OopsMartin

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,980
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

The chain of command seems simple enough. God first whom the husband is subject to as his head, the wife is subject to the husband (and God of course), and the children subject to mom,dad, and God..... Not too hard. None is above the other, but we are called to submit to those who have authority over is. For a woman to disobey her husband is to dishonor God as well. And so on down the line.

The part about women disobeying their husbands doesn't always hold true. I believe God wouldn't want me to obey my ex-husband as he is a career criminal and a drug addict. Anyway, grown women aren't children and, if they help support the family and do half of the work, they should not be subject to a man's will. Men are not, in any way, automatically suited to the job of head of the family. :24:

Yet God did put them as the leaders.....just look in the bible...Did you not have the word "obey" in your vows. Not to th point to disobedience to God, but as a general rule.....Women are not to have authority over a man plain and simple. This is Gods setup....not mine

I was wondering if the 'obey' part in 'these vows' you speak of were given to the first woman in Genesis? :whistling:

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  146
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,308
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

OopsMartin, my husband is a retired 911 supervising dispatcher, so you can be rest assured I know they will help you find a rehabber. :24: They'll give you a phone # to a rehabber, and you call the rehabber yourself. Sometimes you have to take the critter into your care until the rehabber can return your call. Just keep the critter in a dark quiet warm spot till they go to a rehabber. And say a prayer! :whistling:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  829
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  07/26/1943

As I noted in the post the words were taken directly ffrom the Complete Biblical Library - Genesis. Unfortunately, or fortunately, he puts the full form of the word including attachements. And he does spell them differently. I don't have time right now to go look them up in my other sources, but will try to do that later. Strong's uses only the base root of words and tries to give a very general, brief definition which is rather poor. that's why I never use him, although it's easy and convenient.

At any rate I originally asked you to supply Scriptures to your belief, I can assume that now you are doing so.

Since I am in vain hopes of having this thread proceed with respectfuly Christian attitudes I will ask you to leave off the negative criticisms. Too much more of it and I simply won't be responding to your posts.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  829
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  07/26/1943

OopsMartin, my husband is a retired 911 supervising dispatcher, so you can be rest assured I know they will help you find a rehabber. :whistling: They'll give you a phone # to a rehabber, and you call the rehabber yourself. Sometimes you have to take the critter into your care until the rehabber can return your call. Just keep the critter in a dark quiet warm spot till they go to a rehabber. And say a prayer! :24:

Well, I'll give away my age and say, "Cool"! I've said a prayer for the little thing and plan to stop by and see how he is doing with the man and his dad. His dad was in late 70's or so, so should have lots of time to tend to it.

:24:

I want to add, in our house, the humans are in charge, not our pets. We love and value and cherish them very much, but we do rule over them.

Now, concerning Ruck1b's definition of subdue and dominion, I not so sure that is right either. God intended we tread down and negatively disregard and violate his creatures even before the fall? God created us above them, yes, but I dont think God had in mind for us to abuse them unnecessarily, especially in the garden of Eden.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

Why is it everytime we get into a sensitive biblical issue someone always goes away hurt? Keep it friendly guys...we are not here to fight.

Why is it everytime we get into a sensitive biblical issue someone always goes away hurt? Keep it friendly guys...we are not here to fight.

I think it is more just that the debate has been bled to death.

I think it is more just that the debate has been bled to death.

Very true EM. That is when they resort to attacking and we end up with the topic being deleted. I have said all I can say on the subject. Please let it go unless you have something additional that is biblical to add to it. Not being mean just don't want to see anyone leaving the boards over it. Yikes me a peacemaker......who would have thunk it?

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  1,980
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

I want to add, in our house, the humans are in charge, not our pets. We love and value and cherish them very much, but we do rule over them.

Now, concerning Ruck1b's definition of subdue and dominion, I not so sure that is right either. God intended we tread down and negatively disregard and violate his creatures even before the fall? God created us above them, yes, but I dont think God had in mind for us to abuse them unnecessarily, especially in the garden of Eden.

'even before the fall?'

What's going on? :noidea:

Ahem. *clearing my throat*

I know God did not have in mind for us to abuse them at all, especially at any time in and outside of the garden. I didn't know it was about abuse. 'I don't think God had in mind for us to abuse them unnecessarily especialy in the garden of Eden.' Unnecessarily? I will go back and read Ruck's post.

God did assign Adam to name all of the animals.......and God killed the first animals for clothing after the fall.