• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  146
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,308
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

Just thought I'd post these:

Genesis 2:18 (King James Version)

18And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

Genesis 2:23 (King James Version)

23And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.

Timothy 2:9-14 (King James Version)

9In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;

10But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.

11Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.

12But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

13For Adam was first formed, then Eve.

14And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

1 Corinthians 11:3 (King James Version)

3But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

Ephesians 5:22-33 (King James Version)

22Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

23For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

24Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

25Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

26That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

27That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

28So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.

29For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:

30For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

31For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

32This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

33Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.

Colossians 3:18-21 (New International Version)

Rules for Christian Households

18Wives, submit to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord.

19Husbands, love your wives and do not be harsh with them.

20Children, obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord.

21Fathers, do not embitter your children, or they will become discouraged.

Titus 2:3-5 (King James Version)

3The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;

4That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,

5To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.

1 Peter 3:1-7 (King James Version)

1Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives;

2While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear.

3Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;

4But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.

5For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands:

6Even as Sara obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose daughters ye are, as long as ye do well, and are not afraid with any amazement.

7Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.

And in response to anymore warped kephale arguments, (Note that I shortened AK's post to this specific part, AK wrote more)

Everyone keeps arguing that kephale means "source" or "origin." This commits the error of "semantic obsolescence." In Classical Greek, even in Classical Greek lexicons (such as LSJ), kephale DOES mean "source." However, the New Testament was composed quite a few centuries after the Classical period, and was written in Koine Greek, not Classical Greek. By the time the Bible was written in Koine Greek, kephale had changed from "source" to "authority."

Thus, any argument saying that kephale means "origin" is based upon an earlier meaning of the word and not the meaning of the word at that time.

I dont think I can ever post these too many times. Some of us seem to rely too much on human reasoning.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,980
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

Firehill, how come you never post the verses you are posting about? You define the verse, but then dont post the verse. :emot-highfive:

I've repeatedly posted them in my last posts. Your not reading my them with a watchful eye. :thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

:thumbsup: As I watch godly marriages around me, I begin to see what a beautiful picture it is when both the husband and wife operate within the roles God intended (and not kicking against them). I've seen marriages where men fail to lead and women try to take charge, and I've seen marriages that are supposedly "equal" in leadership. But none of these adequately display the picture that God intended (an imitation of Christ and the Church). It all boils down to trust. When you trust someone, you can obey them without fear. If a man loves his wife like Christ loved the church, he will lead her in a way that is best for HER, and best for their family. He will be unselfish, giving, protecting, self-sacrificing (JUST LIKE CHRIST!). And when a woman loves her husband the way the Church should love Christ, she is willing to yield, trust and obey because she understands he is putting her needs ahead of his own. When these things take place, these types of marriages are a testimony to the world....especially in a day and age when everyone is just looking out for number one and most marriages consist of two people on individual paths but merely co-existing.

Exactly, Kabowd. Very insightful of you! :emot-highfive:

Those who have been arguing against this beautiful Divine plan for marriage may not have ever experienced this kind of love. It is understandable that they may not be willing to submit to a husband who does not love as Christ loves. :wub:

Yes, it is understandable, but not impossible - with God all things are possible. Inasmuch as doing so does not contradict God's Word it IS possible to submit to a non-believing husband, with God's grace. What I cannot understand is how those wives who have the blessing of a believing husband cannot enjoy their elevated status - loved as Christ loves the church. What more could one ask for?

Ruth

Interesting point, Ruth. What does Scripture say about a wife with a non-believing husband?

My assumption is that Paul is addressing believers; so is talking about a Christian husband and Christian wife.

Must a Christian wife submit to a husband who is a non-believer? I need to study this a little more.

Peace,

Fiosh

:)

According to 1 Peter 3:1, a wife that obeys a non-believing husband can win him to the Lord by her behavior. ;)

:noidea:

Firehill, how come you never post the verses you are posting about? You define the verse, but then dont post the verse. :emot-highfive:

I've repeatedly posted them in my last posts. Your not reading my posts. :thumbsup:

I am reading many, many posts where you define the verse without posting the verse.

So most of us can read apparently and can see that in 1 Co 11:3 Paul wrote that the head of EVERY ('EVERY means 'EVERY' married or not) man (secular or saved, SEE vv.7, 8, 12, 14) is Christ and that the head of the woman (married or not, secular or saved, SEE vv.7, 8, 12, 14, & 15 ) is the man.

Have you ever taken a reading comprehension class Firehill? Ovedya and I have been arguing successfully that Christ is the head of every SAVED man. You just keep ignoring it and rely on your presuppositions.

The entire passage is speaking of men and women in general regarding covering up, not covering up, long hair, short hair, being the glory of God, being the glory of man etc etc and even man and woman at creation. All these things APPLY to men and women in general not JUST saved men and women. Therefore even though the entire passage speaks of men and women in general you would argue that v.3 is only speaking of saved man and woman? :emot-highfive:

Besides, even starting with the point that Paul is speaking of saved men and women and NOT EXCLUSIVELY MARRIED men and women problems still arise.

How is it that the head of EVERY man (saved, married or not) is Christ while he is the head of the church which IS EVERY SAVED man and woman while also the head of the woman (saved married or not) is man (11:3, not husband!)? Since Paul is not speaking about married men and women but saved men and women only in v.3 (according to you) then how is it that just MAN other then the husband is the head of the woman as Paul says in v.3? :thumbsup:

The entire passage doesn't talk about men and women in general. It talks about how they're supposed to act within Church.

Regardless, as I've stated, you're done in this debate. You have dropped the kephale debate because you can't respond to it.

Well we can thank the feminist that women have the right to vote and get equal pay for equal jobs, they aren't entirely evil.

Husbands love your wifes as Christ loved the church. What did Jesus say? "I came to serve not to be served." "The greatest among you shall be the servant of all." Then the creator of the universe bent down and washed the disciples dirty feet. The power struggle authority attitude is wrong wrong wrong and not what Jesus taught. We are to submit to each other also, if a man is serving his wife and she is serving him there will be no power struggle. If we, as Christians, male or female, are fighting for the number one spot, demanding our authority, then we are not following Jesus' example and teachings.

Well said. :emot-highfive:

Well we can thank the feminist that women have the right to vote and get equal pay for equal jobs, they aren't entirely evil.

Husbands love your wifes as Christ loved the church. What did Jesus say? "I came to serve not to be served." "The greatest among you shall be the servant of all." Then the creator of the universe bent down and washed the disciples dirty feet. The power struggle authority attitude is wrong wrong wrong and not what Jesus taught. We are to submit to each other also, if a man is serving his wife and she is serving him there will be no power struggle. If we, as Christians, male or female, are fighting for the number one spot, demanding our authority, then we are not following Jesus' example and teachings.

Well said. :emot-highfive:

Can you back this up with scripture that agrees with you that husbands and wives are to both submit to each other? Scroll up to the post at the very top of this page, and you will find plenty of scripture that completely contradicts with everything you said, except that husbands are to indeed love their wives.

Firehill, you haven't responded to the following. You're merely repeating yourself. Here, respond to all this or admit you're wrong:

Because he's trying to make a point about how men and women should act within church. Are you seriously telling me that Paul, the first Christian philosopher/logician (aside from Jesus Christ, who was God in human flesh), has a lapse in his thinking? In chapter 10, 12, and 13, he's dealing with how the church should be governed, specific roles, gifts, etc. When, then, would chapter 11 deal with the overall function of men and women and not within the church? Even the direct context deals with roles in the church. Your interpretation makes literally no sense.

Because he's trying to make a point about how men and women should act within church. Are you seriously telling me that Paul, the first Christian philosopher/logician (aside from Jesus Christ, who was God in human flesh), has a lapse in his thinking? In chapter 10, 12, and 13, he's dealing with how the church should be governed, specific roles, gifts, etc. When, then, would chapter 11 deal with the overall function of men and women and not within the church? Even the direct context deals with roles in the church. Your interpretation makes literally no sense.

Paul was a philosopher. His writing style of appearing to natural law to prove a point within a specific context is common. In Romans 1 he appeals to nature for proof for God. Does this mean a person can come to salvation simply by looking at nature? Of course not - Paul was using a natural law and overall concept in order to explain a specific context (that all men know they are guilty of sin). In Acts 17 he appeals to the unknown god in order to prove God. Does this mean the unknown god should be worshiped? Of course not - he's appealing to an overall idea in order to prove a specific point. He's doing the same in this context. He's saying that women should be subjected to man's authority in the church, and proceeds to appeal to natural order to do this. The passage is not to say that all men are above all women, and especially is not saying that Christ is the head of all men (as some do not follow Him) - it is using a natural concept (that man was created first) to prove an ecclesiological point (that women should not have authority above men in church).

So most of us can read apparently and can see that in 1 Co 11:3 Paul wrote that the head of EVERY ('EVERY means 'EVERY' married or not) man (secular or saved, SEE vv.7, 8, 12, 14) is Christ and that the head of the woman (married or not, secular or saved, SEE vv.7, 8, 12, 14, & 15 ) is the man.

Have you ever taken a reading comprehension class Firehill? Ovedya and I have been arguing successfully that Christ is the head of every SAVED man. You just keep ignoring it and rely on your presuppositions.

The entire passage is speaking of men and women in general regarding covering up, not covering up, long hair, short hair, being the glory of God, being the glory of man etc etc and even man and woman at creation. All these things APPLY to men and women in general not JUST saved men and women. Therefore even though the entire passage speaks of men and women in general you would argue that v.3 is only speaking of saved man and woman? :noidea:

Besides, even starting with the point that Paul is speaking of saved men and women and NOT EXCLUSIVELY MARRIED men and women problems still arise.

How is it that the head of EVERY man (saved, married or not) is Christ while he is the head of the church which IS EVERY SAVED man and woman while also the head of the woman (saved married or not) is man (11:3, not husband!)? Since Paul is not speaking about married men and women but saved men and women only in v.3 (according to you) then how is it that just MAN other then the husband is the head of the woman as Paul says in v.3? :noidea:

The entire passage doesn't talk about men and women in general. It talks about how they're supposed to act within Church.

You're are actualy going to argue that only saved men with long hair are a shame to their head, that only women who are saved and have short hair are a shame to their head, that only saved man is the IMAGE and glory of God :emot-questioned::noidea: ?

MAN NOT exclusively the HUSBAND is the image and glory of God! Therefore the head of the woman is the MAN, NOT husband as Paul wrote in, Co 11:3! This is not rocket science people!

Well said. :emot-questioned:

Can you back this up with scripture that agrees with you that husbands and wives are to both submit to each other?

Ehpesiand 5:21 does NOT exclude anyone. 'Submit to ONE ANOTHER.' 'One another' means exactly what it SAYS. Why is that hard for you to accept? At least I'm REPETEADLY posting WHAT the bible DOES SAY!