Mankind is a 'virus' and we need to 're-wild the planet.&#

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Apparently, saving the whales is more important than saving 5.5 billion people. Paul Watson, founder and president of the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society and famous for militant intervention to stop whalers, now warns mankind is

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1978

Save the planet! Lock Paul Watson in a rubber room!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  613
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  04/02/1959

No wonder I,v never heard of this person!!!!!! May the Lord Jesus open his eyes and ears to the one and only truth

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  57
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  04/12/1988

I agree that the world is getting more messed up every day and that we humans (and of course the result of our sin) are to blame.

We use up natural resources, move to a new location, use up more natural resources (endless cycle). Though I wouldn't call you or me a virus or anything similar, the total effect of humanity's presence on the earth is similar to that of a parasite. We use up more than we can give back!

I do believe that this guy's ideas are too radical. I hope that the world will become more conscious of the fact that we're messing up our greatest gift, the planet earth, and that bigger steps are taken in order to lessen the load on our precious planet.

But once again, this guy is taking it too far.

Edited by SeekerOfTruth

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

The planet and this whole Creation were made for mankind. Mankind is not a virus here. Mankind is the Saving Grace of this Planet.

Jesus Christ is a man. :emot-questioned:

Ro

Guest Biblicist

Isn't that sad? No wonder kids go around killing each other and themselves. What is the reason for living if you are considered a virus?

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

Mankind has done more to preserve this planet than nature has, so I don't know what the problem is.

With agriculture, national parks, controlled burns, saving lost dolphins and drowning deer, feeding and caring for the injured and weak in nature, protecting specific species, etc. I could go on, but do we really need to?

I guess we can have mankind write up a Resume', then compare it to nature's resume'.

Radical environmentalists are great hipocrits, they call mankind a virus for co-existing with the Earth, so what are they? The antidote, vaccine?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  183
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,892
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  09/07/1985

I have a background in ecology and, where I studied, it was no secret that urban communities (as well as agriculture-intensive rural communities) have a devastating effect on the Earth. Humans have proliferated at a rate that challenges the Earth's natural resources. You can call it viral if you want, but I think that term is a little misleading and more than a little pessimistic.

Calling humans viral implies that humans are, by nature, super-prolific and destructive. It implies humans can't change their ways, that humans will never be able to live in harmony with the Earth. While it is true modern humans have ravaged the Earth, it hasn't always been this way and, frankly, it doesn't have to. The population is going down in Europe, Australia, and elsewhere. Many of these same places are become more Earth-friendly, reducing consumption and pollution. Remember the ozone layer problem? Yeah, we basically fixed it. I don't think our population problem is beyond repair either; it just requires us to change our ways.

We don't have to act like viruses, but our ignorance and our greed encourages it. We get indignant when we are asked to change our ways, heck, the American way, but we don't realize it's in our best interest. In fact, it's inevitable. The current American lifestyle is not sustainable. I sincerely hope our species will clean up our act before it is too late. I have faith we can.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  01/27/1964

The current American lifestyle is not sustainable. I sincerely hope our species will clean up our act before it is too late. I have faith we can.

I am curious as to how you live differently than the rest of us. And, personally, I find referring to those created in the form and likeness of almighty God as a "species" to be highly offensive.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

The current American lifestyle is not sustainable. I sincerely hope our species will clean up our act before it is too late. I have faith we can.

I am curious as to how you live differently than the rest of us. And, personally, I find referring to those created in the form and likeness of almighty God as a "species" to be highly offensive.

If we're not a species, then what are we? :emot-eek: