OopsMartin

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  679
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

First the 1 Co 11 thread on kephale was closed. Now the Eph 5 thread on kephale is closed. There are two DIFFERENT metaphors used in those passages. Why is there a need to cram everything together without a fair look at what the passages are saying on THEIR OWN MERIT? I don't understand this. The tendency I see is for many to want to throw it all together in a pile and then try to sort it all out while the passages themselves written and arranged by the authors don't even do that!

Because the mods probably see it as most of the people on this thread do - the original topic of this post was meant for a discussion on kephale. Neopatriarch and myself put out posts on this, dealing with the original post.

They were never responded to.

Oh, so we (mods, you, Oops) can come to an agreement to debate kephale in Eph 5 in the soapbox but not otherwise outside this thread? :noidea: NONSENSE! This kind of NONSENSE is very revealing.

Maybe it is that the mods have recognised too much straining at gnats and swallowing camels and are solicitous of our spiritual digestive systems!

Ruth

(Would append a smiley but still haven't managed to work out what the little whatsits mean and how to use them!)

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,980
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

First the 1 Co 11 thread on kephale was closed. Now the Eph 5 thread on kephale is closed. There are two DIFFERENT metaphors used in those passages. Why is there a need to cram everything together without a fair look at what the passages are saying on THEIR OWN MERIT? I don't understand this. The tendency I see is for many to want to throw it all together in a pile and then try to sort it all out while the passages themselves written and arranged by the authors don't even do that!

Because the mods probably see it as most of the people on this thread do - the original topic of this post was meant for a discussion on kephale. Neopatriarch and myself put out posts on this, dealing with the original post.

Oh, so we (mods, you, Oops) can come to an agreement to debate kephale in Eph 5 in the soapbox but not otherwise outside this thread? :noidea: NONSENSE! This kind of NONSENSE is very revealing.

1) There was no agreement reached

More words games coming from you AK. The mods were going to allow a debate on kephale in Eph 5 in soapbox outside this thread but yet it is not allowed otherwise? If a soapbox debate on kephale in Eph 5 can be agreeable then why not in a thread in doctrinal questions?

2) The debate would have been over the entire context of kephale

yeah, so would have the debate in the thread that was closed on Eph 5.

3) It would have been limited and not perpetual like this thread

The point of this thread is to start at the beginning and not in the middle somewhere and work to the end.

4) It would have been limited in involvement, unlike this thread

This thread has many limits.

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

You know what firehill, you have a few options the way I see it:

1) Keep whining and moaning about it, even though nothing will be accomplished by it

2) PM the moderators and ask them about it

3) Ignore it and move on and FINALLY deal with my kephale point

4) Leave the site

Maybe it is that the mods have recognised too much straining at gnats and swallowing camels and are solicitous of our spiritual digestive systems!

Ruth

(Would append a smiley but still haven't managed to work out what the little whatsits mean and how to use them!)

Maybe it is this maybe it is that ad nauseum with 'maybe's'. Hope we don't approach God's word that way with 'maybe this is it'. I'd rather approach it with what is details, presicion, technacalities and ALL not what is 'maybe'. :noidea:

1) Keep whining and moaning about it, even though nothing will be accomplished by it

4) Leave the site

BOTTOM LINE. It's okay to have a debate in soapbox on kephale in Eph 5 BUT not in a thread otherwise like in doctrinal questions. NONSENSE!

An agreement couldn't be made on the format to be used in the soapbox debate on Eph 5. Another thread was opened to discuss the very same topic. So why was it closed?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  679
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

Ruth

Maybe it is this maybe it is that ad nauseum with 'maybe's'. Hope we don't approach God's word that way with 'maybe this is it'. I'd rather approach it with what is details, presicion, technacalities and ALL not what is 'maybe'. :noidea:

I stand corrected. In my desire to think the best I am probably guilty of prevarication. But in my heart I do not prevaricate I KNOW my resurrected Lord Jesus.

In Jesus,

Ruth

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

4) Leave the site

BOTTOM LINE. It's okay to have a debate in soapbox on kephale in Eph 5 BUT not in a thread otherwise like in doctrinal questions. NONSENSE!

So you're just going to keep up with #1? How annoying.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

For the life of me, I simply cannot figure out why it is so hard to hold a conversation without verbally slicing each other apart.

The reasons why God requires restitution for our hearts becomes clearer every day.

My apologies to the OP, but this thread has become too childish to remain open. Here's my request:

Some of you need some serious quiet time with our Father in regards to how you post. Please take this opportunity to seek a few minutes alone with Him before your next post.

There's a slight chance that this will be reopened after review. If it does, please tailor your next posts toward the subject at hand without the personal stuff. This ain't rocket science, folks. It's actually a pretty simple concept.

Thanks,

t.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

I posted a similar version of this in another thread which got out of hand. Please take a minute to review this condensed version before you make your next few posts.

Thank you.

Think of it this way...

If we were gathered in someone's living room, or around their kitchen table, would we use the words and insults that are used in some of these threads and posts? Would we choose the same words if we were in a public restaurant? Would we let our anger loose just the same?

I highly doubt it. Instead, I would hope that we would present ourselves in a little better light, and present our opinions with a little more tact and kindness.

Here's what I would like to suggest:

1. Before your next post, take a minute to review past situations. If there is anyone that you simply always have problems with, take a moment to add them to your ignore list. In that situation, that person's post will still show up, but you will not be able to see it. By doing that, you will no longer be tempted to leave the original post's idea and charge forward with heated responses to that person's remarks.

2. Pray. If you've never tried prayer before posting, then you might consider it now. Trust me, it does make a difference, and may be this thread's only hope of survival. smile.gif

3. Be aware of your surroundings. Look, we bring our words out to the public arena and debate issues. Try to imagine this place as a living room, a coffee house, or a friends house. By doing that, you may just show the proper respect afforded to a place like that. I doubt seriously that we would be going off on each other if we were guests in another's home.

4. Relax. Some of this stuff is so petty that it hardly deserves a response in the first place. Practice restraint and control in your posts. If we cannot handle a simple jab or insult (which shouldn't be happening in the first place, btw) without blowing up, how are we to handle the real persecution that is sure to come our way in the last days?

Please, I beg each of you, make adjustments in the way you respond to each other. There is some great information to be absorbed in some of these threads. Many people, including myself, learn a lot by reading them.

Whether you realize it or not, there are many others who would like to join in with the discussions, but do not because they do not want to discuss this stuff and run the risk of incurring the wrath of another simply for posting their opinions. So, they tend to shy away from these topics. Personally, I think that speaks volumes and is to our shame.

Needles to say, this will be the last warning for this thread, and many others like it. Myself, along with many of the Mods, are simply tired of having to come in and deal with the same exact situations in the same exact threads of the same exact topics. It's getting old. Patience is a virtue, that much is true, but it's also an expendable resource at the same time. Much like a rechargeable battery, it does wear down at times.

So, if you come across a thread which is closed in the future, and yours is one of the last posts in it, that should be a red flag for you to sit back and think about things.

May God bless each one of us, and guide our hands and thoughts.

Thread is reopened.

t.