AndrewA

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

It's the little gnomes wreaking havoc on the system.

Shalom,

These types of mockery of a serious subject to some are a shame to the name of Jesus and should not be done by Christians. We should be considerate of other Believer's sincere and serious opinions on this. We are to show LOVE, not disdain for our brother's and sister's convictions.

Romans 14

3 Let not the one who eats despise the one who abstains, and let not the one who abstains pass judgment on the one who eats, for God has welcomed him. 4Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master[a] that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I think it went directly to the point, so evidently this is one of these areas where we must agree to disagree things.

Shalom SP,

No, it did not go to the point of what I'm saying, please, read my post again.

And these comments:

Not than man created something that COULD BE used for evil, but that something was created ONLY for evil purposes.

All those things you mentioned that were created by man have functions and purposes. If someone uses them for evil, that doesn't make the thing evil.

HOWEVER, faeries, gnomes, Ouija boards and several other things were created FOR evil and there is no good purpose in them.

No need, I read them the first time, my point stands.

Shalom SP,

No, your point has nothing to do with what was said. If you don't care, that's fine, but it's not truth.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  146
  • Content Count:  2,308
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

Shalom,

These types of mockery of a serious subject to some are a shame to the name of Jesus and should not be done by Christians. We should be considerate of other Believer's sincere and serious opinions on this. We are to show LOVE, not disdain for our brother's and sister's convictions.

Romans 14

3 Let not the one who eats despise the one who abstains, and let not the one who abstains pass judgment on the one who eats, for God has welcomed him. 4Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master[a] that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

Thank you Vickilynn. :thumbsup:

I have only read four pages of this thread and I have never read so much mumbo jumbo since I believed in santa claus.. This more superstition than anything else. How can a garden gnome made from plaster of paris contain any evil spirit. There is more evil inside your computer and tv sets. No inanimate fairy, gnome or picture made by man is able to have any influencing power over you if you have the H/S indwelling in you and are covered by the power of the blood of the Lamb. Greater is He who is in you than he that's in the world. We have a few garden ornaments in our garden, but they don't freak me out. :rolleyes:

Shalom Eric,

You should read more than 4 pages to get an accurate idea of the REAL discussion.

Andrew's post is not the real issue, IMHO.

Here is my post again:

Shalom,

The title suggests that there ARE such things as satanic and evil objects. I am not talking about demons inhabiting inanimate objects, but objects that are created for evil by man. These objects were not created by G-d and therefore have no G-dly purpose or function.

There are G-d created objects, such as trees, snakes, and things in Nature. Just because people used these for evil purposes does not make them evil in and of themselves. For example, just because some people used to worship evergreen trees and made idols out of them, that does not mean the Christmas Tree in my home is evil. Christians use this argument to say that anything once perverted is forever perverted. I disagree. Anything created by G-d, such as trees, is not evil of itself, because it was created by G-d.

However, there is a second issue here, one that has been overlooked in this discussion and is, in my opinion, the REAL discussion. This, imho, is the REAL issue of this and should be considered carefully and prayerfully and not dismissed and CERTAINLY not mocked!

There are things that are not created by G-d, but created by man strictly for evil and satanic purposes and have no G-dly purpose or function and in and of themselves, they glorify evil. The example here are faeries and gnomes. These are worshipped as idols and represent only that. The lie that these are "cute and cuddly" mythical creatures is a lie from the enemy to get us to accept those things that are not G-dly into our lives by telling us they are harmless. Satan also tells us that HE is harmless. :thumbsup:

So, we must differentiate in this discussion, those things that are created by G-d and are G-d's and those things created by man for evil and have no other purpose. The Ouija board brought up recently is another. It was created for evil and is used for evil and to say it is harmless is ignoring the truth. Not only is not pleasing to G-d, but it promotes the appearance of accepting evil to those who use these items, such as Wiccans. It is one thing to have these gnomes in ignorance, but once it has been shown that these things were created for and are used in idol worship, we should remove them, so as not to become a stumbling block for Christians, or those who need to be freed from the bondage of evil and are using these items.

We must be diligent and not bring into our homes and lives those things that are created for and used for idolatry, evil and satanic purposes. We must not however, look at the good things G-d created and say they are evil - they are not! Even if they are used for evil purposes, the fact they were created by G-d and G-d is not evil says it all.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Well I think it went directly to the point, so evidently this is one of these areas where we must agree to disagree things.

Shalom SP,

No, it did not go to the point of what I'm saying, please, read my post again.

And these comments:

Not than man created something that COULD BE used for evil, but that something was created ONLY for evil purposes.

All those things you mentioned that were created by man have functions and purposes. If someone uses them for evil, that doesn't make the thing evil.

HOWEVER, faeries, gnomes, Ouija boards and several other things were created FOR evil and there is no good purpose in them.

No need, I read them the first time, my point stands.

Shalom SP,

No, your point has nothing to do with what was said. If you don't care, that's fine, but it's not truth.

Your always the one stating how we are all entitled to our opinions, this is mine, and it is my truth and if you read most of the remarks made on this thread, its also the opinion held by majority of the people who have answered here. Superstition has NO place in Christianity. Just because you disagree with me does not invalidate my point, any more than my disagreeing with you invalidates yours.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

Shalom,

Romans 14

Thank you Vickilynn. :noidea:

Amen, Vickilynn!

Your always the one stating how we are all entitled to our opinions, this is mine, and it is my truth and if you read most of the remarks made on this thread, its also the opinion held by majority of the people who have answered here. Superstition has NO place in Christianity. Just because you disagree with me does not invalidate my point, any more than my disagreeing with you invalidates yours.

Shalom SP,

I'm not talking superstition. If you'd read my post, you'd know that. :noidea: I don't agree with Andrew's posts, my points are completely different.

No one said your opinion wasn't valid. Hey, how about reading what I'm ACTUALLY saying here? :24:

I'm saying you are talking about something that no one has said. Listen, you are as entitled as I am to our opinions, but if you're going to say what has not been said by me, it's not the truth. That's all. Look, you know I love you. I don't wish to upset you or argue with you. I'm just saying you've missed what I actually said and are making arguments about things not even in the discussion.

Shalom to you SP. I'm not going to argue with you. :huh:

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338

Shalom,

Oh my. :noidea: Somebody needs to shoot this thread before it degenerates further

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338

And I still say it's the gnomes!

Romans 14

10 Why do you pass judgment on your brother? Or you, why do you despise your brother? For we will all stand before the judgment seat of God; 11 for it is written,

"As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bow to me,

and every tongue shall confess to God."

12So then each of us will give an account of himself to God.

Galatians 5

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.