4Pillars

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  57
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

It's in the context. No, the Bible doesn't specifically say, "oh, and by the way, the "6th day of Genesis is actually the 6th day of creation, just like it says..." because it doesn't need to. That's what context is. It's mystifying that you find yourself able to pull scripture totally out of context and then challenge -me- to prove it's out of context. The answer's in the question. Prove to me, without using scripture that you've interpreted yourself (in other words, scripture that doesn't require your interpretation) to prove yourself right.

You're the one who came in deciding to teach us your interpretation and call anyone who questioned it "closed-minded." It's up to you to prove, not me.

Also, just to point out: I made no assumption, illogical or otherwise, and nothing about the post was in any way outside the realm of logic.

Dear rtwo,

Scripture says that those who have not been born again have eyes which CANNOT see, and ears which CANNOT hear. Tell us of your mysterious ability to see into the mind of another. :thumbsup:

BTW, like most young earthers, you cannot use Scripture to support your opinions. You can only use your interpretational methods which don't agree with Scripture, Science, nor History. You base your "proper interpretation" on your religion's views.

The Un-Scriptural idea, that the 6 Creative Days and the 1 Day of Rest, are 24 hour periods of Time, is refuted by Scripture. The 7th Day has no End.

However, your continuing objection is well noted but DENIED due to lack of Scriptural merit and based only on hearsay as indicated above.

God Bless

Edited by 4Pillars

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  02/18/1978

It's in the context. No, the Bible doesn't specifically say, "oh, and by the way, the "6th day of Genesis is actually the 6th day of creation, just like it says..." because it doesn't need to. That's what context is. It's mystifying that you find yourself able to pull scripture totally out of context and then challenge -me- to prove it's out of context. The answer's in the question. Prove to me, without using scripture that you've interpreted yourself (in other words, scripture that doesn't require your interpretation) to prove yourself right.

You're the one who came in deciding to teach us your interpretation and call anyone who questioned it "closed-minded." It's up to you to prove, not me.

Also, just to point out: I made no assumption, illogical or otherwise, and nothing about the post was in any way outside the realm of logic.

Dear rtwo,

Scripture says that those who have not been born again have eyes which CANNOT see, and ears which CANNOT hear. Tell us of your mysterious ability to see into the mind of another. :)

BTW, like most young earthers, you cannot use Scripture to support your opinions. You can only use your interpretational methods which don't agree with Scripture, Science, nor History. You base your "proper interpretation" on your religion's views.

The Un-Scriptural idea, that the 6 Creative Days and the 1 Day of Rest, are 24 hour periods of Time, is refuted by Scripture. The 7th Day has no End.

However, your continuing objection is well noted but DENIED due to lack of Scriptural merit and based only on hearsay as indicated above.

God Bless

Speaking of assumptions. I never said 24-hour days, so your assumption that I'm either a "young-earther" or that I believe in a 24-hour scenario in Genesis reflects that in spite of your continued assertions to the contrary, you have neither read nor considered anything other than your own "open-minded" approach. I said it before, and will do so again: Gen 1 is poetry. It is to be taken as poetry. I said it wasn't literal, just that it wasn't figurative in the way you suggest.

You have no scriptural proof that the 6th day is a prophesy, nor that the seventh day has ended. Nowhere, I should point out, is the 24-hour day refuted by Scripture, by the way, and I note that, unlike most of your other posts, you didn't even bother to post a scripture supporting this. However, I will throw one out there that refutes your 7th day idea: Hebrews 4:4 -

And yet his work has been finished since the creation of the world. 4For somewhere he has spoken about the seventh day in these words: "And on the seventh day God rested from all his work."

Gen 2:3 - "And God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, for on it, He rested from all the work creating He had done."

I would note that these are in the past-tense, meaning that God -did- rest. God -did- say it was good. You have not provided Scripture that supports your points to the contrary. You have not provided a single verse that says, "Genesis said this, but what it meant was..." . The reason you have not done this is that such verses do not exist.

I do find it amusing that you "DENY" my assertions based on a lack of scriptural foundation, when the only foundation you yourself have is your own unfounded interpretation.

For the sake of clarification, and to continue the discussion without animosity and name-calling, allow me to add the following:

4Pillars, what you are doing, overall, is a good thing. I fully believe that the examination of God's Word and His Creation in an attempt to understand is an act of worship. I believe God smiles when we come up with new ways to describe and explain Scripture, because it is all for His Glory.

I am not out, at this point, to disprove your ideas. I find them interesting, and intend to include them in my studies in the future. My point in this thread is, and has been, that support for a thesis simply cannot be in the form of another unproven thesis. An interpretation of Scripture is just that: an interpretation. I can't pick out a piece of Scripture, provide my own interpretation for it (call it 'A'), do the same with another (call it 'B') and say, "see? B proves A." The reason I can't do this is because B is just as unproven an interpretation as A is. Neither is "prove it isn't" an appropriate proof of the thesis.

My desire, and I hope yours, is to learn. It is in the spirit of learning, and not of dissention, that I question, and it is in the spirit of proper study (especially when dealing with Scripture) that I am very, very picky about what is offered up as "evidence."

There is a difference between using Scripture to prove a point, and using an interpretation of Scripture to prove a point. Certainly, interpretation is valid, and as someone else pointed out, thank God, this is not something that will keep us from heaven. But you can't be so involved in your own ideas that you see any challenge as an affront in some way.

Speaking of assumptions. I never said 24-hour days, so your assumption that I'm either a "young-earther" or that I believe in a 24-hour scenario in Genesis reflects that in spite of your continued assertions to the contrary, you have neither read nor considered anything other than your own "open-minded" approach. I said it before, and will do so again: Gen 1 is poetry. It is to be taken as poetry. I said it wasn't literal, just that it wasn't figurative in the way you suggest.

You have no scriptural proof that the 6th day is a prophesy, nor that the seventh day has ended. Nowhere, I should point out, is the 24-hour day refuted by Scripture, by the way, and I note that, unlike most of your other posts, you didn't even bother to post a scripture supporting this. However, I will throw one out there that refutes your 7th day idea: Hebrews 4:4 -

And yet his work has been finished since the creation of the world. 4For somewhere he has spoken about the seventh day in these words: "And on the seventh day God rested from all his work."

Gen 2:3 - "And God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, for on it, He rested from all the work creating He had done."

I would note that these are in the past-tense, meaning that God -did- rest. God -did- say it was good. You have not provided Scripture that supports your points to the contrary. You have not provided a single verse that says, "Genesis said this, but what it meant was..." . The reason you have not done this is that such verses do not exist.

I do find it amusing that you "DENY" my assertions based on a lack of scriptural foundation, when the only foundation you yourself have is your own unfounded interpretation.

Dear rtwo,

Your great, learned, theologians don't even know what Day it is. Now you have proclaimed to know that Genesis chapter 1 is only figurative or poetic, but Not True Literally. :thumbsup: That's what the Liberals teach about everything they CANNOT understand. That's why they preach it almost exclusively, because they are so ignorant of God's Truth. It's just myth, they say, just teaching stories. It can't be true Literally, because we can't prove that Physically. I am sorry you have so much trouble understanding Scripture.

God has but 7 Days. He has 6 Creative Days in which He labors to bring His Creation to Perfection. At the end of the 6th Day or Age, God gives man to eat of Every tree, including the Tree of Life. God also gives ALL animals to eat herbs as meat.

Genesis 1:30 does Not say will become. It says and it was so. Since it has Never been so, that every animal was a vegetarian, it should be obvious that this is Prophecy of the events which will occur at the end of the present 6th Day.

At the end of the present 6th Day, God's Perfect Heaven will be Finished or brought to Perfection. Then, He will Rest, that is, He will Cease to Create, and the 6th Day will end.

As I have posted before, the first chapter of the Bible tells the complete History of how God created the Perfect Heaven. God wrote our History, before the events are complete.

The Bible was written for the past, present, and future. It is relevant for today, and tomorrow. Written by the Supreme Intelligence, it's just too hard for poor, ignorant, unbelievers to comprehend. The only way they will understand is to pray for more wisdom and understanding.

Read & Learn

Edited by 4Pillars

It is evident to me that your open mindedness extends only to that which amplifies your own point, and that you have no interest in expanding knowledge or in learning. I will not visit this thread again, as I have better things to do with my day than try to explain logic to you.

Dear rtwo,

God wrote the Bible with His terms, not ours. It matters Not what I interpret. What matters is that which is written in Scripture, and in the Rocks, must agree, or the interpretation is wrong.

I realize that what I post is controversial, but I also realize that it agrees not only with Scripture, but also with true Science, and History. I do not write the things I write to cause others, problems, but I write to cause others to read and study Scripture, and to see that God's Word is the Truth in every way.

God Bless

Edited by 4Pillars

Dear Readers,

Here is where the Creation is perfected:

"in the beginning God created the Heavens and the earth" (Gen 1:1)

"I saw a new heaven and a new earth" (Rev 21:1)

"The gathering together of waters He called the Sea" (Gen1:10)

"And the Sea is no more" (Rev 21:1)

"The darkness He called Night" (Gen 1:5)

"there shall be no night there" (Rev 21:25)

God made the two great lights (sun and moon)" (Gen1:16)

"the city has no need of the Sun nor the Moon" (Rev 21:23)

"in the day you eat thereof you shall surely die" (Gen 2:17)

"death shall be no more" (Rev 21:14)

"I will greatly multiply your pain" (Gen 3:16)

"Neither shall there be pain anymore" (Rev 21:4)

"cursed is the ground for your sake" (Gen 3:17)

"There shall be no more curse" (Rev 22:3)

Satan appears as the deceiver of mankind (Gen 3:1-4)

Satan disappears forever (Rev 20:10)

They were driven from the Tree of Life (gen 3:22-24)

The Tree of Life re-appears (Rev 22:2)

They were driven from God's presence (Gen 3:24)

"they shall see His face" (Rev 22:4)

Man's primeval home was by a river (Gen 2:10)

Man's Eternal home will be beside a river (Rev 22:1)

Please remember that God doesn't stop creating things that are only considered very good, He CREATES them PERFECT. His real Creation, which is perfect, is the 3rd Heaven where all Christians will be when this world is burned.

When these prophecies are fulfilled, God's Creation of His Perfect Heaven, will be completed, and brought to Perfection....Finished. Then God will Rest or Sabbath (Gen. 2:3), and He will Cease "ALL His work which God created and made." . The 7th day of God has no end - eternal.

God Bless