• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  829
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/26/1943

I suppose that unless one first believes "chosen in Christ before the foundation of the world" i.e. election, it is difficult to believe that the Good Shepherd will ALWAYS bring back His own. Nor does election negate freewill. As I have posted before, John Bunyan beautifully explained the concept of election and freewill when he spoke of a door which was available to all men to pass, and on which was written outside "whoseover will may come." Those who chose to enter found that on the reverse side of the door was written; "chosen in Christ before the foundation of the world."

good illustration. :)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  679
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

I suppose that unless one first believes "chosen in Christ before the foundation of the world" i.e. election, it is difficult to believe that the Good Shepherd will ALWAYS bring back His own. Nor does election negate freewill. As I have posted before, John Bunyan beautifully explained the concept of election and freewill when he spoke of a door which was available to all men to pass, and on which was written outside "whoseover will may come." Those who chose to enter found that on the reverse side of the door was written; "chosen in Christ before the foundation of the world."

good illustration. :)

I'm so glad that you, too, find this a good illustration. What a wonderful man of God was John Bunyan! My children count among their favourite books "Little Pilgrim's Progress" which is a child accessible version of A Pilgrim's Progress that remains true to John Bunyan's original vision. There is so much one can learn from these men of God from times past.

In Jesus,

Ruth