• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  887
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/23/1986

weird thing is, i remember posting my first response in this thread like it was just last week. my how time flies!

I can remember posting on it like it was hardly any time ago too! I'm sure it wasn't that long ago!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Sounds like her 'loving' husband and brother take her to places they ought not.........

Guest LadyC
Sounds like her 'loving' husband and brother take her to places they ought not.........

i guess you missed the question i posted to you. you're making judgements without knowing the facts... you're just assuming that since someone spiked her drink, that her family is guilty.

i hope you'll go back and read my post and respond to it.

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,072
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Birthday:  02/27/1948

Actually her "loving" husband IS very loving AND protective!

Anyway, this is all past history now, thank goodness!

And Lady C is quite right - these things can occur ANYWHERE!

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

this is common practice and many rapes has happened because of this. When I was a bartender I would warn people to keep their drinks with them always and watch. The drugs are hypnontics and can be very dangerous to mix with alcohol as well of whatever that persons normal presciptions may be it can also lowers the blood pressure and core temperature of that person. Temporary amnesia is normal. It is not safe even if you are drinking soda in a diner.

It is nationwide for it happened in Israel to a friend of mine. Luckily they were only after her passports and papers.

Here they are after more than one thing. (this was 20 yrs ago.)

• Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  2,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  01/30/1983

Okay. When I was 18 I went to a college bar with my boyfriend at the time. I had a couple drinks, but nothing major. All of a sudden I started feeling really drunk and sick and I told my boyfriend I needed to go home. So he walked me home and I was just completely out of it. I kind of remember it, but it was hazy. When I got home I threw up and then passed out.

I still don't know if I was slipped something in my drink, but my reaction to those 3 drinks was very uncharacteristic (at the time I drank A LOT).

So I dunno, I think in bars they should cover your drinks with something like they have in fast food restaurants so that someone has to go to a lot more work to try and slip you something...but that's just me.

Staying out of bars entirely is of course an even better solution to the problem...but try telling that to teens...

• Topic Count:  115
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

i guess you missed the question i posted to you. you're making judgements without knowing the facts... you're just assuming that since someone spiked her drink, that her family is guilty.

My point is: Why in the name of all wonder would someone who loves her take her to such a place?

And, by the way, I respond to LOTS of stimulae from the past. Old age makes you do all sorts of embarassing things, but then the senility kicks in, so you're not embarassed anymore! Age has it's rewards..............

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  864
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  04/22/1954

Ah :blink:

Guest LadyC

My point is: Why in the name of all wonder would someone who loves her take her to such a place?

And, by the way, I respond to LOTS of stimulae from the past. Old age makes you do all sorts of embarassing things, but then the senility kicks in, so you're not embarassed anymore! Age has it's rewards..............

you're still not getting what i'm saying. for all we know, since she hasn't told us, this may very well have happened at burger king. gee, why WOULD someone who loves her take her to such a place?

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,072
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Birthday:  02/27/1948

Well actually they were in a Rock Club, not ideal in my opinion but they are young and not Christians so I don't think it is appropriate to judge them, or to feel that they were foolish going there. I also agree again that drug spiking can happen anywhere as in the example given about the restaurant. I don't think her husband or brother should be judged for taking here there. They were just young people on a night out and certainly weren't looking for trouble. They happen to like rock music.

This happened a year ago now so I think it has run its course.