how John said it is a city "out of heaven." How can heaven come out of heaven?

The new Jerusalem is symbolic of heaven after Christ has come and opened the Gates.

Right on the mark :)

You don't sin either?

The new Jerusalem is symbolic of heaven after Christ has come and opened the Gates.

I think you have made your ways.

if you ever want additional scripture of the New Jerusalem I have plenty of it. ... 3xR0c|<stAr

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  02/17/1961

Wow! How far off the mark.

So the blood of Jesus is incapable of cleansing us from all sin? Believing that lie will get you into a lot of trouble one Day.

Here is the problem. You do not respond to a single point I made. You just say, "You're wrong, I'm right."

I have quoted the Bible. The Bible is quite clear that no one is assured of salvation. What is so harmful about purgatory?

It doesn't matter about your single points. what matters is all of what your saying says the blood of christ is not enough. that in itself is enough to show your off the mark. WAY off the mark.

Christs blood atoned for all sin. So no one has to pay any price for sin unless they die unsaved.

Ok...where do you get that from? The Bible is VERY clear that no one is assured. We will still be judged according to our deeds. I can sit there and believe in Christ Jesus, shouting, "Lord, Lord!" But that does not assure me of salvation.

By the way, Jesus said that.

Wow, your not assured of your salvation? I know without a shadow of doubt, I am secure in his salvation. God promised me. Are you saying that God breaks his promises???

john 3:16, ephesians 2:8&9

Rom 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Rom 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

Rom 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Rom 5:11 And not only [so], but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

These are sealed promises of God. Sealed in Christs blood.