• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  163
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/05/1988

I am still under feeling depressed. I have tryed so hard to do right i want to make friends outside of chat or meet people from here. I have a sin which has plagued me and wrapped me in chains. I am trying so hard to escape it. I want to be a help to others i want to be happy. It has been better since i have been taking anti depressants but they don't cure it. It is still there alone with a habit sin that i haven't got rid of yet. I am looking for advice and also looking for your prayers i have tryed all i can think of and still feel bad. Please pray for me and encourage me I want to be a shining light that screams out Jesus saves.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  120
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  06/04/1971

Praying for you.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Will, I will be more than happy to pray for you! :whistling:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  160
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  10/26/1950

Will, I was in this same situation not that many years ago. There are a lot of things I did that helped. It takes time to get well from things like this because it involves physical health, relationships, life style, family, church, and other things as well.

Try a multifaceted approach. If you can find a godly same gender counselor, work with that person. A godly counselor will be patient and kind, know the bible pretty well, will encourage you to new understanding and new applications of God's word in your life.

Put a little more discipline in your life if needs be. For about two years the only thing I could count on doing was getting up in the morning and making up my bed. Anything more than that I regarded as an extra.

Try to improve your diet a little. Maybe more fruits and vegetables and lean meats. Perhaps fewer fried foods and sweets.

A little exercise on occasion will help.

As far as relationships are concerned, I found it helpful to stay away from anyone who had hatred inside, esp. against me. Hatred is a real poison that can flow from one person's soul to another person's soul. You don't need that kind of thing happening around you.

Confess to God anything in your life that might be an idol.

Know that God has good plans for you! He loves you and is watching over you. Don't expect to get over things quickly, but be certain that in time it will work out. Remember that God rewards overcomers (Rev. chapters 2 & 3)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  970
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

:rolleyes: