• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

I have to agree that the planet is getting overcrowded. It may be managable now, but eventually we will simply run out of room, have no space for plants that are necessary for our oxygen, and use up our resources. The time to do something about it is not when the crisis is already upon us, but beforehand. And I know this never happens. As For a solution, I don't have one.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

I have to agree that the planet is getting overcrowded. It may be managable now, but eventually we will simply run out of room, have no space for plants that are necessary for our oxygen, and use up our resources. The time to do something about it is not when the crisis is already upon us, but beforehand. And I know this never happens. As For a solution, I don't have one.

Have you ever driven through the midwest? An overcrowded planet will not happen in our children's, grandchildren's or great grandchildren's lifetimes.

If you complain about the planet being overcrowded, who do we get rid of first? You, or some poor, illiterate and diseased human being before we get to you?

You cannot objectively say that the planet is being overcrowded and we need to do something about it. You're part of the problem, just by living, just like everyone of us is "the problem". Besides, all true Christians know that the world will not become overpopulated, in fact, it will reach a point in which the human race will be an endangered species. Remember 2/3 of the world will be destroyed during the Tribulation. The rest of the human race will be on the verge of extinction before Christ intervenes and saves what's left.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Have you ever driven through the midwest? An overcrowded planet will not happen in our children's, grandchildren's or great grandchildren's lifetimes.

No kidding! How about Canada??? Everybody (almost) lives along the US/Canada border! There's hundreds and hundreds (thousands likely) of square kilometers of wilderness not yet settled.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  183
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,892
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  09/07/1985

Marnie, the EU and East\SE Asia are leading clean technologies as well as technology in general, these days. But you're right our universities are still the best in the world and, not surprisingly, you'll find loads of international students in all the best.

If you complain about the planet being overcrowded, who do we get rid of first? You, or some poor, illiterate and diseased human being before we get to you?

I am not going to have biological children. There are enough people on the planet and enough kids in need of parents. When my wife and I decide to begin a family, we will adopt.

You cannot objectively say that the planet is being overcrowded and we need to do something about it. You're part of the problem, just by living, just like everyone of us is "the problem".

No one can say it objectively, but we should all be saying it. Admission of a personal problem is the first step to a solution. We have spent far too long already ignored the fact the world population is increasing exponentially.

Besides, all true Christians know that the world will not become overpopulated, in fact, it will reach a point in which the human race will be an endangered species. Remember 2/3 of the world will be destroyed during the Tribulation. The rest of the human race will be on the verge of extinction before Christ intervenes and saves what's left.

We won't overpopulate ourselves into extinction, as that has not be prophesied, but we can put ourselves into a state of plague, poverty, and ruin. Diseases can easily devastate such dense populations as humans, especially this jetset society which can take a pathogen global in a matter of days. The Bible assures us we won't all be killed this way, but that meager assurance is no grounds for complacency.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

Marnie, the EU and East\SE Asia are leading clean technologies as well as technology in general, these days. But you're right our universities are still the best in the world and, not surprisingly, you'll find loads of international students in all the best.

I am not going to have biological children. There are enough people on the planet and enough kids in need of parents. When my wife and I decide to begin a family, we will adopt.

You cannot objectively say that the planet is being overcrowded and we need to do something about it. You're part of the problem, just by living, just like everyone of us is "the problem".

No one can say it objectively, but we should all be saying it. Admission of a personal problem is the first step to a solution. We have spent far too long already ignored the fact the world population is increasing exponentially.

Besides, all true Christians know that the world will not become overpopulated, in fact, it will reach a point in which the human race will be an endangered species. Remember 2/3 of the world will be destroyed during the Tribulation. The rest of the human race will be on the verge of extinction before Christ intervenes and saves what's left.

We won't overpopulate ourselves into extinction, as that has not be prophesied, but we can put ourselves into a state of plague, poverty, and ruin. Diseases can easily devastate such dense populations as humans, especially this jetset society which can take a pathogen global in a matter of days. The Bible assures us we won't all be killed this way, but that meager assurance is no grounds for complacency.

The Word of God is by no means meager. That would kind've doubt His omniscience, omnipotence and omnipresence.

• Topic Count:  183
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,892
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  09/07/1985

The Word of God is by no means meager. That would kind've doubt His omniscience, omnipotence and omnipresence.

Of course it isn't meager. But the assurance that people will still be around for the second coming does not mean "Run wild! Overpopulate! God will take care of everything!" It only ensures some people will be around to see it. By no means does it say overpopulation is an issue we shouldn't be concerned about, which is what it appears you are saying.

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  1,763
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  11/23/1990

Mankind certainly is acting like a virus. But that is a little radical. A population under 1 billion? No. Call me crazy, but seeing as 6.6 billion is above 1 billion... that would involve mass slaughter. So like I said, no. Instead we need stronger environmental policies. I agree we need drastic changes in our lifestyles, but we definatly don't need to kill billions of people. This is what I think should happen.

-Ban lawns. Yes, you heard me right. Our beautiful green water guzzling lawns. Plant natural plants so we don't have to spray valuable water all over them.

-Stop washing our cars so much. I haven't washed my car in 4 months and I actually get comments about how clean it is. Nothing like rain for cleaning a car. And besides, if we all quit, everyone would have dirty cars together.

-All new cars produced must be hybrids. Obviously people can't all afford hybrids now. But if we start making nothing but right now, then in 10-15 years the used cars everyone can afford will be hybrids. We have to get that one into effect NOW as not everyone can afford a $40,000 car.

-Some kind of major reform to grocery stores, so much food is wasted. That is food we have to waste valuable resources to produce. We should all move towards cheaper (and healthier) diets that focus less on meat. And we should do that by cutting down what is available in grocery stores. Pump up meat prices, cut everything else down and try to stick to local products. The rest of the world doesn't even have food some days, why should we get every food item imaginable?

Anyways, I have so many ideas for this. I admit I am becoming quite an environmentalist lately. The point is, we don't need to slaughter people to save the planet. We just need to change our lifestyle. And who knows, maybe Jesus will return soon enough that we don't need to worry about it.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  448
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  04/10/1981

Mankind certainly is acting like a virus. But that is a little radical. A population under 1 billion? No. Call me crazy, but seeing as 6.6 billion is above 1 billion... that would involve mass slaughter.

Lowering the human population would help though and killing is not necessary to do it. Many parts of the first world already have birth rates below replacement levels. If, for example, each woman only had one child the population of earth would go down over time and no one would be killed. Clearly such a policy would be quite unpopular (at least now) but if you had to choose between having only one child or living in an overpopulated world where millions or billions die because of our maltreatment of the environment I think the solution is obvious.

Ban lawns. Yes, you heard me right. Our beautiful green water guzzling lawns. Plant natural plants so we don't have to spray valuable water all over them.

Banning lawns would also remove the need to run lawn mowers and other such machines.

All new cars produced must be hybrids. Obviously people can't all afford hybrids now. But if we start making nothing but right now, then in 10-15 years the used cars everyone can afford will be hybrids. We have to get that one into effect NOW as not everyone can afford a $40,000 car.

The price of hybrids will go down over time though as we will learn to build them more efficiently.

Anyways, I have so many ideas for this.

I like your platform. When will you be running for office? :P

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  02/18/1978

Mankind certainly is acting like a virus. But that is a little radical. A population under 1 billion? No. Call me crazy, but seeing as 6.6 billion is above 1 billion... that would involve mass slaughter. So like I said, no. Instead we need stronger environmental policies. I agree we need drastic changes in our lifestyles, but we definatly don't need to kill billions of people. This is what I think should happen.

-Ban lawns. Yes, you heard me right. Our beautiful green water guzzling lawns. Plant natural plants so we don't have to spray valuable water all over them.

-Stop washing our cars so much. I haven't washed my car in 4 months and I actually get comments about how clean it is. Nothing like rain for cleaning a car. And besides, if we all quit, everyone would have dirty cars together.

-All new cars produced must be hybrids. Obviously people can't all afford hybrids now. But if we start making nothing but right now, then in 10-15 years the used cars everyone can afford will be hybrids. We have to get that one into effect NOW as not everyone can afford a $40,000 car.

-Some kind of major reform to grocery stores, so much food is wasted. That is food we have to waste valuable resources to produce. We should all move towards cheaper (and healthier) diets that focus less on meat. And we should do that by cutting down what is available in grocery stores. Pump up meat prices, cut everything else down and try to stick to local products. The rest of the world doesn't even have food some days, why should we get every food item imaginable?

Anyways, I have so many ideas for this. I admit I am becoming quite an environmentalist lately. The point is, we don't need to slaughter people to save the planet. We just need to change our lifestyle. And who knows, maybe Jesus will return soon enough that we don't need to worry about it.

The implications of your "policy reform" are further-reaching than just the environment. I think you need to fully think about the ramifications before you start just cutting people's freedoms.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  02/17/1961

The implications of your "policy reform" are further-reaching than just the environment. I think you need to fully think about the ramifications before you start just cutting people's freedoms.

OMG Yes you are sooo right! It's simple, the earth is fine. Mankind will not destroy the earth, that is reserved for God himself when he creates a new heaven and new earth.

Besides, when he comes again, the earth will recover, population will decrease by at least 1/2. Its not going to be anything that he can't handle.