• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,072
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/27/1948

My younger daughter was out with her husband and brother on Saturday. She had 2 drinks and then knew nothing more until 10.00 am the next day. She wasn't drunk and had to ask her husband what happened. Apparently she was perfectly OK one moment, then when her husband came back to her after a few minutes there was another man trying it on with her and she had passed out. They pulled him off and got her home. She was unable to walk and was sick several times. She also remembers absolutely nothing. Today she is still ill, has slept a lot and feels as all her insides have been torn out.

They have reported it to the police. Does anyone know about the best way to recover from this, or any long term effects. She has just started a new job and needs to be there tomorrow. Fortunately today was a public holiday so she's had another day to recover. Would also appreciate your prayers for her.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

Here's some information that may help:

http://teenadvice.about.com/library/weekly/aa062502a.htm

It's hard to tell what kind of drug may have been slipped into her drink, but this site, and some others, give a pretty good picture of the situation.

Hope this helps,

t.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

PLease take her to the hosp for blood tests asap.

Is sure sounds she was drugged and the dr can help you best in this. The dr will know waht to do for her and if any further problems arise from it for her health.

in my prayers,

elkie

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  120
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  06/04/1971

I would take her to dr's too. Sounds like the creep in the bar was up to something. If her hubby can give a description of the guy to the police, and the bar employees know him, they may be able to go after him. She was lucky to have witnesses, most women don't.

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,072
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  02/27/1948

She's rung the police and has been waiting all day for them to come (and they still haven't). I've told her to ring NHS Direct. Unfortunately it's a public holiday here and it's really hard getting hold of a doctor. She doesn't live with me so I can't take her and she's still waiting in for the police.

We really have rubbish service from both police and medical services in big cities at the moment! Neither of them seem to turn out unless it's a matter of life or death! (and even then you can't rely on them!)

Guest LadyC

she was most likely slipped a rufie... and should have been taken in to the ER for immediate blood tests. hindsight is always 20/20.... by NOW there will be nothing left in her blood to detect if it was the date rape drug, and it will be nearly impossible to bring a case against the perpetrator because there will be no evidence that he did anything wrong.

there are no long-term effects. she'll never remember the details of last night, but that will be the only part of her memory that is affected.

my oldest daughter was slipped a rufie when she was 15, when she and a few friends left a school dance to go to mcdonalds. she could remember every moment up til then. they went thru the drive-thru, the person driving ordered everyone sodas, and probably slipped it into her drink before passing it to her. she does not remember going into the convenience store around the corner five minutes later to buy a pack of gum. (we were told that by the employee at the store.) she does not remember them being pulled over for having a headlight out five miles away. she does not remember being taken to a house where lots of people were drinking. she does not remember leaving there shortly after when her friend, the driver, took her back to HER house where my daughter was supposed to be spending the night. she does not remember the police showing up there, with me and my husband close behind, she does not remember the officer giving her a sobriety test, does not remember us telling her we were pulling her out of the colour-guard and all other extra-curricular activities.

the next thing she DID remember was waking up the next morning, bouncing in like nothing was wrong to talk to me about the dance, and being totally dumbfounded when i "reminded" her that we'd pulled her from colour-guard. she didn't know WHY, asked what she'd done, and when i told her she'd been totally plastered the night before from alcohol, she had no clue what i was talking about.

we called the cops at that point, and were told that rufies mimick intoxication, and that we should take her to the ER for blood tests. when we got there, the hospital informed us that the drug exits the body within a few hours and there would be nothing left to detect.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I'm sorry, I don't have any information on that subject, I will definitely add your daughter to my prayers though.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

I would be furious and looking for the culpret to did it. What if your daughter had some medical condition? It could have killed her. I just dont' get some people now a days. what are they thinking.?

• Topic Count:  115
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

I would be furious at her husband an brother for taking her into the sort of an environment where such indignities could be forced upon her. If that happened to my daughter, I'm afraid my son-in-law would be getting a little more than a swift kick in the butt!!!!

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

I'm just glad her husband was there to get her home safely...it's one of the reasons why I've never had a drink without someone being there that I could trust with my life.