IGNORED

How do you know when it's safe to get out personal info?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  198
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1

I met a fellow at a singles get together a couple months ago. We've talked on the phone and e-mailed quite a few times and went on three dates alone. Each time I met him at the place. On the first date he wanted to know where I lived and worked. I told him the suburb I lived in, but not where. I let him know what kind of work I did and the type of place it was, but told him I didn't see why the company name was relevant to him. He is still asking.

I'm afraid to reveal it (particularly my company name/location) because he may be disgruntled if we stop seeing each other and harass me, and that could cost me my job. Perhaps he wouldn't.....but how does one really know? I'm just trying to protect myself.

Would you continue keeping this personal information just that, personal?

Sorry, it wouldn't let me edit the heading. I meant to say "give" out personal information.

Edited by Shy Christian

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1978

Presumably, the reason behind dating is to find a suitable mate. If you fear this person becoming disgruntled or don't trust him enough to give out this info, he may not be "the one". :24:

Seriously, give him some time, and see how comfortable you feel. If you really don't feel comfortable with it, it may be best to call it a day... at least long enough to examine yourself and determine whether you fear stalking or commitment.

Just to clarify: If you don't feel comfortable giving out your info, DON'T. This is really the only measuring stick to use here. Do it when YOU feel comfortable, and not before. :24:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Presumably, the reason behind dating is to find a suitable mate. If you fear this person becoming disgruntled or don't trust him enough to give out this info, he may not be "the one". :24:

Seriously, give him some time, and see how comfortable you feel. If you really don't feel comfortable with it, it may be best to call it a day... at least long enough to examine yourself and determine whether you fear stalking or commitment.

Just to clarify: If you don't feel comfortable giving out your info, DON'T. This is really the only measuring stick to use here. Do it when YOU feel comfortable, and not before. :24:

You really can't get better advice than that! :24:

Presumably, the reason behind dating is to find a suitable mate. If you fear this person becoming disgruntled or don't trust him enough to give out this info, he may not be "the one". ;)

Just to clarify: If you don't feel comfortable giving out your info, DON'T. This is really the only measuring stick to use here. Do it when YOU feel comfortable, and not before. :)

You really can't get better advice than that! :thumbsup:

He hasn't given me any reason to believe HE will stalk me...I'm afraid of stalking in general because a friend of mine is going through it now, and it's awful.

Presumably, the reason behind dating is to find a suitable mate. If you fear this person becoming disgruntled or don't trust him enough to give out this info, he may not be "the one". ;)

Just to clarify: If you don't feel comfortable giving out your info, DON'T. This is really the only measuring stick to use here. Do it when YOU feel comfortable, and not before. :)

You really can't get better advice than that! :thumbsup:

He hasn't given me any reason to believe HE will stalk me...I'm afraid of stalking in general because a friend of mine is going through it now, and it's awful.

As a police officer, it has been my observance that most reported "stalking" is simple mis-communication. There are some cases of true stalking, but most of the time the "stalker" really thinks the other person is interested and just playing hard to get.

Or so they say....

I met a fellow at a singles get together a couple months ago. We've talked on the phone and e-mailed quite a few times and went on three dates alone. Each time I met him at the place. On the first date he wanted to know where I lived and worked. I told him the suburb I lived in, but not where. I let him know what kind of work I did and the type of place it was, but told him I didn't see why the company name was relevant to him. He is still asking.

I'm afraid to reveal it (particularly my company name/location) because he may be disgruntled if we stop seeing each other and harass me, and that could cost me my job. Perhaps he wouldn't.....but how does one really know? I'm just trying to protect myself.

Would you continue keeping this personal information just that, personal?

Sorry, it wouldn't let me edit the heading. I meant to say "give" out personal information.

I think you are paranoid. If I went out with you and you were withholding info. that trivial, I would think you were a bit weird.

You do not keep stuff personal from someone you date. Assuming you are dating with the sincere desire for the relationship to end in marriage and not just dating for fun.

You really think one's address and employer is trivial? That job is my livelihood. If we break up and he feels jilted he could show up or call constantly and get me fired. Besides, how important is it for him to know whether I work at the "Curtis" Company or the "Johnson" Company?

:emot-hug:

Ask him to meet you at Kinko's.

Because dear you see my Daddy and my three uncles and my five older Brothers all want a photo-copy of your driver's License so they can add you to their Christmas list. Honest! :thumbsup:

Do you mind taking me to watch my baby brother's Ultimate Fighter championship bout next Saturday night?

What is your blood type?

Sometimes they ask family to help out Bubba's opponents.

:emot-handshake:

But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee.
Psalms 5:11

:emot-highfive:

I Don't Have A clue!

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  469
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  09/21/1967

What is the Holy Spirit saying to you? Is he a Christian? You should be able to discern if he is, Don

No, he's not Christian...he's "another" religion.

He "seems" to be a decent fellow, but just the fact that he keeps asking is waving a red flag in front of me.