IGNORED

Blood

Babylove

....The Best Prime Rib Roast in the world....

This will almost melt off your fork

"Kosher Salt Encrusted Prime Rib Roast"

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Kosher-Salt-E...ast/Detail.aspx

Hebrew National makes the best 1/4 lb dinner franks I've ever tasted and I'll eat one as a hot dog while enjoying My Worthy family!

They also show the kosher (fit to eat) cuts here.

http://www.hebrewnational.com/pages/kosher/index.jsp

I wonder how much eating we'll do in our resurrected bodies? :thumbsup:

I suspect the feasting in Jerusalem during The Rule of The KING OF KINGS will be matchless in the history of mankind!

I just eat and now I'm hungry again!

Love, Joe

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

The fact is, you will NEVER, EVER get rid of all the blood in any meat. If you strain at the molecules, you'll just have to go vegan!

The Book of Acts even tells us why the Gentiles were commanded to not eat blood: It was so that the Jews around them would not be offended by the Christians' "perfect liberty."

Right now, such scrupulosity is simply not necessary.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

The fact is, you will NEVER, EVER get rid of all the blood in any meat. If you strain at the molecules, you'll just have to go vegan!

The Book of Acts even tells us why the Gentiles were commanded to not eat blood: It was so that the Jews around them would not be offended by the Christians' "perfect liberty."

Oh, really. Do you have any idea how I can find the scripture that says that?

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

If you want to follow Dietary Laws of the Jewish people, I would just always eat Kosher, and then you would not have to worry about any of this. Organ meat will always have blood for example, and how do you remove the blood out of a shellfish? You really can't so by eating Kosher you could avoid all of those issues.

As long as you don't think it is necessary for salvation, I think it is fine to eat Kosher it certainly would be healthier I think. 7th day Adventists live a long time.

• Topic Count:  115
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Yeah. It's called the New Testament. Pauline Epistles especially.

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.63

Yeah. It's called the New Testament. Pauline Epistles especially.

Shalom Leonard,

That's really not helpful.

She's asking in all sincerity.

The New Testament does not say to eat blood.

Well Christ said that whatever goes down our gullet has NO impact on our souls, but what comes from our heart does, its pretty clear this is not a salvation issue.

However if someone for health reasons or just to feel closer to the Jewish people wants to eat Kosher, I think that is great.

Well Christ said that whatever goes down our gullet has NO impact on our souls, but what comes from our heart does, its pretty clear this is not a salvation issue.

Shalom,

That's not actually what He said in context, but I wonder at you bringing up salavation. No one else did. :thumbsup:

This always amazes me. Whenever someone says they want to follow G-d's Word, someone jumps up and says "it's not a salvation issue." That's not what this thread is about. Please, read the thread!

However if someone for health reasons or just to feel closer to the Jewish people wants to eat Kosher, I think that is great.

While it's wonderful that you think it's great, the opinions of other Believers is not why we follow G-d's Word. It is to please HIM, not man.

Well if you want to please Christ you need to worry about more important things than outward shows of food, "do not touch and do not taste, etc." Pleasing Christ comes from the heart, not what we wear, eat or any other outward religious shows of piety, which are all works.

10Jesus called the crowd to him and said, "Listen and understand. 11What goes into a man's mouth does not make him 'unclean,' but what comes out of his mouth, that is what makes him 'unclean.' "

12Then the disciples came to him and asked, "Do you know that the Pharisees were offended when they heard this?"

13He replied, "Every plant that my heavenly Father has not planted will be pulled up by the roots. 14Leave them; they are blind guides.[e] If a blind man leads a blind man, both will fall into a pit."

We don't need the food police gaining a foothold in our churches, they already tried that in Galatia some 1900 years ago and Paul set them to flight.

If you want to follow Kosher because you are a Jew, well that is different you have an ethnic cultural connection, but don't think it curries any special favor, it is an outward show of piety like I said it is fine. If it makes you feel good to eat Kosher than do it, I think it is great and God wants us to be happy and healthy but certainly we know that all foods are clean, at least according to the vision that God gave Peter.

We don't need the food police gaining a foothold in our churches, they already tried that in Galatia some 1900 years ago and Paul set them to flight.

Shalom,

Uh huh.

So someone asks a questions about something SHE is led to do, and you get defensive about YOUR food?

Something is amiss here.

It is time to evaluate your defensive response to someone else's choice since she (nor I), in no way said anything about what YOU or anyone else is doing.

My experience has been that when I am defensive about something without cause, it is because I am fighting the L-rd on something. Please think and pray about it.

And BTW, Peter's vision has nothing to do with food. Please read it and you will see that it refers to Gentiles, not food.