• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

Butero,

You are mnisunderstanding my point. Absolutely I agree that a person can not live like hell and trample the blood of Jesus underfoot and go to heaven. That is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, denying the truth, and rejecting it.

OK, in the case of Judas, again.

Do you think God ever considered him saved?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  679
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

:wub:

"Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen."

Jude 1:24-25

Thank you for God's Word. "Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light to my path." May it ever be so in my life.

In Jesus

Ruth

• Group:  Royal Member

Judas called Jesus teacher, he never called Jesus Lord or master as the other apostles did. So that gives reference to how he felt about Jesus. Also, he was in charge of the treasury and stole from it, even pretended to be concerned when Mary "wasted" all that perfume. He was just concerned for himself.

He was never saved, his fruit didn't show it and Jesus called him the son of perdidition.

Bet that was a big surprise to the other 11, but not to God.

• Group:  Royal Member

Let me tell you what.

Jesus saved me in 2001 and He is more real today than ever. His provision for me is astounding, just last week I paid tithe I didn't have, not because it is a NT requirement, but because I love to, and a few days later I went to pay a bill I owed and it was supposed to be for 200.00 but the clerk told me I only owed 99.

Few weeks ago, I needed my car fixed, it was going to be 105.00 and, thank You Jesus, an extra 105.00 showed up in my checking account, when I called, I was told it was a bank error corrected from a few months ago.

I could go on and on...........I'm no super christian, and I could be doing a lot more for the kingdom I'm sure, I sometimes feel like I will never get "there", wherever "there" is, but I know, that I know, that I know Jesus has saved me and He has said in His word that my heart is deceitfully wicked, He considers that I am dust, there is none righteous, not even me, but His sacrifice ALONE covers me. I will never be good enough to get to heaven, that work was performed by Him 2000 years ago.

There is a great danger in believing there is something to do in keeping your salvation.

Enough debate, blessings to you!

Sabra

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Not according to my reading of God,s word.The death of our Lord more than covered any sin we might commit while on this Earth but we must be prepatred to acknowledge our sin and the source of that sin and ask for help to remove the source and recieve the forgiveness available to us.There is no point in asking for forgiveness if the source of our sin is still active.I hope this goes some way to answering your question franklyn.g

Hi,

I've just been searching through the OSAS doctrine as well as those that dont believe it.

I've read some teaching that stated that once you are saved and you lose your salvation through some immoral action you can lose your salvation permanently.

My question is this true and what is bad enough to lose you salvation permanently?

Also does repentence for these immoral acts be sufficient for forgiveness?

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Not according to my reading of God,s word.The death of our Lord more than covered any sin we might commit while on this Earth but we must be prepatred to acknowledge our sin and the source of that sin and ask for help to remove the source and recieve the forgiveness available to us.There is no point in asking for forgiveness if the source of our sin is still active.I hope this goes some way to answering your question franklyn.g

Hi,

I've just been searching through the OSAS doctrine as well as those that dont believe it.

I've read some teaching that stated that once you are saved and you lose your salvation through some immoral action you can lose your salvation permanently.

My question is this true and what is bad enough to lose you salvation permanently?

Also does repentence for these immoral acts be sufficient for forgiveness?

There is no point asking for forgivness if we are going to Heaven no matter how much we sin....

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,673
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

There was a time that I thought OSAS was an aggravating, yet harmless doctrine. Now, I really believe it is one of the most dangerous doctrines in Satan's arsenal of tricks.

funny because I came to a conclusion that "working for ones salvation" is affirming that Christ's blood is not enough.

that would make a person's salvation questionable. ... 3xR0c|<stAr

There was a time that I thought OSAS was an aggravating, yet harmless doctrine. Now, I really believe it is one of the most dangerous doctrines in Satan's arsenal of tricks.

funny because I came to a conclusion that "working for ones salvation" is affirming that Christ's blood is not enough.

Sometimes I think it is a waste of time to even post on here because people do not remember what you have posted and what you believe. I have explained my beliefs on salvation so many times that I am almost sick of typing them. However, here I am getting accused of believing in works based salvation. I have typed them out in detail in several of the OSAS posts. So, I will not do it again in this one. I will simply say my theology is not works based. No works in my belief.

it amazes me how people dont realize that the forum is constantly changing and has 43000 members.

you jumped in and said OSAS is "Satanic" then you feel it's a "waste" because you have to explain yourself.

you can provide a link to your beliefs if you'd like. ... 3xR0c|<stAr

I find it amazing I can be accused of preaching works based salvation because I do not buy into OSAS.

Everyone knows there are three major views on this subject. I think we all know what they are, so is it even worth typing them out anymore? Not really. Everyone knows the three positions. It has just become rhetorical to continue to hammer the same talking points over and over. If I do not believe in "OSAS," and I do not believe in "saved lost, saved lost, saved lost," Then that leaves one position. There is your answer.

as long as you dont believe in the "saved lost, saved lost, saved lost..." then youre alright with me.

i think i know the 3rd youre talking about and have not closed my mind to it but rather revisit it when as my studies enhance but

for now "saved lost, accept the gift, give it back, walk away, give it back...accept it " does not stand.

So then, this scripture is moot?

Philippians 2:12 12 Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed-- not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence-- continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling

It isn't all done once you get saved, that is just the first step. There are many people who take that first step and never go any further. It is a continual process that people can, and sometimes do opt out of.

they key to that phrase is "work out."

unfortunately us being in the 21st century we jump to terms that we pick up from todays times.

i think if you look this up in greek it breaks it down pretty well.

by the way you need the next verse:

13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

if i remember correctly Paul is saying that now YOU have your salvation then let God work through YOU.

has nothing to do with losing, keeping or salvation being taken away. Do God's will and but make sure you know of who He is at all times.

theres other "fear and trembling" quotes. One is in 1 Cor. some where.