Can someone be a "saved" Christian and give merit to evoluti

undone

Too bad you would be the last person I would hold up as a model Christian
:emot-handshake:

Bless Your Heart

I agree with you Myco!

I'm far from perfect!

Faith To Faith

For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
Romans 1:17

Trials Of Faith

That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:
1 Peter 1:7

My Prayer For You Is You Will Truly See And Believe The Bible's Account of God The Creator And Of His Creation.

The Creator

And the angel which I saw stand upon the sea and upon the earth lifted up his hand to heaven, And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer:
Revelation 10:5-6

And I Trust The Same One For Your Salvation As I Trust For Mine.

Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.
Jude 1:24-25

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them.

Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

PS:

Wonderful Scriptures You Posted.

I Am Sure Thankful You Cared Enough To Post The Very Best.

I Really Need To Read Those Words Of Life And Love And Warning From My Beloved Lord And Master!

As You Post, Please Post More Scriptures.

Be Blessed Beloved.

Thank You.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  679
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

More squeak, squeaks! Just taking another peek! I see that we are still discussing the merits or otherwise of evolution and not whether someone can be a "saved" Christian and still give merit to evolution - the OP.

I'll return when the debate is back on track.

For the time being, blessings in Jesus,

Ruth

Well I'll answer your question since I'll be ignoring HE. I would say the answer is yes. The reason is that as I and others have asked HE, is the creation timeline 6 literal days or not. Did Noah get everything on the Ark? Are there two creation stories in Genesis?

The answers are really irrelevant because you can find multiple interpretations. Therefore, in light of some of these major issues being subject to interpretation, why is evolution not part of that mix? Last I checked, there was no final judge as to who has the correct version of the bible. And if there were a correct understanding we would have no denominations, and no need for bible study. Everything would be crystal clear and unambiguous.

Stacy=june 4 2007

John 3;16 will explain the salvation part of your question 'methinkshe' if you are a bible believer, So if you want to believe in evolution you can if you want to. But I think your taking christianity out of context. Being a Christian is a journey of its own. As you learn more about God and begain to blieve in him more, the evolution therory takes on a life of its own. evolve- to cause to come forth qradually into being, develop. I have a question for you 'methinkshe' do you believe you evolved from an animal. love stacy

Absolutely not! I gave my opinion in Post #125. My "squeak, squeak" post was just an attempt to get the debate back on track and answer the original question posed by undone.

Thank you, anyway, for taking the time to respond.

In Jesus,

Ruth

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  819
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

It appears that the answer to the main question in the OP is somewhat answered this way:

Yes, it it possible for someone to be saved who gives merit to evolution.

But once saved and someone begins to truly examine the scriptures that are used to save them, they will be hard pressed to cling to any notion that evolution explains anything about our existence.

I thank everyone who has posted in this thread. It has been interesting, enlightening, and at times entertaining to read. I'm not necessarily requesting that this thread be closed. I just want to extend a thanks to everyone for the hard work that goes into doing this. I know it can be time consuming to do the research necessary to respond.

For me, I am a literal creationist who will cling to the Word of God until the end. Evolution, as it stands today, has too may holes in to it lay claim on any part of my world view. Are there questions that exist that the bible doesn't definitively answer? Yes, and it will have to remain that way because no other current world view gains my confidence or gives me comfort.

Blessings,

Undone