• Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,980
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

:):laugh::huh::o

:hmmm::24:

Guest Biblicist
Biblicist, I replied to this in the '1 Timothy 2:15' thread wherein we came to agreement over who/what was cursed (the serpent and the ground) and who wasn't (man and woman) because we had been discussing that along with other effects of the fall since the discussion of the whole passage of 1 Tim 2:11-15 (wherein that Eve was deceived and fell into sin is mentioned by Paul) came up in order to be able to understand v.15 and I also replied there because your point though it was a good one was off topic.

Forgive me, firehill, but it still doesn't answer my question to your post in this thread. . .

If God cursed the serpent and the ground then He did indeed curse the His creation that He called good. It has nothing to do with the idea that Adam and Eve were or were not cursed. I was not even refering to the conversation in 1 Timothy 2:15 thread. My point was, simply, that God did in fact curse His creation since He created ALL things.

Again, sorry if this is off topic. :noidea:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0

Forgive me, firehill, but it still doesn't answer my question to your post in this thread. . .

If God cursed the serpent and the ground then He did indeed curse the His creation that He called good. It has nothing to do with the idea that Adam and Eve were or were not cursed. I was not even refering to the conversation in 1 Timothy 2:15 thread. My point was, simply, that God did in fact curse His creation since He created ALL things.

Whoops! Looks like I made a mistake. Here's what I said:

(firehill @ May 15 2007, 08:39 PM)

My response to the above: I said that only the ground was cursed...and meant amongst woman, man, and the ground. Yeah, the serpent was cursed but my focus was not on him. NO! God did not curse His creation that HE CALLED GOOD! Look right there in the passage yourself. The only time the word 'cursed' is used in reference to the ground and the serpent.

Here's what Genesis 1 says:

Genesis 1

9 And God said, "Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear." And it was so. 10 God called the dry ground "land," and the gathered waters he called "seas." AND GOD SAW THAT IT WAS GOOD.

24 And God said, "Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: livestock, creatures that move along the ground, and wild animals, each according to its kind." And it was so. 25 God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. AND GOD SAW THAT IT WAS GOOD.

27 So God created man in his own image,

in the image of God he created him;

male and female he created them.

28 God blessed them and said to them...,

31 GOD SAW all that he had made, and IT WAS VERY GOOD. And there was evening, and there was morning

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,706
  • Topics Per Day:  0.26
  • Content Count:  3,386
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Birthday:  12/10/1955

Both parties in a marriage must be equal or they might "step on each other's toes". We can't have degrees of equality - equality is equality.

A while ago my daughter was supposed to study for an exam. but she wanted to take the day off and go to the beach. I told her plainly that she couldn't go to the beach and the study had to come first.

I worked different hours than my husband and when I got home in the morning my husband said to me "she has gone to the beach, I said it was allright" and I said to him "but I said she had to stay home and study", he said "well, I over-ruled you". I absolutely "saw red" to that and "hit the roof". That little incident caused us bulk problems for ages as although our daughter was about 16 she was still confused by "all of a sudden Dad can over-rule Mum" and "played us off against one another" for a while after that.

I don't know what the solution is to something like this. Either one parent must discipline the kids all the time and the other "butt out" or there must be total prior agreement.

There is usually not a problem with agreeing with things in Christian households. But when one partner is a Christian and the other is not they have different ideas of where the line is and what is "crossing the line" and what is not.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  2

Both parties in a marriage must be equal or they might "step on each other's toes". We can't have degrees of equality - equality is equality.

A while ago my daughter was supposed to study for an exam. but she wanted to take the day off and go to the beach. I told her plainly that she couldn't go to the beach and the study had to come first.

I worked different hours than my husband and when I got home in the morning my husband said to me "she has gone to the beach, I said it was allright" and I said to him "but I said she had to stay home and study", he said "well, I over-ruled you". I absolutely "saw red" to that and "hit the roof". That little incident caused us bulk problems for ages as although our daughter was about 16 she was still confused by "all of a sudden Dad can over-rule Mum" and "played us off against one another" for a while after that.

I don't know what the solution is to something like this. Either one parent must discipline the kids all the time and the other "butt out" or there must be total prior agreement.

There is usually not a problem with agreeing with things in Christian households. But when one partner is a Christian and the other is not they have different ideas of where the line is and what is "crossing the line" and what is not.

In order to avoid any situations like this, my late husband and I would do something like this:

Child: Can I do such-and-such?

Dad: Have you already asked Mom?

Child: Uh, yeah...

Dad: What did Mom say?

Child: Mom said No.

Dad: Then it's No. Don't you ever come to me to try to get a Yes when Mom already said No!

(And the same with a child asking me (Mom) when the child had already gotten a No from Dad.)

Guest Biblicist
In order to avoid any situations like this, my late husband and I would do something like this:

Child: Can I do such-and-such?

Dad: Have you already asked Mom?

Child: Uh, yeah...

Dad: What did Mom say?

Child: Mom said No.

Dad: Then it's No. Don't you ever come to me to try to get a Yes when Mom already said No!

(And the same with a child asking me (Mom) when the child had already gotten a No from Dad.)

:):thumbsup:

I always tell my children, "My words are his words. If he said "NO" then that would be my answer too."

I admit, I do try to usurp his authority sometimes. There are times when my desire to be in charge is stronger than I care to admit. :)

Guest Biblicist

My response to the above: I said that only the ground was cursed...and meant amongst woman, man, and the ground. Yeah, the serpent was cursed but my focus was not on him. NO! God did not curse His creation that HE CALLED GOOD! Look right there in the passage yourself. The only time the word 'cursed' is used in reference to the ground and the serpent.

Genesis 1

9 And God said, "Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear." And it was so. 10 God called the dry ground "land," and the gathered waters he called "seas." AND GOD SAW THAT IT WAS GOOD.

24 And God said, "Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: livestock, creatures that move along the ground, and wild animals, each according to its kind." And it was so. 25 God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. AND GOD SAW THAT IT WAS GOOD.

31 GOD SAW all that he had made, and IT WAS VERY GOOD. And there was evening, and there was morning

• Followers:  0

Genesis 1