undone

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  679
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

Squeak! Squeak! Should not the specific merits or otherwise of evolutionary theory be discussed in another thread other than one that is entitled "Can someone be a "saved" Christian and give merit to evolution? I think the OP is valid and worthy of discussion, yet we have ended up discussing the supposed evolutionary lineage of the horse. I truly believe that this, too, is an important discussion, but it is not the one that was being addressed in the OP. Is there any chance that this side-track could be hived off into a thread of its own so that we could continue the debate in terms of the OP?

In Jesus,

Ruth

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Squeak! Squeak!

:):emot-questioned::whistling:

I wonder if it was a fellow who invented WD-40 :thumbsup:

You Go Sis!

Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen.
1 John 5:21

{{{ you will never arrive at the truth }}}

:th_praying::noidea::24:

I Believe He Already Found It!

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
John 14:6

Are You A Fake Or Are You True? All It Takes Is The Open Heart Of A True Seeker

And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.
Jeremiah 29:13

Evolution Leads To Death - Jesus Leads To Life

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly
John 10:10

Evolution Will Keep No One From The Judgment

And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.
Hebrews 9:27-28

Only God Can Open Eyes to See Jesus.

Yet the LORD hath not given you an heart to perceive, and eyes to see, and ears to hear, unto this day.
Deuteronomy 29:4

Listen

Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
Revelation 3:20

Be Still

Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
Psalms 46:10

Believe

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:16

See Jesus And Be Blessed

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them.

Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Joe

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

To go from a rabbit to a Clydesdales may require a stretch of the imagination that many do not want to embark on.

:thumbsup: Yet another flawed argument. A Clydesdale is a darn big horse, but this horse is a mere 18 inches tall, and is still not the smallest horse (which is only 12 inches tall):

a>

They intentionally breed them to be that small. :73_73:

:o

However, since you don't know anything about science, it was a nice try.
:24::24::24:

Name Calling? How Scientific.... :wub::th_wave::)

What do you desire to know about our Christian beliefs at Worthy?

It Appears.......

You do not believe a Christian can be saved and give merit to evolution?

You do not believe a Christian can be saved?

You do not believe there is Salvation?

You do not believe?

It Appears.......

You believe science without evolution is not science?

You believe evolution is the reason men see and rainbows be?

Evolution made planets form and gave the living life?

Evolution makes airplanes fly?

And girls sigh?

Silly guy! :24::24::24:

Are you a seeker or.......

Are you here to mock believers?

Showing contempt for science?

Spitting vitriol upon Holy Writ?

Have You Not Heard?

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Genesis 1:1

And

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The same was in the beginning with God.

All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

John 1:1-3

And

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
John 1:14

And The Heart of God

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

A man who instances fable is truth and Truth is fable is a fool of the first order!

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good.

God looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, that did seek God.

Every one of them is gone back: they are altogether become filthy; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

Have the workers of iniquity no knowledge? who eat up my people as they eat bread: they have not called upon God.

There were they in great fear, where no fear was: for God hath scattered the bones of him that encampeth against thee: thou hast put them to shame, because God hath despised them.

Oh that the salvation of Israel were come out of Zion! When God bringeth back the captivity of his people, Jacob shall rejoice, and Israel shall be glad.

Psalms 53

Oh Lost One Who Howls Against The Light and Prowls The Halls Of Worthy.

See Jesus And Be Blessed.

Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Joe

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  679
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

More squeak, squeaks! Just taking another peek! I see that we are still discussing the merits or otherwise of evolution and not whether someone can be a "saved" Christian and still give merit to evolution - the OP.

I'll return when the debate is back on track.

For the time being, blessings in Jesus,

Ruth

Guest Stacy mills

More squeak, squeaks! Just taking another peek! I see that we are still discussing the merits or otherwise of evolution and not whether someone can be a "saved" Christian and still give merit to evolution - the OP.

Ruth

Well I'll answer your question since I'll be ignoring HE. I would say the answer is yes. The reason is that as I and others have asked HE, is the creation timeline 6 literal days or not. Did Noah get everything on the Ark? Are there two creation stories in Genesis?

The answers are really irrelevant because you can find multiple interpretations. Therefore, in light of some of these major issues being subject to interpretation, why is evolution not part of that mix? Last I checked, there was no final judge as to who has the correct version of the bible. And if there were a correct understanding we would have no denominations, and no need for bible study. Everything would be crystal clear and unambiguous.

Guest Stacy mills

Ruth

Well I'll answer your question since I'll be ignoring HE. I would say the answer is yes. The reason is that as I and others have asked HE, is the creation timeline 6 literal days or not. Did Noah get everything on the Ark? Are there two creation stories in Genesis?

The answers are really irrelevant because you can find multiple interpretations. Therefore, in light of some of these major issues being subject to interpretation, why is evolution not part of that mix? Last I checked, there was no final judge as to who has the correct version of the bible. And if there were a correct understanding we would have no denominations, and no need for bible study. Everything would be crystal clear and unambiguous.

Stacy=june 4 2007

John 3;16 will explain the salvation part of your question 'methinkshe' if you are a bible believer, So if you want to believe in evolution you can if you want to. But I think your taking christianity out of context. Being a Christian is a journey of its own. As you learn more about God and begain to blieve in him more, the evolution therory takes on a life of its own. evolve- to cause to come forth qradually into being, develop. I have a question for you 'methinkshe' do you believe you evolved from an animal. love stacy

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/15/1986

i suppose the matter hangs on whether your a literalist or wether your an interpretest

:th_praying:

You Really Think Man's Knowledge Is Equal To Or Better Than God?

"And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made."

Genesis 2:2-3

Got Faith

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him."

Hebrews 11:6

why is evolution not part of that mix?

:th_praying::th_praying::angel2:

Consider

When any man places man's fables above The Written Word of God did he just traded The Savior in for an idol?

Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen.
1 John 5:21

If you are truly a Christian do you think you will ever leave Godlessness evolution when you hear your Master's Voice?

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

If you are a "Christian" and if you agree with the hated of Godless evolutionists toward The Bible and toward The Lord Jesus Christ, are you are in grave danger of falling away and joining these God Haters forever?

For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Hebrews 6:4-6

My passion for science goes back to 1953.

My love affair with The Lord Jesus goes back to 1949 and He never left me nor did He ever forsake me.

I did not question evolution until 1980 or so.

What finally caught my attention was the increasingly vile use of evolution and of science fiction in general to sneer at Jesus and to mock The Holy Blood shed at Calvary.

This deeply wounded my heart and caused a real hard and sober look at both evolution and science.

I found to my amazement evolution has No foundation in science.

I found it to be a fable based on statements of magical mythical forces who's workings in This Universe are unknown to man and science.

The more science shows God's Creation, the more laughable "simple to complex" evolution-the-comic-book-for-atheists becomes.

You can't verify it.

You can call variances in a species evolution but that is just a word game used to misdirect attention from the fact that evolution has no merit whatever in science or life.

You can design nothing with evolution!

You can fight no war with evolution!

You can save no planet with evolution!

Billy Boy, You can't even bake a cherry pie with evolution.

In my limited real life experience facing the guns of two Godless countries at "cold" war with The US, I observed evolution used in two ways.

It's believers mock God.

Even on Worthy, they still do!

It's believers used it to justify any atrocities or Holocaust as a "nature" evolutionary process and they were right in doing their "scientific" wet work to help mankind.

But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.
Matthew 18:6

Term Of Service

The outer Court is an area where we allow anyone who wishes to learn more about our belief to ask questions and learn. Those who join Worthy who do not claim Christ as Savior will be designated "nonbeliever'. This designation will mean that they will only be able to post in the Outer Court area. They can read every part of the Forums, but their discussions will be limited to one area.

Evolution = No Creator = No Sin = No Law = No Savior = No Hope = Death Rules = Lies of Satan

Preacher of Evolution = Mocker of The Bible = Mocker of The Lord Jesus = Satan's Voice?

He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.
Matthew 12:30

Got Jesus - Show Jesus

Myco, you who appear say man's knowledge is on par with God and overrides The Bible.

Are you at Worthy as hunter?

Are you at Worthy as a seeker of Truth?

Are you at Worthy as a believer in love with The Lord Jesus?

Do you seek to "turn" believers with your Sermonetts of unscientific lies about Beginnings and Jesus The Creator?

Do you seek to share The Gospel of The Lord Jesus?

Do you seek Jesus?

Do you truly believe your prideful mocking of folks who have both scientific educations And The Love of The Lord will lend more weight to your canned atheistic lies about Creation and The Creator?

Are you an unrepentant preacher of Godless evolution?

Are you here to learn of Jesus The Creator?

Are you here to mock The Lord?

Jesus The Creator

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

[The same was in the beginning with God.

All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

John 1:1-3

Jesus The Savor

Numbers 6:24:27

Love, Joe